Prologue pt3
205 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue pt3:

········

Hearing the silly Tyler being playful was enough for him to start playing with a new vigor.

The moment Lucas began to play, a dark and gloomy melody enveloped the room. He didn't realize this as he was with his eyes closed.

For a second, Tyler thought he was going to play a sad song again.

But as he kept playing the strings, the tempo of the song began to accelerate, now instead of a somber melody, it was one of impatience.

Tyler began to imagine himself every time he arrived at the hospital waiting for news about Lucas' illness.

As the song continued, the somber melody began to increase. Faster and faster.

And, as the song picked up speed, a new melody appeared. Like a career, the new and brighter melody continued until it was now at the forefront.

As Lucas continues to play, the notes are new and brighter. While the impatient were left behind by the cheerful tunes.

The clash of these two melodies, Bright and Dark. It gave listeners the image of a family waiting for a new member.

A new melody began to be born.

Tyler's image changed. This bez, she could imagine a hospital room, but instead of waiting for bad news, she was waiting for good news.

As the song became livelier and the sober mood drowned, I understood that I was waiting for a new life.

Suddenly, the song changed again.

This time the notes were piercing, a kind of lament.

The listener could also feel it.

The pain of giving birth was being touched by the music and as if someone suddenly turned off the music, the sound of appearing.

Lucas, on the other hand, began to play the guitar gently making a mute sound.

~badum~ ~badum~

The listener understood, it was the sound of a heartbeat. But how did he achieve those notes with a simple electric guitar?

A new life has come into the world and Lucas, as if he were a father, began to welcome him with a new melody.

This warmth and comfort that only one being full of love could give to another.

Tyler, who understood the pain of losing his family just like Lucas, began to cry again.

The warmth of the music makes viewers who were watching the broadcast feel appreciated as if the song is whispering softly, "You are all that matters."

The song continued, the warmth of the melody kept playing with his left hand while the right gently tore the string and began to get playful.

Listeners could imagine.

The child was growing up, and now imagination and curiosity were rampant.

Every couple of seconds the time would change.

Make the guitar sound like a jazz improvisation rather than the feeling it was conveying at the beginning.

This time, Tyler could feel like a child, playing, asking questions, and exploring with Lucas always by his side.

For a minute he felt the adventure and relaxing life that came with being a child.

As the song continued, the warm sound was being drowned out by curiosity,

At some point, the warmth and love of family had taken a back seat and now the child only had recklessness within him.

The song accelerated. The curiosity of the melody played to the maximum. He was fast, going up and reckless.

It was at this time that deep and dark chords began to appear.

Like a monster approaching its prey.

Tyler closed his eyes, understood perfectly or what was going on.

And as she predicted, the song changed abruptly.

The black ropes had arrived. The boy had fallen to the ground, he had malice, the family was anxious and upset about it. Sparkling Jazz was now like an elevator song.

Those who emanated with feigned happiness and tranquility. I was telling the listener to keep waiting, that everything was going to be fine.

Tyler understood, how could he not? That day, when they were 10, was one of the worst for both of them.

Lucas had been playing in the park, when a hooded man tried to get him inside a van, but managed to escape the perpetrator's grip and ran out as far as he could with his small body.

When he sees that he was faster than the perpetrator, mainly because he was a child with a lot of energy and the perpetrator was obese and had little resistance.

Little Lucas' next course of action was to climb a tree, the logic inside his head telling him that the fat man was not going to be able to climb on, and he was right.

When the man saw that he would not be able to grab the child, he decided to flee and leave the scene.

Finally, Tyler arrived at the park and saw Lucas trembling above the tree and crying. Asking him to slowly come down from the tree so he doesn't get hurt, I pass on what could have happened to any child.

Lucas had fallen and broken his arms. This should have been normal for a child. Those scars were the ones that were filled with laughter and good memories.

But for both of them, it was just the beginning of a nightmare.

Tyler kept listening as he grabbed the table tightly.

I was waiting for the doctors to tell the family that Lucas needed to stay in the hospital... but, as a new path in front of him, it did not happen.

This time jazz appeared again, slower, more careful, less curious, it had matured and was still alive.

Tyler opened his eyes wide and looked at Lucas as he thought.

'I really change it'

The music keeps playing for a few minutes.

The public saw itself in this new childhood. For those who didn't have it, they could get lost in it, while wondering, What if?

While those who have it were remembering days gone by and more innocent.

As the song progressed and reached adolescence, the sound of jazz morphed into more modern sounds.

Pop, Punk, Metal, Rock, Hip Hop, Classical, Ballads... the teenager was discovering himself.

Hatred, anger, happiness, sadness, love.

Every genre that the guitar connected seemingly effortlessly was like the hormones of his adolescence.

This continued until the melody began to darken again.

The child was now an adult and with him, you could feel the weight of his decisions.

In a moment the sound of his childhood reappears. And it was mixed with another melody.

Tyler knew it was the two of them, he could feel it in his chest, making him look at him with really sad shit.

While the rest of the spectators continue to listen.

Lucas was having a very introspective moment.

This song had been a great "What if?" stuck on his face. Especially now, I was starting to play a wedding song. Tyler would probably hate him for doing it the day after he had accepted a marriage proposal.

But it was his last day on earth, at least he wanted to confess it to someone once.

And I was enjoying every second of it.

The song continued.

Sound of a Marriage Ceremony. Dancing. And more mechanical sounds were heard. Again, funny and curious notes began to appear.

The song continued. This sound sounded murky, slower and tired.

The adult who had lived life was now nearing the end and just as he had composed it inside his head, the music changed again.

It started again, as in the beginning.

This time, the darker melodies felt refined as if they need to be there and so Lucas stopped playing.

The end of the song felt rushed. Even for him, but that’s life, right?

And it wasn't his last song.

I had one that I couldn't finish for the last month.

And let Tyler forbid it, but if that darkness was the afterlife... at least he wanted a good song for his journey into eternity.

As he stopped, Lucas spoke into the microphone.

"Epitaph of the imbeciles, first and second part"

He started playing his last song.

Now that he had lived for the first time, the song of "darkness" could finally be completed inside his head.

I needed to touch it.

A song to the great death.

 So non-stop and with the last force on his finger he started playing again.

The gloomy and dark melody appears again.

And like the call of the ripper, everyone who listened had a chill running down their bodies.

Tyler wanted to stop him. But looking at him better he could see that even his slender arms trembled.

He was leaving everything in it.

And worst of all, he looked in a lot of pain while doing it. If the last song was a what if and a cry of happiness, this one was full of regret and sadness.

Like a dog that hides to die in peace.

Lucas kept playing, his fingers hurting and twisting. But not a single mistake was being made.

He could feel the room darkening. And their senses disappearing.

He was playing only with his will.

To finish his true masterpiece.

A second later, his senses finally dissolved into nothingness.

I didn't know if I kept playing.

He thought so because it was the first time, he had felt pain in the dark. Something there never was.

As long as he keeps thinking useless things, the pain in his body disappears.

And finally, his consciousness was fading.

Until he fell into the arms of death.

 

7