Chapter 8 – [Battle of worthless] 21-Year-old shut-in Vs 21,000-Year-old shut-in (Part 2)
70 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A never-ending exchange of blows)

(A never-ending clash of blades)

(A never-ending collision of magic and spells)

[A fight that hasn’t been stopped in for days still continues without a rest]

“Why won’t you die!?”

Huh!? Says the girl who has been fighting for 10 days without a sweat.

“Shut up! you abomination.”

I told you 100 times already, my name is Kazuma. Stop with the unpleasantries.

And I’m friendly and human, not an abomination.

I’m keep telling you that all I want is to leave this shitty place.

“SHUT UP!”

(How is she so strong I’ve casted consume 40 times now, yet she’s still so strong. I guess she really mean it when she said she’s 21,000 years old. But damn man I don’t understand why she chose to lock herself like this, while she could’ve enslaved the entire world with her power).

While attacking her with the flurry of “Wind slash” I asked her a question.

So, my lady, why have you been locked up in this place for 21,000 years?

Surely you didn’t just do it for training, after all you’re still inside a castle which now looks like a dungeon.

“SHUT UP!!!”

(The short-tempered queen became so enraged as if I hit a nerve).

So, let me guess, you killed off your daddy because you wanted to play queen?

“I SAID SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

(A punch came right at my gut flying me off once again)

“DON’T TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU DO NOT KNOW OFF”

(And once again I found myself in a situation where she sits on top of me and began her barrage of punches)

“What do you know about sacrifice, what do you know about family!?” Punches

“My father was noble man, who united the demon realm and every kind.”

“He was the true monarch.” Speed of punches decreased

“But he sacrificed himself to protect me, when the other demon lords perpetrated to rebel against him.” Punches stopped

She began crying as she says “If I was only strong, if I wasn’t that much of a burden, he wouldn’t had sacrificed himself for me. If only I wasn’t worthless enough.”

“After his death, the ring of monarch did not choose me as next ruler yet demon nobles insisted on making me the next demon queen, but I was useless as the kingdom began crumbling, I couldn’t keep up with my royal duties, and nobles begun joining other demon lords and the balance begin to fade, the peace between mortals and demons came to a null, as the demon spread chaos into human world.”

“I lost everything, my family, my friends, my kingdom, my people.”

“They all left me, until I was here all alone locked up”

“If only I wasn’t useless, if only I wasn’t worthless.”

“You’re right, you have purpose in life, don’t you? That is why you want to leave this place. Perhaps I wanted to avoid the reality that is why I locked up myself for 21,000 years old training just to redeem myself.”

“The time outside must have changed.”

“Kill me mortal and leave this place, I have no more purpose in life.”

Sheesh, why won’t you ever call me by my name… it’s Kazuma, Kah-zoo-maa…

I don’t know things I was killing outside of this place, but nobody ever left you.

“How would you know!?”

To them, you were still the queen of your kingdom that is why they never left you.

If you don’t believe me, see for yourself.

[Alert: You have invited demon queen Isabell to join the telepathy network]

[Alert: You have activated Necromancy skill: Summon]

[You have summoned all the contracted beings]

And willingly my army chose to bow to the queen of demons.

“My queen we are your loyal servant, forgive us for our shadowed forms we have always protected this kingdom even after our death’s we never abandoned our will and faith to serve you” said Nuzma’h.

“Your majesty forgive us for our shadowed forms, but we’re Claire, Risalette, Lisanna and Fiona, We were once your friends, we used to hang out in Palace’s gardens having tea parties. After the rebellion we stayed in the palace learning the art of battle and assassination to protect you and this kingdom.” said dancing dolls.

“Your majesty I was the kingdom’s wisest advisor Zachr’in,” said undead sage.

So, tell me miss demon queen, did you live those 21,000 under a misunderstanding or under ignorance?

Quite unfitting of a demon queen, wouldn’t you agree Kaiser? Kaiser nods in yes

Note from author: (Kaiser aka slumbering wyvern of abyss was renamed after making a contract with Kaz).

“Your majesty, forgive me for my tone but you may not have noticed, but we now serve Kazuma-sama as he bested us out in combat, and as the ring of monarch has chosen him.” Said nuzma’h.

Demon queen replies… “What!? My father’s ring has chosen him!?”

Wait what? I have her father’s ring?

You mean this ring? But this ring doesn’t even have any kind of description.

It’s called ring of will not ring of monarch.

“My lord allow me to speak.” Said nuzma’h.

“Although I do not know the true power of our king’s ring, but it has power to submit even the mightiest of foes, the ring you have looks identical to our king’s and when you defeated me in a single hit, I lost all my might, our souls aren’t easy to be contracted through necromancy but we had to submit because the ring forced us, but we also chose to serve you willingly after seeing you wearing our king’s ring because you were chosen as worthy.

(Eh… isn’t that because I had instant kill activated? Ah nevermind I’m not sure myself I need more information on this, but first).

So, miss demon queen tell me, do you want me to kill you? Despite you have been beating me around so much, I think you do know that I’m stronger than you, because I could feel it, you were enjoying the time fighting with me, weren’t you?

“Huh!” Blushes “No I wasn’t… you got it wrong.”

Then why are you so flustered?

“Stop… Stop it you dumb mortal.”

So, hey I’ll ask you one more time, do you want to leave this place? Together with me?

“But what will I do outside? I don’t have any purpose at all…”

Flicks her head

Who said you need a purpose to enjoy your life, you just need moments where you can take it easy and smile, have faith in people who have faith in you, rely on people who cares about you.

If you still want a purpose, a friend, a companion someone who will take your burden, stay loyal to you and fulfill your dreams, then by all means.

Be my wife.

“Huh…?”

[Alert: You have completed the dungeon]

“Wait hold up! Flustered… Your wife, no it can’t be… d…does that mean marriage?” blushing…

But I can’t leave this place, I made a vow never to open doors of this place.

[You can now leave through the portal]

(I felt as if player’s menu was smirking, when notification appeared).

[A portal opens]

What are you waiting for? You made a vow, right? Then hurry up let’s go through here.

5