Sown Seeds
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I know just the place," Chloe said as she turned around in her seat to look at us. "There is a small canyon up ahead that we can camp in for the night."

 

"Good, we will set up camp there, and then we can talk," I said as I looked at Ace. He nodded his head, but he still seemed on edge. I was going to have to keep an eye on him.

 

When we made it to the campsite, we all got out and started setting up camp. I had Chloe help me with my tent while Ace and Grace set up their own. Once we were all done, we sat around the fire, and I looked at everyone.

 

"So, what exactly are we supposed to do now?" Grace asked as she looked around the fire at everyone. "Are we just going to keep going north until we find something?"

 

"I think our best bet is to head east," I said as I looked at Chloe and Ace. They both nodded their heads in agreement, but then Ace spoke up.

 

"I think we should go back," Ace said, and everyone turned to look at him. "We have been pushing ourselves too hard, and if we keep going, then we are just going to get ourselves killed."

 

"No, I don't want to go back! We just need a little more time!" Grace said as she grabbed onto Ace's arm tightly. "Please!"

 

"I don't know, Grace. I think we should go back while we still can," Ace said as he looked at her, but then he turned to look at me. "What do you think?"

 

"I think that going back is a terrible idea," I said as I looked around the fire at everyone. "We have come too far to turn back now. You have no idea what could be waiting for us down there. If you want to get stronger, you are going to have to take some risks every once and a while."

 

"No, I don't want to risk Grace's life," Ace said as he looked down at her, but then he sighed. "But I guess you are right. We need to find a way to get stronger."

 

"I think we should head straight east tomorrow and check the area out before descending into the canyon. I am not reckless, but I also think that we need to start taking some risks," I said as everyone nodded their heads, and then we all turned in for the night.

 

I could tell that Ace was still on edge, but there was nothing I could do about it right now. We all needed some rest so we could be prepared for whatever tomorrow brought us, but first, we needed food, and I was starting to get addicted to using the food generator under the back seat. The range of food that you could make was literally endless, and you controlled most of the functions with your mind, except the start, but that was just to make you feel human, I think.

 

I placed my hand on the back of the seat, and a menu popped up in my mind. I scrolled through it until I found what I wanted and then placed my hand on the 'start' button. The machine hummed to life as it started to generate our food for the night, and within minutes we had a full spread of roasted meats, vegetables, fruits, slices of bread, and even some desserts.

 

"Wow! This is amazing!" Chloe said as she looked at all the food that was now laid out before us. "The machine is a blessing from the gods!"

 

"Don't say that; those bastards all have something up their sleeves! All gods are the same and are not to be trusted!" Ace declared, and I burst out laughing as I saw the uncomfortable looks on their faces. This was becoming so rich it was to the point where I could even enjoy it! I could not wait to see what happens when this guy meets Helena! This was going to require popcorn and a hanky to wipe my tears from laughing so hard!

 

"What's so funny?" Ace asked as he narrowed his eyes at me, but I just shook my head.

 

"Oh, nothing, just thinking about something," I said as I stopped laughing and grabbed a plate of food before walking over to my tent. "I am going to eat and then turn in for the night."

 

"Okay, goodnight," Grace said as she watched me walk into my tent, and then she turned back to the fire.

 

Chloe came in soon after with her own food and a bunch of extra things for us to snack on.

 

"I think we should probably leave them alone for a bit if you know what I mean," Chloe said quietly with a knowing smile as she sat down. "I think that we have sown enough seeds of discord and chaos for now. I think you are pushing him to his limits, and that is good, but let's not push too far."

 

"I get what you are saying, but I have to play my cards right," I said as I started to eat. "Do you really think that he would leave us behind?"

 

"No, not yet, at least," Chloe said as she thought about it. "But if we keep pushing him like this, then eventually, he is going to snap."

 

"Well, let's just hope that by the time he snaps, we are in a position where I can kill him," I said as Chloe nodded her head in agreement. 

 

Even though what we were doing worked now, I didn't think that it could last. This was the most fun part of my plan, but eventually, this would become old, and Ace would get sick of Grace wanting to help out with only me by her side. When it comes down to a breaking point, just like before, things will blow up in his face, and cross strings will be crossed! I just needed to mess him up bad enough while getting strong enough to see him dead.

0