Chapter 2: meeting with the gods
84 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: meeting with the gods

It has been a couple of months since I last collapsed and in that time I have been working on a theory as to why my magic blew up in my face. I think I have managed to find a solution but I cannot use it as of yet since I would need proper arms for it with the dexterity of an older child which I clearly do not have, all I can do is swing my arms around wildly. To rectifying that issue I have started using my arms more in the hopes of getting to a decent shape sooner. My parents still do not visit me very often and neither does anyone apart from a caretaker every now and then. I still get fed of course but that is pretty much all. The village has recently been very busy for something, they have been creating a sort of totems with all sorts of animal parts and flowers, maybe some kind of festival is coming up? Either way the solution that I have come up with but cannot use yet when it comes to magic is perhaps trying to use numbers to quantify the amount of Mana I wish to use in the hopes of it not blowing up in my face. A number of functions might also be useful since if I recall correctly from my previous life, maths was basically the language of the universe, good thing I remember some things from it. While I cannot try it yet, I have been improving steadily and might be able to escape this cradle soon and then I can try to write to see if my theory is correct.

A couple days later I and the babies were brought to cradles in the centre of the village which was decorated with all sorts of flowers and decorations.

With a shock I thought of something. Are they going to sacrifice us to some unknown god? This is bad, really bad. I and the other babies were clearly the centre of this entire festival and we are in a prehistoric civilisation where these kinds of things weren’t exceptionally rare. Think, think, what can I do? Crawl away? No, impossible, I need a few more months for that and they would spot me instantly. Can I attack the person coming to sacrifice me? Also futile, even if it would succeed, which is a big if, another one could simply do it. Was really all I could do simply wait and hope for the best? Think! Think! I don’t want to go back to the darkness!
Nothing came to me. There was no way I could stop it and all I could do was hope for the best. I tried calming myself down which mostly worked although I was still very much frightened. We had to wait there for at the very least an hour. I still felt fear but I reasoned that it would be illogical for a village to sacrifice all their babies at a given time. After a little why I suddenly saw everyone kneel in a worshipping position, face on the ground, hands in the front. I tried to look up and what I saw shocked me.

There were six individuals flying in front of me, surrounded by a golden hue.

Three of them were men and the other three were women, all of them both beautiful and strangely enough with the appearance of modern day humans. All six of them wore robes inlaid with gold and other materials that looked like they were worth a lot no matter the world. Most of them also wore armour on top of that and they also had weapons to their sides. Watching them I wondered if they were perhaps actual gods or time travellers, both seemed somewhat plausible. One of the group spoke to the village and pointed at us. One of the group of six broke off and headed towards us, when she got here I got to see her up close, blonde hair, a stunning face but most importantly, her eyes. They were anything but human, they had strange symbols on them and they were a light blue colour with no pupil or iris. She looked at us and her eyes began to glow. I could feel the Mana move and wash over me, scanning me deeply. I did not resist this as I thought that it could only make the situation worse and I definitely did not want to draw attention to myself but it seemed to be in vain since she was staring at me intently even after she stopped scanning the others. After a short silence of perhaps a few seconds, she returned to the group and started to talk to the man appearing to be the leader in a different language that sounded a lot more complicated than the village’s language. They talked for a while and I saw her point at me but after a while the conversation seemed to be over and the leader spoke to the village once again before once again. I left out a breath I didn’t realise I was holding and looked around to see the various responses. Some seemed happy that they left, some seemed sad. Could it be that we were planned to be sacrificed or taken but we were not accepted by the might-be gods?

The days following showed that the aliens were in fact the reason that our parents never raised us since my parents started to be a part of my life and I now also lived with them all the time. This should hopefully prove helpful in learning the language so I can finally communicate or at times know what is going on instead of having to guess it.

3