Chapter 0 – Prologue
95 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue

Issac Moon.
That was my name... At least, in my previous life.
Why did I say 'previous'?
Well, my current situation boils down to one word... Reincarnation.
Yes, it may seem like something fanciful, but I don't blame them for thinking that way, after all, I also had the same thought before my death.
I honestly remember very little about my life as 'Isaac'. The images that appear in my head about that time are blurry and not very detailed.
However, I am still able to recognize some of them.
I was the only child born to a beautiful marriage between a Korean man and an American woman.
My father was a doctor while my mother worked in a large cosmetics company. There was no money to worry about, much less the comforts of home.
Thanks to this, I had a rather pleasant childhood, filled with the affection of my loving parents.
But, not always everything will be rosy...
The day I turned nine, they agreed to take me to the amusement park that I had insisted they go to so much. I've been dying to come since I saw it in a commercial that was on television.
Everything went relatively well when we arrived at the location, however, as we got into the car and headed back home, a truck appeared in the middle of the road and collided with us ferociously.
Due to the powerful crash, I ended up hitting my head on the car door. Then my vision went dark and I didn't wake up for another four days...
The doctors were very careful to tell me about the death of my parents.
The tears that fell from my eyes that day did not stop and my crying did not seem to have a stop, even the next day.
To have lost the two most important people in my life due to a small wish of mine... That was the most painful experience I had and my greatest torment, at least until my death.
Although my young self couldn't think of such things back then, I did know what would happen to him from now on.
He was a little boy only 8 years old who didn't even have any kind of outstanding ability to fall back on. Without a father or a mother to take care of me, where was he going to end up.
The time that I was in the hospital was not very short, but, in my eyes, it was like the countdown of a great bomb that was waiting for the perfect moment to explode.
Although they called my relatives, none of them agreed to take care of me. Some even had the gall to ask if the money my parents left behind would be given to them.
I couldn't help but feel hate when I heard my so-called relatives say that. Were those the people my parents trusted? They were just freeloaders who would only wag their tails if there was money in front of them.
In the end, one of the doctors who took care of me decided that the best thing would be to admit me to the orphanage that had an agreement with the hospital.
I don't know what it would have been like to live with those people who were only interested in money, but, I'm sure that my life in the orphanage was better than anyone can think.
Neither the food nor the bed could be said to be luxurious or quite comfortable. But, the joy and warmth that emanated from that place was something I never dreamed of feeling again.
The little I remember of the years I spent in that place were the smiles of the children and the jokes we played with each other, of course, also the celebrations and the tears when one of our 'brothers' was adopted...
It wasn't until I was 18 that, thanks to my savings and the money my parents left me, I said goodbye to the people at the orphanage and moved into an apartment near the university where I was applying.
There was not much complication in my studies, except for the fact that I slept very little due to my love of reading novels, manga and watching anime.
Yeah, it was what people would consider an otaku... Of course, it wasn't something I cared about whether others found out or not. I gained this hobby weeks after my parents passed away.
One of the children from the orphanage had lent me a few sleeves because he saw me sad and thought this would help me.
Maybe it's an angel, since that kind of help went a long way.
At first I didn't pay much attention to the book, but as I began to flip through the pages, a great feeling of curiosity came over me and I continued reading until the caretaker scolded me for staying up until the wee hours of the morning.
If, as I said before, having lived in that place was a miracle that came at the end of my misfortune...
Well, putting that aside, let's just say my life was smooth and there was nothing to worry about. But, the day I went to the cemetery to visit my parents' graves, a serious accident occurred with the bus I boarded.
In the middle of the road to the cemetery, one of the cars that was on the opposite lane left the lane and hit the bus.
The last thing that came to my eyes was how the flames began to consume the bus and the desperate cry of the people.
Boom*
That was how my life as 'Isaac' came to an end...
However, that was also when a new opportunity presented itself.
I know, it may sound a bit contradictory, but after the accident, my darkened vision became clear again and the smile of a beautiful woman appeared in front of me.
I was quite puzzled about this, wondering if I was dreaming. However, as time progressed, I realized what had happened.
It turns out that as if it were a manga, I went through reincarnation.
Not only that, but I also became the main character in a quite famous manhwa in South Korea, Mercenary Enlistment.
Yu Ijin. A young man who, similar to me, lost his parents when he was nine years old, in a plane crash.
Not only that, but he also lost his memory of him and only remembered his name, being 'adopted' by a group of mercenaries who found him in the rubble.
He was trained by them in an inhuman way, going on life-or-death missions and fighting some pretty dangerous people.
Although it is a part of his other achievements, thanks to this he became the strongest of his entire group, becoming their leader and earning the code name, Code 001...
While it can be quite tragic, that's just the context in which the character is introduced to us as, after ten years, he manages to find what's left of his family...his younger sister and his grandfather.
That is the beginning of the 'true' story of Ijin but, the problem was that at that time I was just a baby and the story raised by the manwha would not take place for another 19 years.
Because of this, I had no choice but to act my age until Ijin's 'story' began to form.
Lucky for me, my new parents were kind and loving people just like in my first life.
There weren't many luxuries, but the warm atmosphere and cheerful bustle kept coming in my new home.
Two years after I was reincarnated, a new member joined our family, my younger sister Yu Dayun.
She is a beautiful baby and in the future she will be quite popular among the boys. However, she will also suffer terrible psychological and physical abuse from two students in her classroom.
Of course, I wasn't going to let that happen, but first I had to do everything possible to avoid the plane crash in which I lost my parents and my memory.
There wasn't much I could do as a child, so I set out to study about the world I now found myself in.
Surprisingly, there were only slight changes to the story and some names that were quite well known in my past life, so there weren't many problems regarding my studies.
Even when I entered elementary school, my knowledge was higher than other children due to my past memories and my teachers were happy with my progress.
Thus, as the years passed and I began to adapt to living as Yu Ijin, I got to celebrate my ninth birthday...
Since that day, my parents had several flights scheduled, however, I was only interested in the ones they took me on.
It wasn't because I didn't care about them, but because the accident only happens when I go on a trip with my parents.
Keeping that in mind, there were a total of 5 trips that we went on and left my sister with Grandpa. The latter, just like in the manhwa, had a nice smile and was very kind to us.
I felt a little relieved to see him, I was quite worried about leaving my little sister alone, but knowing my grandfather's character, all the problems in my head vanished.
However, there was still the fear of getting on the plane...
Have they ever thrown tantrums or scandals so they won't take a flight? Well, that was the decision I made.
Of course, it was embarrassing to cry and scream like a brat, but, I managed to prevent us from traveling together. However, the anxiety was still there.
Even though my parents stopped insisting that we go on a trip again, the feeling of dread was still present in my heart.
I didn't understand why I felt this way, I had managed to prevent myself and my family from taking a flight together for a whole year.
However, karma always comes when one least expects it...
A month before my tenth birthday, my dad was given a vacation trip by his boss. He was pretty excited about this since he didn't get to travel the year before because of me.
Because of this, he quickly tells my mom about the trip his boss gave him and they chat with me to see if I want to go with them.
I'm not going to lie, I was reluctant to go at first, but seeing the tired and concerned faces on my parents' faces, I ended up agreeing to go with them.
My dad also wanted to take Dayun on the trip, but apparently she developed a terrible fear of heights, according to his grandfather, it was when she happened to see a documentary about plane crashes.
My grandfather should be more careful with the documentaries he watches while Dayun stays with him...
Well, in the end, the ones who ended up going on a trip were my parents and I, while again, the grandfather took care of my little sister.
Everything was going well, the expectations about the trip could be seen on our faces, this was only strengthened when we boarded the plane and waited patiently for it to take off.
However, that anxious feeling I had welled up in my heart again. At that moment I had to pay attention to him, unfortunately the plane had already started to take off.
The flight went well at first, but when the night covered the skies, a strong storm arose.
From my window I could see the lightning storm that came along with the storm. The sight was terrifying, but I understood what was happening.
Destiny is not something constant, it is always changing as we make decisions. But, the roots that are created from a point can become unified into a single path.
Now, what would happen if one wanted to change their destiny... Well, the answer is simple, they would only be delaying what will become the future...
That's the same for me, the accident that I wanted so much to avoid ended up happening. Once again, I was not able to save my parents.
Yes, it's quite ironic that this happens to me for the second time and even knowing about that fact, I wasn't able to avoid it completely.
It was something I had no control over and like the original timeline, my memory was lost along with the memories of 'Isaac'.
But, that was not the end of my story, but only the beginning...
***
Incheon International Airport, South Korea.
Inside the vast building, hundreds of people could be seen coming and going, taking flights or arriving from a long trip.
Some of them were happily greeted by their families, while the others hurried out so they could hail a taxi.
Amidst all the bustle, a rather moving scene could be observed.
"Y-You... Y-Are you..."
A rather old man, who was wearing a somewhat formal suit, did not stop trembling as he stared at the person in front of him.
Next to him was a beautiful girl with short hair and brown eyes. Her overall appearance seemed cute and made her look quite pure.
However, she also seemed to have a certain bewilderment as she averted her gaze to where her grandfather was and watched the latter's sudden advance.
With trembling steps, the elderly man slowly approaches the young man who was standing in front of him.
A boy with delicate features and impeccable appearance. His hair is silver-gray, while his hazel eyes contain a certain ferocity. He looked like a celebrity and the elegant suit he wore only made him stand out more from the crowd.
When the rather older man was only a few inches ahead of the young man, he reached up and carefully touched the latter's face.
"You really... you really are alive!"
As if his doubts had dissipated, tears begin to fall from the man's eyes, while he gives the young man a big hug.
"Thank God, thank you for bringing him back..."
...
..
.
(A/N: Well this ended up being pretty long, but I hope you guys liked it.

I had planned to make a chapter of at least 1200 words, but, I was dissatisfied with the result so I ended up posting a new story for our MC, by the way, what did you think of the plot I gave you?

Ahem* Returning to the subject, I sincerely appreciate your opinion, so I hope you liked the story and, above all, that you are interested in knowing more about the story.

By the way, what are the characters that you like the most from anime, manga or novels? They don't necessarily have to be the protagonists, just don't comment on characters that are unrecognizable, you know, those that have letters instead of a face xd.

Lastly, I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate you taking the time to read this fan-fic and I hope you can help me with some things due to my inexperience.

That was it from your beloved author, White Tusk!)

2