Ep 12 – First Quest
224 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So let me get this straight, you are supposed to be some artificial intelligence programmed to guide me through my new life, is that it?” I questioned.

“Well if you have to put it in such a simpler term, then yes.”

Hmm. An AI is gonna be my guide, interesting.

So this just basically it's like being strapped to Amazong’s Alexa but it can also read my mind. This is definitely something Jeff Bozo would come up with in the near future.

“Hey, don’t class me together with that low-grade, cloud-based voice AI from your planet. I can do a lot more things without even needing to be connected to the internet,” said Alice in an annoyed tone.

Hey, could you stop reading my monologue, I really fucking want some privacy, please!

“I am sorry but as a beginner host player, there will be no such thing as privacy between the host player and their guide. At least not until you can clear the advanced tutorials and stand on your two feet in this world without dying. Only then maybe you can get your freedom from me.”

Host player? Tutorial? What the hell are you talking about? Okay backtrack a little but I am really confused. So you meant to say that you won’t stop reading my mind, is that it?

“Yes, I can’t stop reading your mind,”

You are just a guide, you are supposed to just show the way and then let players decide what they wanna do. I still don’t understand why you are allowed to read my mind. I call it hax!

Get me the gamemaster! I wanna talk with your superior.

“Stop being so dramatic. It’s not like I am going to hijack your brain and take over your body. It’s just my duty as a guide to teach you the basics while keeping your check on your thoughts, that’s it,” replied Alice in an annoyed tone.

What has checking my thoughts had anything to do with your duty? I don’t get it, please elaborate.

“Alright! How about this, I’ll answer your question ‘Why we can read your mind’ if you manage to hunt all those horned rabbits over there on the river bank. We are wasting a lot of precious time and those rabbits might go back into the woods anytime soon.”

Oh! Wasn’t I about to hunt those horned bunnies?

I glanced at where those bunnies were. Those horned bunnies were still having a picnic at the river bank. They still haven’t noticed that I was hiding in the stream just a few meters away.

It also slipped my mind that I was still shoulder-deep in the stream water. Suddenly Alice started talking and I was so engrossed in our conversation that I forgot about the place I was in.

Thankfully the weed plants over my head were working well as camouflage.

I don’t want to catch a cold, let's just go and hunt some bunnies.

I really do need to farm those extra EXP anyway.

Although the most crucial thing that I need right now is information. I was in a strange new world with a new identity. So gathering information should be my top priority.

Trusting Alice isn’t easy. I still think she’s quite shady but I do need the information though.

“Why are you labeling me as shady?” asked Alice in an annoyed tone.

Ah! She’s still reading my mind. The best thing to do now is to ignore her.

“I can still hear you! Uh~” Alice let out a sigh, “So do you accept my quest?”

Suddenly a screen popped in front of me.

What the-

[Quest- Hunt 12 Horned Rabbits]

[Rewards- Exp, Information]

[Limited Time Event]

[Do You Accept: Y/N?]

What the hell! Can Alice trigger quests like a regular NPC?

Now that’s more like it, now I really do feel like I am in a game.

And my first reward is~ is… ~is ‘Information’ that’s it?


My guide is kinda stingy, she could have added some cash and equipment

“Hey! I already had passed new equipment to the former Tyrion. But he pawned it for money. I am actually doing a favor restarting this tutorial, you know,” added Alice in a grumpy tone.

“What the hell!” I scowled.

“Shh! You moron! Stop talking with your mouth otherwise, you might alert those bunnies.”

I quickly cupped my mouth and hid my face underwater.

The bunnies still haven’t caught my wind yet.

Alice! What the hell! What happened to Tyrion’s starter gear?
“Previous Tyrion actually pawned it for the new copulate playmate model and a bunch of packets of condoms. It has been quite a few years, I am sure the pawnshop owner has already sold it.”

That motherfucker! What was going on in that asshole’s mind?
I so badly wanna punch that guy if I ever get to meet him.

“You can just punch yourself,” chimed Alice.

Why didn’t you stop him? What kind of useless guide are you?

“Oi I did stop him but there was no stopping him. He already went past saving anyway. That’s what a toxic relationship does to one’s mind. Poor guy.”

Toxic relationship? What the hell happened to Tyrion?

“Sorry, but I can’t tell you that. The information regarding the original Tyrion cannot be disclosed by their guides. According to the terms and conditions, we, guides are restricted to share any information about their host players. We are only allowed to share a few key pieces of information and that only with the game master. In this manner, the game system maintains players' privacy so that they can participate in life with peace of mind.”

Privacy! Gimme my privacy too.

“Your privacy is only limited to the system, that's it. There will be no privacy between the guide and its player. You are no exception.”

Tch. Stingy.

Anyway, who is the game master? What’s your organization’s end goal in creating such a system?

“That’s also non-disclosable information.”

Useless Guide.

“One more time you call me useless and I’ll stop helping you,” said Alice in a cold voice.

Okay! Chill. Latest AI can’t even take a joke. My Alexa on the other hand was able to take insults like a champ.

“...”

Fine, I guess I really need to get used to Alice reading my mind. What a pain!
It feels like I am in some first-person web novel where readers can read all the protagonist's thoughts.

I almost feel like I am completely bare-naked. Although I do not mind being naked like this. When I was in the prison-

“Hey! Stop your sob story and get on to the quest already,” interrupted Alice.

You motherf- fine!

The quest screen was still floating in front of me.

[Quest- Hunt 12 Horned Rabbits]

[Rewards- Exp, Information]

[Limited Time Event]

[Do You Accept: Y/N?]

Alright, I accept your quest, so I clicked on [Y]

So began the new quest.

They accepted your quest, happy?

Alice scoffed,

“Good luck, but if a single rabbit manages to escape. You’ll fail the quest and get no information. Keep that in mind.”

Already putting the pressure on the newbie?
If the game system provides a feedback option on their guide, I am sure they have a lot of input they could really use.

So began my first new quest.

1