C502
217 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Children of the Beast Tribe who were sold as slaves in Barsto.

The current commotion started when the Bardia family took them into custody.

However, the Bardia family legally protected them in light of the laws of the empire as well as the laws of Balusto and Zubera.

The father explained again, in order, that our family was not at fault.

The worsening of relations with the Grandek family began with the attack on the Bardia family's workshop by an organized unit of foxmen.

When the attackers fled to the territory of the Foxmen, the Bardia family asked for their cooperation in taking the criminals into captivity and solving the case.

But they refused, and rather stated that the cause was "the Bardia family that treats the children of the beastmen as slaves," which caused a sudden decline in relations between the two families.

The Bardia family patiently hoped for a peaceful resolution through negotiations, but the Grandek family, which rules the Foxmen, refused to listen to us

The Grandeks were determined to one-sidedly declare the Bardia family evil and were ready to resort to armed conflict from the outset, making negotiations difficult.

The Grandeks deployed their army near the border, provoking tension.

Then a new incident happened.

A group of Foxeer extremists attacked the Christie Trading Company, which has close ties to the Bardia family.

They kidnapped the representative, Christy Safron, and other related persons, as well as Meldy Bardia, who was a passenger in the vehicle.

At the time of the incident, the whereabouts of a charcoal truck that the Bardia family had rented to the trading company are still unknown.

This has decisively worsened the relationship between the two families.

In addition, the Christie Trading Company had received a letter of invitation from Duke Augusto Lovelace and was on its way to the capital to discuss business, but this "letter of invitation" turned out to be an expert "fake."

The Duchess of Lovelace is the family of the Queen Matilda, and has been a prominent family since the founding of the Magnolia Empire.

In other words, the "Battle of the Narrow Fortress" involved a high ranking noble family from the historic empire.

If the House of Bardia had been defeated by the House of Grandek, and if this letter of intent had been made public, the position of the Dukes of Lovelace and His Majesty Matilda might have become considerably worse.

Father had probably already informed their Majesties and the Dukes of Lovelace in advance, but this information had not been made public to the general public yet.

The nobles, who were probably being told about this for the first time, knew the seriousness of the matter and their expressions became more severe.

His Majesty Irwin also put on a troubled face to match the situation.

"If it is true, it is a serious matter. Reiner, you are sure you have the proof?

Of course. Rid, bring the item to His Majesty.

"Oh, yes, of course."

I took out an envelope from my pocket and went in front of Their Majesties and handed it to them.

'......, it has the crest of the Dukes of Lovelace on it, I see."

'Yes, it is true. I am familiar with it. It is probably genuine."

 

After staring at it, His Majesty Irwin turned his attention to the nobles.

"Duke Augustus. Please check with me as well."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

A low voice rings out, and a mature man with narrow but powerful blue eyes and slightly pale blond hair pulled back in an all-back position steps forward.

Is that the "Duke Augusto Lovelace"?

This is the first time I've seen him up close like this.

Duke Auguste received an envelope from His Majesty Irwin and carefully checked the crest and contents.

"It is definitely from the Dukes of Lovelace . In addition, the handwriting is very similar to mine. If you received this, I doubt that it is a fake."

The nobles murmured as Duke Augusto replied with a sarcastic tone and handed the letter back to His Majesty.

This was the moment when the nobles recognized the letter as solid proof that the imperial nobility had been involved in a scheme and had been taken advantage of.

"The letter itself I have seen for the first time today, but I had heard about this matter beforehand from the frontier count Reiner. Accordingly, we have been conducting background checks on everyone who works at the house, and so far have found no one who looks suspicious."

"I see. Well, then, Duke Augusto, if you find out anything, please let us know immediately. "

"Of course."

Duke August bowed to His Majesty and turned back to us.

"Count Rainer, Master Rid, I am afraid that my supervision has been insufficient. I am sorry for the trouble I have caused you and your family due to my lack of control. I apologize."

"It is an extraordinary thing. Duke August was also a victim, so to speak. The important thing is to find out what happened. I ask for your cooperation and help."

"Yes, of course. I will make sure that they regret speaking the name of the Duchess of Lovelace. "

After the father answered, the two men shook hands.

"I am sorry for the trouble I have caused you, Mister Rid. Please let me know if you need any help. If it is all right with you, I will help you as much as I can."

"Thank you very much. I am grateful for your kindness."

Duke August shook my hand, bade me farewell, and returned to the spot where he had just been standing.

By this exchange, he was implying to the nobles that what happened between the Grandek and Bardia families was not just a matter between the two families.

I won't say it here, but behind the Grandeks' backs are the imperial nobility.

Or there must have been someone connected to a powerful imperial nobility.

For them, the fact that we had physical evidence in the form of a letter in our possession was probably one of their biggest disappointments.

I looked around, but no nobles seemed to change their facial expressions.

Well, I don't expect to discover anything at this point.

But it should be enough to tell them, 'We are aware of your presence."

We are aware that the Duke of Lovelace's crest has been abused. This is a serious case that could shake the prestige and unity of the empire, and we will continue to investigate it thoroughly and carefully. Matilda, do you agree with that?"

"Yes, your majesty. Let me help you with this."

Matilda followed His Majesty Irwin, but she took one look at the nobles, hiding her mouth with her fan while narrowing her eyes in a bewitching manner.

The nobles gulped as they were exposed to the strange sense of intimidation she emitted.

Those are the eyes of someone who should never be offended.

But there are a lot of people like that around me.

Like my mother and Fara, .......

Now, I'm getting a little off topic. Well, Rainer, please continue. "

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Father bailed and turned the conversation to "Amon Grandek," who had come to Bardia as a new emissary from the Grandek family.

4