Part 13.2: Interaction, POV: Sheila
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Sam casted the huge spell that spewed out waves of fire I told him that, “I’m going on ahead, okay?”

“That’s fine,” he nodded. 

I lightly punched his arm and whispered to him, “what’re you gon’ do?” 

“Hide I guess. I’m super tired right now. Just get going-” he pushed me away from him with his right arm.

I just leaped on top of the barricade and followed the length around to the front to meet up with Zack’s mini-team.  Let’s hope that there’s zero death casualties again!

Adam was there waving at me, “we’re going on three as per Zack’s counting.” 

I looked at Zack knowing he likely wouldn’t count us down, “I don’t know where Adam got that idea,” he shrugged. 

Adam raised his palms out of confusion, “Wait I thought you said-”

“What I said was that we have to go after Sam’s fire ignites. Which is right now… GO!” he ran ahead of us while igniting his axe with lightning, “our target is the big man up front! Gather any information you can or subdue him! Whichever comes first!” Thankfully Sam’s big ass fire cleared the first couple of rows so there wouldn’t be other sources of melee coming at us that you can do this stupid ass plan ZACK!

Will quickly caught up with him and passed him even faster! Adam and I quickly did the same. Seems he isn’t that hasty when he has to cast lightning

The flames started to dissipate at the front, Cyrus put up rock barriers to block the scores of magic bolts. Will leaped ahead holding his longsword high ready to swing down onto the guy. He swung his sword down but it was stopped halfway with a loud [Clank!]

When the smoke cleared we could see that his long sword was blocked by a… metal rod? It was a cylindrical Metal rod that still had a guard on one end with a handle. It looked almost like a Shinai but metal instead of wood and bamboo! Also large or big dude isn’t even a  good title. He stood straight up and he was TOWERING over all of us. GOD DAMN HE HAS TO BE SEVEN FOOT MINIMUM, maybe even eight feet tall! 

“It’s not a sword like we predicted!” Adam obviously declared. 

“Yeah, no shit Sherlock,” I rolled my eyes. 

“Hmph. The warriors on this planet have wills of steel I see,” The dude stated. The metal shinai started to glow yellow and lightning erupted on it and spread to Will, “Agh!” he cried out as he was flung back away and crashed into a leafless tree. 

“WLL!” Adam ran to check on him. However, Zack didn’t do the same. 

“Aren’t you gonna check on your brother!?” I shouted to him. 

“The mission comes first, I know he isn’t dead.” Zack ran ahead with his purple lightning coated axe and he started dueling the large dude. 

I kept looking back at Will and forward to Zack. Who the hell should I be helping right now!? “Fuck it,” I ran towards Zack to help him out. He was about to be hit by the rod so I cracked my whip on the guy’s arms to slow him down but as I looked to my right his arm was-

[Bam!]

Next thing I felt were rushes of wind like I was on a damn rollercoaster and then a [THUD!]. I think I just crashed into… something

I struggled to get my eyes open, and I could see Zack struggling. He was barely holding off the guy looking as if Zack was close to lying on the ground as the guy towered over him. His axe was dug deep right into one of his arms with blood dripping onto his mask but Zack still wasn’t giving up. I have to get up and help him or else he’s going to… no I can’t think about that now! I forced myself to stand up. 

 I tried to open my left eye and just saw red dripping down. Was I fucking punched!? I unclipped my mask and wiped away the blood for a second then put my mask back on, Oh that dude is gonna fucking regret it! I looked around and realized that I had crashed into a barricade. 

I brushed away the debris on my dirt and suit with my hands and when I looked up to my right, Sage and Cyrus were there leaping above me. They looked down at me and Sage stated that, “We’re joining the fight too!” 

Cyrus punched his arm into the road and yanked out a chunk of the road, “HEY!” he shouted. Zack by now was almost lost, his grip on his axe had grown physically weaker and only tiny flickers of his purple lightning were still glowing through the overbearing yellow lightning. 

Zack saw Cyrus and he instantly ducked and floored himself to the ground. “Huh?” the large guy stood confused and [WHAM!]

Cyrus slammed the chunk of the road crashing it right onto the guy. He was knocked back of course, no shit he had a part of the ROAD thrown at him

Sage ran in to grab the axe and handed back to him, “you’ll be needing this,” she said.

Adam came up to us as well, “let’s finish this!” he stated while gripping onto a purple spell shield he made and clenching Andrew’s machete fiercely.

“How exactly?” Sage asked. 

“More of the road and your arrows I guess,” I shrugged while keeping my left eye shut.

“Wait,” Zack extended both of his arms out to block us from moving ahead, “There’s still the threat of leftover hordes of infantrymen behind the rocks, AND we have yet to extract any info. Information is humanity’s strongest weapon afterall.” 

“So what then?” I was confused. 

“Draw him out to make him speak.” That’s fucking suicide Zack! Are you insane?

The big dude started to get up, “ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE!? How do we even  know if he has the same type of language translation as Xeno!?” I yelled at Zack, “We’re all going to FUCKING DIE LISTENING TO YOU!!” I shouted and pointed right at his blood-smeared mask. 

“The other Zankoku had it too, Sheila.” Zack started to pace right to me, “At the first encounter when Xeno fought and at the latest battle. There were aliens who had language translators… just like Xeno!” He yelled into my face. 

Sage stood in between us and started to push us from each other, “Please. Stop fighting!” she then meekly suggested, “We can do it… I think, just be careful to be not, y’know… hit.” Sage picked up my right arm, “Y’all saw how Sheila took a single punch from him,” she announced, “And Will a single lightning blast right!?” she pointed at Will, “They flew in the air like paper airplanes!” She flailed her arms around, “But, we’re all here now and we can fight!” 

Cyrus pointed, “No fightin’ among us now cause he’s coming right at us!!!” 

The large guy was sprinting at us full force with his lightning rod charged with another blast. 

“MOVE!” Adam shouted. He tackled Cyrus and I, pushing us to the ground away from the charge. From the tiny glimpse I saw, Zack pushed Sage away as he ducked down. This mission is god damn suicide!

The six of us regrouped then circled around him. We started pacing around the circle slowly while he came back around and just stared at us, “What’s your name? Rank? Power!?” Zack shouted at him first. I can’t believe he’s serious about this! 

“Smart,” Sam said in the voice chat, “y’all are keeping him surrounded and intimidating him so you can buy time for Xeno to come, right?” 

He is very wrong on the plan! “Not exactly,” I relayed to him, “but close enough,” and signed off for a bit. 

“So!? Spill Something!” Adam said next. The motherfucker did nothing but hold his rod with both hands. He suddenly charged his rod with lightning and spun it around all of us. Thankfully, we all managed to dodge the blast. Cyrus who was behind him at the time whacked his back with the hammer, “We were just calmly askin’ for somethin’ Jackass!” knocking him into the ground.

The enemy turned his arm around and shot a blast of lightning at Cyrus but Cyrus strafed to his right and ran around to Sage and I. Adam and Zack were on the other side of the big guy. Sage had her bow drawn and aimed right at where his heart should be

“My name huh?” He opened his mouth to speak, “My name is Arzo, Captain of the fourteen-thousand three o’ nine division, section Phi!”

“Huh? Orzo? Like the fucking pasta!?” Sage said aloud being very confused. 

“What!? NO!!” he shouted like a small child. 

“Now!” Cyrus ran up and kicked him in the stomach quickly. Arzo was toppled and fell to the ground, “that's enough info for your ass!?” 

“No. We should realistically adapt the plan that Sam thought we were doing. Buy time for Xeno.” Zack iNsTrUcTeD. Jesus christ he’s actually trying to kill us! 

“Ugh fine,” Cyrus groaned.The six of us backed away. 

Zack and I perched atop the now broken barricades, “I’m gonna smack the shit out of you for this stupid idea if we get out of this alive,” I whispered to his face. He just shrugged, “You’re making me so pissed right now, y’know that?” I said to his response. 

Zack just shrugged again… Yeah I’m slapping him to hell if we don’t make it out of this!

While I was threatening Zack, Adam was on top of a car and Will was behind the same car. Sage was behind a tree across from us and Cyrus had both arms implanted into the road ready to throw more large rocks. 

“What do we ask next?” I asked in the voice chat.

“How many captains are there in your entire force in Earth’s orbit right now!?” Adam shouted at the big guy. Wow that was actually smart of him!

Orzo, agh I meant Arzo, hehh deep breath. Arzo shook his head as he stood up. He stared right into… no not even my eyes, my damn soul! His hazel-colored eyes peered right into the depths of my own soul and flesh, I’m sure Zack is feeling the same. 

He took a deep breath, “Playtime’s over.” and grinned. Wait… where’s the large cut that Zack made earlier!?

“Zack,” I whispered to him and punched his arm, “which arm did you cut into again!? Because I’m not seeing the cut!” I frustratedly asked!

He pointed with his right hand at the right arm, “What’re you talking about it’s right-... It’s not there anymore. Are you telling me that he regenerated it that quickly!? The blood on my mask is right HERE!” he pointed, with his left hand this time at the stains on his mask, “He actually would have to regenerate it that quickly. Either his magic power is much stronger than ours so he regenerates like reptiles or his alien race just has that natural ability-” he started to ramble for an explanation. 

I looked back down. Cyrus, Will, Sage and Adam were locked in combat with Arzo, “ARE YOU GON’ COME HELP OR NAH!?” Cyrus screamed at us while he built another smaller rock wall to stop lightning. 

Zack was still rambling to himself, he’s clearly lost it! I slapped him in the face, “we have to help them. I’m not going to let us die now from your shit leadership skills!!” I leaped from the barricade and cracked my whip. 

I wrapped my whip around one of his legs and pulled it hard forcing him to the ground on his knees, God Arzo’s still like five or six feet even when kneeling

Adam ran in and kneed him in the torso and slashed his elbows from the top. Lightning chained onto the machete and on his grip, “AURGH!” He inhaled and hissed from the pain. He dropped the Machete and right before he was about to be slammed with the glowing metal stick of death-

Cyrus ran in blocking the attack with his hammer, “You. DON’T! Get to. DO THAT!!” He kept struggling on as Arzo kept holding the metal Shinai down. 

“Not bad kid,” he complimented, “unfortunately,” he suddenly swept Cyrus’s legs with a quick right kick. 

“AHP!” Cyrus dropped to the ground.

“You need to keep your whole body on guard, not just your arms.” Arzo remarked. 

As Cyrus started to pull himself back up, Arzo grabbed his hammer, “surprisingly durable for being made out of scrap from our ships.” How does he even fucking know that!? He remarked while gripping very tightly on the whole head of the hammer in just his palm. A few of us looked super surprised when he said, “Oh don’t think I see your race pulling the debris away in trucks and not dumping them… I may’ve said too much” he realized. 

Cyrus extended his right hand from the ground, “Give… that back-” and went for a punch right at Arzo’ s gut. 

I dashed in and latched my whip onto Arzo’s right arm and pulled it away unguarding his torso for Cyrus to land the punch. 

[BOOM!] 

You could hear the sound of his fist impacting the armor Arzo was wearing. Cyrus pulled his fist back and took a couple of steps back. You could see the little imprint of his fist buried deep into the chestplate. 

“NOW!” Zack shouted from behind me, I ducked and I could see both Adam and Zack slam their axe and machete into Arzo. Somehow even Adam’s machete was coated in lightning. 

“Finishing…” Adam gripped the machete harder and pushed in a bit further, “SLASH!” Zack and him at the same time ripped the axe and machete down almost instantly, generating lots of lightning and forcing Arzo to be launched into the rock walls Cyrus made earlier. 

“ACK!” They both screamed. Their attack launched them back too from the lightning, “that may’ve been… a bit too much lightning,” Adam groaned as he got back up 

“Or we timed it wrong,” Zack declared. 

“It’s not my fault that I’m a rookie!” Adam reasoned ,”Don’t put the blame on me mannn-” 

Arzo’s grip started to clench on the rock wall as he was pulling himself, “Adam you didn’t even finish him like you said you would!” I pointed behind me at Arzo with a bit of a surprised face.

“I just wanted to shout something cool…” he meekly said. 

“It wasn’t even that cool!” Will added on too. Thank you! A good opinion! He drew out his sword, “Are ya done fighting yet!?” he yelled to Arzo.

Arzo’s right arm backed down from the rock, is he done yet? Then a yellow light flashed from under him, he is VERY not done yet! “DUCK!” I shouted dropping to the ground. 

Everyone else did the same and it was a good call. Arzo threw his rod coated in lightning and it came back to him like a boomerang. When we looked back up he stood up yet again holding his rod in his right hand and Cyrus’s hammer in his left, Cyrus taunted, “Keep tryna  fight us again ‘n again and we’ll do that lightnin’ thing… again!” 

Arzo was clenching the hammer from the grip but then flipped it over where he was gripping the head of the hammer, “GRRR!” he shouted a loud growl as he started to clench super strong onto the hammer and some dents and cracks were forming, 

[Crack!] 

Everyone could hear tiny chips of metal giving out and flying away and Cyrus was pissed, like the growls he made back were comparable to a cartoon character about to turn red from sheer anger. 

“AHHHHH!!” He yelled into the sky and started charging right at Arzo.

Adam tried to reach out to him, “Wait! Stop don’t-”

“Let him go, support him from the back by doing that whip thing to hold back the guy and Zack try to do another lightning slash, it's a very effective combo. Sheila, get ready to catch Cyrus if he fails.” Sam stated over the mic, instantly coming up with a shit plan. He’s gonna fucking die!

“Why do I always have to do the dirty work?” I asked. 

“Because I trust you the most to not get hurt,” Sam commented… I don’t know what to say to that, still fuck you for suggesting to throw Cyrus as a decoy! 

“... Alright, fine!” I responded and started running too as Zack was charging up another blast of lightning. 

Cyrus ran ahead, fist raised and full of fury, “AHH!” he kept yelling the whole way.

When he got close enough, Arzo growled back a loud “RAHHH!” and fully crushed the head of Cyrus’s hammer, he then used the grip to whack Cyrus across the head and he flew back into the air. 

Shit! I instantly had to turn to my right and catch Cyrus. I raised my arm out like I was catching a ball being close to the ground, the ball being his head, and the second I did I- “AGH!” I yelped as I fell to the ground. Damn he’s heavier than I thought, I picked myself and him up and started dragging him away.

Zack and Will this time ran in with their weapons charged with lightning, “Don’t mess this one up,” Zack nodded to Will. 

“Of course!” Will smiled. 

Right before they leaped in to slash Arzo, [BOOM!] lots of smoke covered the area!

When the smoke cleared and I could see a faint silhouette, a tall guy with a spear on top- oh! “How have thou been faring without us?” Xeno commented.  

The smoke cleared revealing Xeno AND Andrew landed atop Arzo from who knows where!? Andrew was squatted down handcuffing extra large ones, probably ones he made honestly, to Arzo, “I was running a bit late. Had a bit of help though,” Andrew pointed with his thumb at Xeno. 

0