Ep 6 – Slashing Claws Skill
176 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I quickly tried searching for a chip on my body with my hands scanning all crooks and corners on my body. Although there was no cut or bruise, so there's a low chance that I was being chipped in some way.

But before I could start roaming around I started experimenting.

I could open and close the stat screen, however, I wish.

Also, the stat screen followed me when I kept it open.

Finally, an idea struck me, a dumb one at that.

After having this great idea in my brain, I decided to implement it right away.

Kneeling like a pro athlete, I rushed towards the tree-like rugby player with the screen in front of me like a shield. Without a second thought, I dived into the tree, chest first like a sumo player.

But to my surprise, the screen went through the tree like a ghost.

Couldn’t able to stop my momentum, I slammed my face against the tree like a moron.

Taking a hard hit after crashing into the tree I had to stay down on the ground a couple of times to recuperate.

To be honest, that was a dumb move, I totally deserved that!
I could have just walked like normal and tested this same theory without getting hurt.

I think this must be the bad influence of those gag isekai novels and their dumb protagonist.

“Shit! I better stop relying on those isekai novels for guidance.” I said to myself as I rubbed my bruised face.

I am not really good at keeping track of stats and stuff even back when I played games.

The way I played the game was that I just used to slap some pieces of equipment that I liked on my character and let the story take me places.

I also used to skip the game tutorials and learned my way as I played.

But right now this was quite a different situation.

If I ever end up getting killed, I don’t think there will be a restart option like the games.

I might die for real… or I won’t. I don’t know for sure.

Only dying can really tell if I will revive or not.
I certainly died once in the past and I am not very eager to try that one more time.

So it's better that I assume that this world is the real thing.

As I was going through the stats I found something interesting.

I tapped on the [Slashing Claws]

Suddenly a small text box opened.

[Slashing Claws- Creates aerial slashes from your claws that travels through the air. Damage decreases over time depending on the distance the claw waves travel before disappearing. In close range deals maximum damage.]

Finally something much more interesting.

“Here goes nothing. Slashing Claws!” I shouted out loud like a typical shounen character for some reason.

Suddenly my right hand was filled with a strange warmth.

My hand trembled as if immense power was about to erupt out of my hands. My right-hand fingers started glowing and there were mysterious ethereal claws made of glowing light.

I instinctively swung my arm towards a random tree.

As soon as I swung my arm, the ethereal claws launched from my fingers toward the tree. It went straight through the air slicing the grass and attacking the tree with a loud slash. The slashing claw left a three-deep gash on the trunk of the tree.

“Wow!”

It looked as if a bear had attacked that tree.

If there was a person who was to take that attack, I am pretty sure that would leave them with some serious wounds.

Although I nodded my head slowly,

“Welp. It’s not as strong as I had expected. I thought this move would topple down a few trees with it.”

Well, I really expected that move would easily topple a few of the trees. At least that’s what happened in those isekai novels that had overpowered protagonists. So going by their definition, I should have overpowered abilities as well, right?

Suddenly I felt a bit drained after using this skill.

That’s when I noticed that my

[Mana: 27/30]

I used some mana to utilize that skill.

My mana was not regenerating quickly so I didn’t use any more of those skills.

I was still in an unknown place and I never know when I might run into an enemy or face a fierce monster. I must preserve my mana for dire moments.

I then sat down as I waited for mana to regenerate to its fullest.

As I waited a thought suddenly ran into my mind.

If this is really like a game then I should have tried that.
Why didn’t I think of it before?

I sat on a rock, took a deep breath,

“System Logout!”

“System disable”

“Game close”

“Force shut down”

“Open Task manager!”

Although nothing happened.

My voice only echoed in the forest.

“System open menu”

Suddenly the screen flickered and tabs of words were displayed in an orderly fashion.

[Stat Info Tab]

[Achievements Tab]

[Quest Tab]

[Inventory Tab]

[???]

[???]

Stat Info Tab, I had already seen once.

[Achievements Tab] was empty.

I had 0 achievements. Kinda feel like the former Tyrion was a loser, not much different from myself. I guess we two could have been good friends, Lol.

I clicked on [Quest Tab]

There was only one quest available at the moment.

[The Trial of The Blood and Ash] [Quest Locked]

[Level too low]

I tried clicking on the quest but there was not much information on the quest.
The only way I could get to know is to level up.

I then finally clicked on [Inventory]

Suddenly the screen expanded and flashed light as the screen changed.

Soon neatly arranged boxes appeared on my screen. There I was finally able to see the items that I possessed.

But as soon as I saw the contents my eyes almost popped out.

“What in the hell is this!”

3