Chapter 2 – My name is… Kami-sama
144 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Into the never-ending darkness]

…Where am I? ...

...Why is everything black in this place?

I remember… someone broke into my house and I was attacked, blindfolded and tied to the ground.

Wait I died, didn’t I? Makes sense why everything is black yet I can still see myself clearly in that big screen in front of me.

Wait hold up why is there a big screen in here?

A voice appears from behind saying… “Ah so you finally noticed it, it’s about time you woke up.”

A man appears in front of me.

“Wha!?” startled

I ask the man, “Who are you?”

The man replies saying, “Konnichiwa, Kazuma-kun, you have been here for quite a while now.”

I asked again, “Excuse me but who are you?”

The man replies… “Me? But you already know me so well.”

I replied, “No? I don’t?

The man replies, “It’s simple Kazuma-kun I’m the one who is known as God, also known as Kami-sama.”

WHAT!? Kami-sama? Why? Why are you here?

Kami-sama laughs… “hu hu hu… I’m here to judge you”

I replied… No way, I don’t wanna go to hell… you definitely know about my PC’s history.

Kami-sama laughs again…

“Well since you did die under unexpected circumstances, I’m here to give you a choice.”

“Would you like to be sent into another world? A place full of magic and demons or would you like me to judge you right here and decide whether you go to heaven or hell?”

“The choice is yours but please do remember if you choose option one, your existence from earth would disappear forever, your friends, neighbors and family will forget about you.”

“If you choose option two then your body will be granted a funeral, you will be able to watch over the people you care about from heaven or hell and no one will forget about you.”

It stunned me after what kami-sama said, but I know my answer what I want.

Listen kami-sama I’ve lived my life despising myself and you might already know that my life has always been worthless and, in the end, I died for a worthless reason.

I don’t want to experience something like that once again.

Kami-sama asks, “Oh? I see, does that mean you’re choosing option two?”

Umm… I’m not finished yet…

“Okay then continue.”

I’ve always wished that if I could get hit by a truck and lose all my memories, I would be able to restart my life once again as a better man. I couldn’t forgive myself for not keeping my promises but if choosing another world means my existence will cease forever and I’ll have a second chance to make my life better in a place where no one knowns about me, then I definitely want it.

Kami-sama replies… “I see, very well then go towards the big screen you see in front of yourself, you will find some character creation, skills selection and some other options in front of you, choose whatever you like and once you’re ready, go towards the door at your left which says [START], if you would like any help from me here or in other world please don’t hesitate to ask, by all means I’ll be watching over you.”

[After getting closer to the screen]

“Now then choose your class and skills.”

“And Oh! by the way once you’re in other world you’ll receive some beginner’s equipment and items from me and a gift.”

A gift?

“Yes, something which was either important or very dear to you in your previous world, you’ll be able to take it with you, for most people it’s usually the mobile phone but you see there’s no Wi-Fi or charger in the other world so most people just throw it away after some time in their lives, I wonder what will you get.”

Alright kami-sama I understand.

[After some time]

Alright kami-sama I’ve finished making my character and skills.

“Oh my! finally, it took you so long. Well then let’s have a look at your character then, shall we?

“Interesting… Hmm… I see… so, you want to play without any class?”

Well, I want to try many different weapons and skills, choosing a class limits my choice on weapons and skills but it grants me extremely good passive buffs, so I will sacrifice passive buffs and grind for them by mastering weapons and improving skills.

“Alright, well then let’s see what skills you have chosen.”

[Skill: Almighty Resistance] Grants 30% resistance against all harms.

[Skill: Teleportation] Allows you to teleport to any previously visited location.

[Skill: Heightened Sense] Improves all physical and magic senses by 30%.

[Ultimate Skill: Consume] It allows user to obtain any drop material after devouring anything but has a low success rate of 7% (success rate can be improved by increasing luck), can also be used to on living things to consume, steal stats and obtain skills furthermore if the user does not require consumption, the user can choose to spare or eliminate them and has a success rate of 12%.

“Quite the interesting skills you’ve chosen, it does suit well with the playstyle you’re hoping for.”

“So, tell me Kazuma Rintaro-kun are you ready for your new life in another world?”

I replied… “Yes, I am.”

“Very well then, I wish you best of luck.”

[Proceeds through the “START” door]

3