Create Problems
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No, he doesn't! He is a lover, not a fighter, you Cow! I think the Mecha Transformer is perfect for him! What do you think, Ace?" Chloe asked, and Ace looked over at me.

 

"I don't know; I think the Gunblade Marksman would be good for you. You always seem to be fidgeting with your gun, and you are pretty good with it," Ace said, and I looked at him. He was actually thinking about what would be good for me and not just what was cool. I was touched by that, and I looked at the screen.

 

"I think Ace is right; the Gunblade Marksman would be good for me," I said, and Chloe squealed.

 

"Yay! I get to help you make your gunblade!" Chloe exclaimed as she bounced over to the couch.

 

"What about the Mecha Transformer? Were you just stuck? And how are you even going to help me with that?" I asked curiously as she jumped into my lap and cuddled into my chest.

 

"The computer will do all the work, but I can help you pick out the right materials! This is going to be so much fun!" Chloe exclaimed, and I just shook my head after picking my class, but nothing outwardly changed. I wondered if I had made the right choice, but it was too late now.

 

After I had made my choice, we all gathered our things and headed out. Chloe was in the back of Ace's 4x4 truck, but I had to admit that it was pretty cool. There was even a Food Generator under my seat, so I treated us all to a steak dinner after we had set up tents.

 

The first day had been nothing but driving north from the city, but tomorrow we would come up to the Mecha Bandits, so Chloe could level up. I just hoped that Ace didn't get suspicious of how fast she was going to level, but we would have to cross that road when we got there.

 

Once we were done eating, the four of us sat around the fire for a bit. I really didn't want to get into a game of questions with Ace, but Chloe seemed insistent on making conversation.

 

"So, Ace, what do you do in your free time?" Chloe asked, and I wanted to facepalm, but I was trying not to give away my identity.

 

"I used to race cars, but I had to quit when I got my powers. I miss it sometimes, but I can't exactly go back to it now," Ace said, and I looked at him. He seemed to be in a good mood, but there was sadness in his eyes.

 

"Do you have any other hobbies?" Chloe pressed, and I wanted to kill her.

 

"I like to work on my car. I have a '69 Mustang that I am trying to restore. I also like to work on my muscle. I used to lift weights a lot, but I had to stop when I got my powers. I put on a lot of muscle when I was younger, but I am trying to get back into it," Ace explained, and I looked at him. He was in pretty good shape, but he was definitely not as big as he used to be.

 

"How are things with your girlfriend? You two keeping it hot between the sheets?" Chloe asked, and I choked on the spit I was trying to swallow, but Ace just laughed. Grace was not laughing, but Ace still put his arm around Grace and smiled.

 

"Yeah, we are good. I love her, but I think she is getting a little too possessive. I am trying to give her some space, but she is always following me around," Ace said, and I looked at Chloe. She was smirking, and I wanted to kill her, but I knew she was just trying to get information out of Ace. I couldn't blame her, she was just trying to help, but she was trying to get back at Grace.

 

"Maybe you should break up with her," Chloe suggested, and Ace's face fell.

 

"Excuse me? Do you want me to come slap that little smirk off your stupid face?!" Grace snapped, and I thought I was going to be sick as I sat on my rock staring into the fire.

 

"No, I couldn't do that. I love her," Ace said, and I could see the pain in his eyes.

 

"If you love her, then why are you trying to give her space?" Chloe asked, and I wanted to facepalm.

 

"I don't know, I just need some time to myself, you know?" Ace said, and Chloe nodded her head.

 

"I think that is a good idea. You should definitely break up with her," Chloe said, and I wanted to kill her, but I knew she was just trying to help.

 

"ACE! We are going to bed, and I am going to give you the best night of your life!" Grace snapped and dragged Ace off to their tent, and I just stared at Chloe.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you?! What are you trying to do?!" I snapped after I was sure they were gone.

 

"I am just trying to help," Chloe said, and I wanted to kill her, but I knew she was just trying to help.

 

"Help what?! You are trying to push him away from Grace! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I snapped, and Chloe just shrugged her shoulders.

 

"That is exactly what I am trying to do to him! Just wait! She is going to come out later, and she is going to be pissed and sexually frustrated! That is when you are going to sweet talk her, and get her all hot and heavy for you, and then cut her off!" Chloe said as she came over to sit on my lap. "You might think this all cruel, but don't think for a second that this bitch would sell her own mother for a chance to win this! This is more than just a job, Halberd, this is a game, and we are playing to win, not to be fair."

 

"Fine, but can you stop trying to push Ace so far?" I asked, but Chloe shook her head and then pulled me to our own tent.

 

Once we were inside and in the blankets, Chloe spoke up. "Ace is a pretty weak character. Grace told me that his team power leveled him and got him the confidence he has now, but that is only against weaker monsters he can bully and act tough with. On top of that, he had mommy issues that I know we are going to see this trip, and there is the prematurely blowing his load thing. In Astral Eyes, these are minor and not really what a person would get bonuses for. Do you know what I mean?"

 

"Are you saying that his problems aren't good enough, so we are going to give him some real problems?" I asked, and Chloe kissed me with a bright smile before pulling away.

 

"I love that you actually get me!" Chloe giggled, and I groaned.

 

"That just means that there is something wrong with both of us, but if what you say is true, I guess I can understand your logic," I sighed, and Chloe cuddled into me.

 

"Of course, it is true! I wouldn't lie to you, my love," Chloe said, and I shook my head.

 

"No, you wouldn't, but let's just hope that Ace doesn't get too messed up in this," I said, and Chloe giggled again.

 

"He won't, but Grace might," Chloe said, and I could only agree

1