Chapter 4 : New moon
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The knight stopped at the entrance of the city walls, and having to pass through the guards he presented himself and explained his intentions. Luckily for the knight only one of the guards felt terrified of him and the other maintained his composure.

- If you seek a mage then go and ask the lady camping at the entrance. But as I said, we can't let you pass unless you identify yourself.

The knight said no more words and moved towards the tent. And with a muffed voice said: 

- I heard there's a mage here, can I hire your services?

A young girl appeared from the tent, she petite with curly red hairs and a serious face full of freckles.

The girl looked at the knight and immediately knew what it was. Then she looked at the unconscious girl in his arms. She said a soft enter and went inside the tent, that was a little higher than the knight himself or at least, in the outside, for the inside the place was bigger.

The knight entered the tent and followed the witch to a room with a bed and after she made signs he left the princess to sleep there.

- Why is there an undead carrying a girl? Why do you need my assistance? And do you know who I'm?

- It's my duty to protect her. She was wounded by bandits and I healed her wound but my abilities are not enough. I only know that you're a mage.

- Who cursed you?

- No one, or at least, that I know.

- And how are you planning on paying?

The undead creature took a gem from the pouch and gave it to her. Such gem could cost an entire house.

The witch with barely a move of her fingers healed the girl and she was no longer afflicted by a fever.

The night was coming and with her a nightmarish visitation.

This time, the moon did not great the land, nor did the stars, and all light that remained where man made.

That and two crimson dots dancing in the woods.

The trees moved from side to side and the birds left their nests. The air reeked of blood and malice.

And yet, the beast did not attack. Intead, it decided to wait until the knight left the city and dig itself on the ground to wait for the next day to come. For the beast was as cunning as it was brutal.

That night the citizens had only but nightmares and many omens were seen.

0