Ep 1 – Where the Hell Am I?
339 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The last thing I heard was a coquettish laugh echoing throughout my surroundings. I assume it was female judging from the sweet gentle voice. Probably a mature lady.

I tried looking around but couldn't see anything. It was pitch black everywhere around. No woman if I could even see anything here.

“Good luck, Ralph boy. I hope you can cross all the hurdles and change this world for the better. Remember to not be too dependent on the system that you will play on the enemy's hand. Just be aware that the system is not your ally, remember that.” said the mysterious lady.

‘Who are you?’
I tried talking but for some reason, no voice came through my mouth.

What the hell! Why can’t I say anything?

The woman’s voice finally started fading.
I somehow felt that this voice was familiar but for some reason, I can’t recall.

Fuck that, where the hell even am I?

There is pitch black darkness everywhere I could see.
I don’t even feel my limbs or even my face for that matter. I was as if floating in this deep black dimension endlessly.

Did I even possess eyes or even a body for that matter?

Before I could think anymore, the next instant I heard a buzzing noise.
It sounded more like the noise of some big electronic machine starting up.

Am I in a machine?
For some reason, I can’t see shit only hear sounds.

The first weird lady talking gibberish then the machinery noises.
What the hell is happening?

As I was starting to wonder what was happening, there was a sudden flash of light.
I was then pulled towards the light like a moth attracted to the flame.

I let myself be pulled towards the light, not as if I could even resist the pull, to begin with.
I just wanted this weird dream to end once and for all.

The noise of the machine buzzing had already faded away before I knew it. I was then engulfed in the light from all sides as if I had dived in the sea of light.

The first sensation that I felt was the cool breeze touching my body as a whole. I felt the sweet smell of fresh earth and grass entering the sensation of my nose. On my back, I felt the softness of a bunch of damp feathers touching my bare skin from behind.

I could hear a nearby sound of gurgling water coming from the side very close to me. There were even the sounds of chirping birds and insects which reminded me of summer.

I gently opened my eyes and the first view to greet me was the vibrant deep blue sky. The sky view was cropped to a small area by the treetops encircling the view to a certain area. The sun rays were currently falling on my body blessing me with gentle warmth.

This was the most blissful moment I had encountered, so I just decided to lay there without thinking much.

After laying there while staring at the sky for about half an hour, I finally got up.
I had my share of the beauty of this view.

Stretched my arms, while yawning,
“Alright, that's enough rest, now where the hell am I?”

I finally decided to check my situation.
A normal person must be flipping out finding this weird but I have been in the worst situations. So I am already used to being calm and composed.

I finally took a look around at my surroundings.
At this moment I was in some unknown forest area near the banks of a water stream cutting through the woods. There was no other person other than myself. Only the stream of water and a thick blanket of tall forest trees stretched across all the way.

“Hmm. This is certainly weird. Was there even such a forest around our place? Doesn’t look like Lamford Central Forest Reserves.”

I tried touching my chin involuntarily as if I could remember what this place was.
But as soon as I touched my chin there was a prickly pain there as if something sharp just touched my chin.

“Ow!”

I quickly looked at my hands.
And I was surprised beyond belief.

3