Chapter 4 – Shadow Wolves
125 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Note from author: Hello dear readers, I hope you’re enjoying this newborn series so far. Those who are wondering how shadow wolf looks like can check out my twitter page once you’ve read the chapter, you can find the link in my bio. Without further ado please enjoy the chapter.)

As I proceed further and further into the dungeon, obtaining more and more materials, I crafted more throwing knives and consumed all magistone to increase my mana pool.

Eventually I encountered several venom spiders on my way, I activated my skill “Heightened sense” to fight them off, I used smoke bombs, throwing knives, and “Consume”.

I repeatedly kept using consume on spiders hoping to steal their stats and skills, and luckily on 7th attempt, I was able to obtain a skill called “Venom spit”, I killed 9 venom spiders and consumed 2 venom spiders. By using “Consume” on dead spiders I obtained 3x Spider silk, 5x Web strings and 2x Poison fangs.

I realized that if I had used divine blessing, I might have obtained more.

But then again, I’m still at first floor of this dungeon.

God this feels more like dungeon break situation rather than an adventure in a magical world.

I wonder if there are elven beauties in this world,

Elf… (mind filled with perverted thoughts of sexy female elves)…Elf.

I snapped myself back to reality before my nose could bleed.

Proceeding further I encountered a group of slimes and funnily enough the knives and pebbles did not work on them, I used heightened sense to avoid their attacks and kept using “Venom spit” while running and dodging.

It poisoned the slime, gradually weakening them to the point they become unable to move any further, then I used “Consume” on them while they were still alive, eventually I ended up obtaining a skill called “Danger sense”.

Proceeding further…

I now only have left 4x smoke bombs, 4x throwing knives and no pebbles left.

Let’s explore more and find some more iron ores.

8x mana potions now left, I began my search for materials and resources.

Current Health: 180/220
Current Mana: 410/660
Current Stamina: 98/150

[A short amount of time had passed]

While consuming magic crystals, my “Danger sense” was activated while I could not see anything present around me at all.

A new entry was written in encyclopedia saying “Shadow wolf” with its description saying “A Canine beast who only lurks in the darkest of places. It’s a type of wolf that is good at stealth, when they attack in a pack they’re physically faster and stronger especially in dark places or at nighttime. When their pack attacks with a leader they can turn invisible. Furthermore, if it has three tails it signifies that the two of their kind are hiding inside in one’s shadow.”

In an instance I activated heightened sense, I sensed two fast presences approaching from behind. I rolled over to the other side and used smoke bomb and divine blessings, I knew using smoke bomb would be good for blinding the wolves but who would’ve guessed their sense of smell would still find me.

As the smoke begin to fade, their stealth skill wore off and I could clearly see each and every wolf and their leader.

As I kept dodging their attacks using heightened sense, my stamina begin to deplete quicker and quicker, I wasted all my throwing knives by attacking senselessly and the wolves were always fast enough to dodge “Venom Spit”.

I feared that I might run out of all mana potions and smoke bombs in this fight, while the leader of wolves was just standing watching me and doing nothing, as if I was his entertainment.

I did not want to think of the worst outcome so early and so soon, so instead I chose to flee.

I dropped a smoke bomb and then begun running in the direction where I was coming from, and kept dropping the remaining smoke bombs on my way.

Ignorant I was, I forgot that this dungeon had no entrance and once I again I found myself in a dead end but now surrounded by wolves.

Who would’ve thought I would die like this once again before my story could even begin.

I wanted to keep that phoenix feather save, until I reached the 100th floor but who would’ve thought it would be wasted like this while the wolves’ munches on my flesh.

If I’m going to die once again worthlessly, I won’t go down without a fight this time.

[With a roar he shouted]

COME AT ME BEASTS!!!!

I do not know what this ring will do but if this is my final moment then there is no need to be hesitant anymore.

[Alert: You’ve equipped the ring of will]

I put my final efforts dodging their attacks.

Health:49/220
Mana: 28/660
Stamina: 17/150

Heavily wounded, I began losing my consciousness due to blood loss.

[Alert: This ring cannot be removed anymore]

And then finally, their leader begin making his move, as he moves forward to strike the final blow.

Lying on the floor once again…

Consciousness beginning to fade once again…

And once again he spoke his last words…

“I wish I had cheats”

[Alert: Your gift is now usable]

[Alert: You have received cheat menu from your previous world]

[Alert: You can now use cheat menu from player’s menu]

Kazuma Rintaro
Health: 1/220
Mana: 11/660
Stamina: 1/150

4