Chapter 2: Casimir
31 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Casimir has a panic attack!

“Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.”

— Aragorn

They stayed the rest of the day and night at his old home. So much of which he remembered. But It was still painful, walking through the halls so calmly. As if there wasn’t terror inhabiting part of his brain the entire time. Terror. From what he had no idea- just a strange feeling that had permanently settled down in the back of his brain. Haunting him. 

 

Katya didn’t notice anything- at least, he hoped she didn’t. She had learned so much in such a short time- he imagined it like getting hit by one of those huge human-made things. He didn’t want to pile more stress onto her. 

It was that day Casimir decided to show Katya around Kyria. To- relieve stress or whatever. 

 

“Katya!” He barged into the guest room, “C’mon! We’re going on a tour!”

Katya’s head came up quickly from where it was resting, “What?” She asked groggily. 

Casimir grinned and bounced down next to her, “A tour! I want to show you around what I remember!” No need to worry Katya with the small voice he heard muttering incoherently at the back of his head. Nope. 

She made an exaggerated sigh, “Fineeeee,” She stood up, nudging Casimir with her wing, “Let’s go.” 

 

It was even more breathtaking than he had remembered. The streams were clear and gurgled peacefully as they trickled past the two dragons. Unlike the air back in the human world- Kyria’s air was completely clean and fresh. 

There were butterflies- birds- and everything good in the human realm. The familiarity of it all rang through Casimir’s head as a small smile spread across his face and he let himself case down the wind in the open grasslands. 

Katya was next to him, grinning as her claws tore up the grass beneath her, helping her speed up and go even faster. Casimir could remember doing this with Thyran, rushing through the fields to get to the cave. The cave. The one with the steam cutting across the entrance. The yawing dark hole is called an entrance. 

He stopped suddenly, causing Katya to skid across the grass in haste to stop with him. She stared at him, eyes laced with concern, “Are you okay?” She asked, stepping closer and peering at his face. 

Casimir forced a smile, “Yep! Just make sure that slow-pokes like you can keep up!!” 

Katya laughed. Good. Nothing was wrong. “I’m not slow!” Katya argued back after she finished laughing.

“Yeah you are,” he grinned even more, “Try to catch me,” Then he started to run at full speed through the tall grasses. 

“Wait!! CHEATER!” Katya yelled after him. He heard as she started chasing after him, a laugh bubbling out.

Casimir smiled and closed his eyes. But- that proved ill as he proceeded to trip over his own feet and tumbled to the ground, hitting his nose on the ground. “Ow,” 

Katya flopped on the ground next to him, “Tired?” She teased. 

“Never!” Casimir bounced back up, he suddenly felt very nervous. Ignore it, his mind supplied helpfully. 

Katya took off running again, Casimir chasing after her. “Wait!” He called, seemingly unable to find a grip on the grass as he continued to trip. His legs felt weak- as if he hadn’t eaten in 5 days. 

 

“I can’t-” he collapsed on the ground, limbs heavy. Katya ran back, crouching next to him. 

“Casimir-?” Her voice was filled with panic. 

Casimir lifts himself off the ground a few centimeters, “Can- we- go- back-?” 

Katya nodded, “Let’s go.”

So, I wrote this in the midst of a panic attack- I won't tell you guys why.... but hey... I'm fine now. Also, I have a suspicion that my future ELA teacher is looking at this cause he was on scribble and found my first book and somehow the review for it (*cough* Prince_Amiran_Myrian *cough*)(Is that your user??) and said, and I quote: "Harsh, but not entirely untrue. follow their advice and maybe you'll be better when you're finally my student" Then he proceeded to go play guitar in the corner while I wrote. OH WAIT. The best part!!! When the three high school students that are running the club I was at at the time came in, he just yelled, "EL-- (totally not about to use my name) GOT HER FIRST REVIEW!! Then my laptop was passed around the room. Everyone reading the review and giving me advice.

Which is your favorite book/sort of genre out of these?
  • Lord Of The Rings (other world fantasy) Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The fault in our stars(realistic fiction) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harry Potter (fantasy- but set on earth) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To kill a Mokingbird (historical fiction. I think) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (Idk what this is my friend wanted me to put this- but murder mystery? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dune (sci-fi) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
2