Chapter 4 : The City of Beginners and Dangerous Rabbit
182 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Apparently, I woke up in a room. An unknown room that looks simple and shabby. Wooden walls, extinguished lanterns, and dusty tables and chairs.

The bed was also very uncomfortable. Hard and rough, like unleavened bread.

I walked towards the only wooden door that might lead to the outside.

Checking the conditions and situation, it turned out that I was in the cheapest inn. Given the young uncle's previous explanation, it seemed that all players would definitely be sent to a simple inn in the chosen starting city.

The first day's room will be free, but on other days the payment is borne by the player.

As the easiest safe zone, players are more easily dependent on lodging.

I remember the material that young uncle taught me.

That players must have their own safe zone to serve as a respawn point. Whether it respawns at login or respawns upon death, the respawn point will be in the registered safe zone.

In addition to lodging, a safe zone can also be obtained by building a house in a certain barrier-free area. A certain barrier-free area  is an area that is relatively safe from monster attacks, such as in a city or in a place where there are definitely no dangerous monsters.

But building a house is more difficult and more expensive than just paying the rent.

Most players prefer to choose the inn over the house itself.

Coming out of the room, I was greeted by a narrow passage that led directly to the stairs leading to the lower hall.

Paying no heed to the surroundings, I rushed out of the inn building.

“Fuuuu~….. haaaa~……”

Coming out of the inn building, I was greeted by a strange and dirty air.

Well, this is air which is the result of a mixture of things. Dust, rotten fruit smell, meat smell, dirt, and so on.

 

What I saw then was a cityscape that looked familiar to medieval people.

Well, I'm modern society, so I'm not familiar with this scene.

A wooden house with a rocky foundation, as well as an uncemented road.

Then, far enough out of sight, stood the largest house of all. There's a chance, it's the mayor's house.

The fashion style of the people also comes from the classical European era. Which, between the rich and ordinary people has a fairly obvious difference.

As the saying goes, luxurious for nobles and simple for commoners. That's how they are.

However, especially for adventurers and city guards, they were equipped with iron vests or robes for magicians.

Such is the fantasy world of medieval Europe.

 

 

I wonder where the way out is.

Seeing my feet, I wanted to run immediately.

The sensation of having a pair of legs really piqued interest in running.

If you're making fun of me for acting like a child, I don't mind. I'm still a child after all. It's natural for them to want to actively run around in a new place.

Most kids are like that, right?

I just want to run, explore the whole world with my feet.

 

To get out of town, there is an option to ask for directions to the exit. But I didn't.

For some reason, ever since I was a child, I couldn't interact with anyone else, except for mom and father. Because of that, I often stay quiet when I'm with other people.

If not asked, I will be silent. But if someone invites me to talk, I prefer to listen.

Like the previous interactions with the doctor and young uncle, I will only give simple reactions like a small nod when asked.

Maybe because of my habit, I'm only active when I'm with mom and father.

Right now, I don't have the courage to ask. So I chose to use my feet to find the exit myself.

 

 

Relying solely on intuition, I chose to walk the path that lay before me.

Ignoring the surroundings, I continued to run straight until the end of the road.

I just thought that a city must have limits, so as long as I move straight, I will definitely head towards the city limits soon. 

And by following that path, it will surely be connected with the exit gate.

It's just simple logic.

 

 

I, who was still wearing beginner clothes and gear, wanted to level up immediately.

Even if only armed with a beginner sword with [STR +1], it would be enough for me.

I don't want to interact, so I want to experience as little buying and selling interactions as possible.

 

After a while, as I expected, I managed to find a gate to get out of the city.

There were two guards who seemed busy guarding the people who entered the city.

It's not like getting into the city. Getting out of the city is freedom, without a doubt I stepped outside.

 

“Very crowded, better go to a quiet place.”

 

With that, I ran back to find a quiet place.

 

“Allie, healing, hurry!”

"Well! [Heal!]”

“Gavon, distract the rabbit for a second!”

"Ready!"

 

Past the edge of the forest, there were also several groups that seemed to be busy. At a glance, they were beating some horned rabbit.

Be it NPCs or Players, they all didn't look much different. Perhaps the difference is hunting spirit.

 

 

Indeed, in this game NPCs are made similar to humans. Because they are clearly high quality AI, it allows them to behave like humans to choose what is right and what is not.

So they can think for themselves.

 

If the NPC is a native. Then they were people who were used to this world, there was no way they were too excited just to hunt the rabbits that were around the city.

Only players would jump for joy at such a thing.

 

Ignore those who are very excited. I kept running sideways.

I went to pick a place that was definitely quiet and had to be so quiet that there was hardly anyone else around.

That way I can calmly level up.

 

I'm not sure where this is, but at first I just ran sideways towards the northeast. Combing the edge of the forest.

Until I arrived at a grass area.

The vast expanse of prairie for the virtual world is very impressive, looks very real.

Amazingly, this expanse of meadow looks as if it had never been cared for or mowed so that almost all of the grass is knee-deep. Some even touched my waist.

 

Looking around, I'm sure there's no one here anymore.

 

Heaving a sigh of relief, I again became aware of the conditions around me.

 

*srek-srek*

 

A rustling sound came.

 

Turning 134 degrees, I saw a white shadow with long ears on top of its head, very much like a rabbit.

 

Wait, it's a rabbit.

Only, it has horns on its forehead.

Call it the horned rabbit.

 

Then, without warning tha rabbit jumped at me. Even though we are still holding a distance of more than five meters. But the horned rabbit had already made jump quickly. Like a missile fired. Its height can even reach two meters.

I, who was taken aback by the horned rabbit's swift attack, barely had time to dodge. It's just that, after all SP is spent on AGI, I can react faster.

 

Even though I managed to dodge, but the evasion was too reckless. As a result I lost my balance and fell about two meters.

And what would happen if all my stats were zero except my excessive agility. 

It's not balanced.

For some reason, at times like this, I even remember mom's advice to always eat a balanced diet.

But now I'm even careless in allocating SP unequally.

The result of this is clear.

I, with great agility, fell with great momentum. And without sufficient endurance. I hit the ground hard.

Ouch!

The result was certain, I died from lack of endurance.

.........

......

...

 

"Ughh..."

 

I'm like a fool who died just from tripping. I want to lock myself in my room if it continues like this.

 

Ahh, am I wrong?

 

Maybe it would be better if I equalized those Status Points first.

 

But now it's too late.

 

Maybe the lack of knowledge in RPG games is the cause. I have to admit that most of the time I've spent so far has been focused on running training. So there is never time for me to manage any game.

 

So this is the first time.

 

After reconsidering whether I should repeat or not. I chose no.

I will stay like this while trying to control my speed.

To level up, right now I'll try to rely solely on speed. I'm sure if I get used to this speed, I can fight with speed.

After leveling up, only then will I break the stat egg which is still 0.

Since leveling up will give 5 SP, I need to go up to level 8 to break all eggs to 10.

After that, the SP allocation will be equalized.

That's my current plan.

.........

......

...

After two hours I was revived back in the inn room.

 

“Wait for my revenge little bunny...”

 

I got up from the bed and shouted my frustration at the rabbit.

Just by shouting like this, it calms down a bit. It would be a shame if there were people, but right now I'm alone. So I'm free.

Now, all rabbits are enemies of the world.

They must be eliminated.

Just wait for my revenge.

Hahahahaha......

 

Fortunately, players who were still under level five did not get the death penalty. So I still haven't lost anything.

Coming out of the inn, I ran again to the meadow earlier.

This time I also need to get used to the speed. So as not to slip suddenly.

Arriving at the meadow, I again found one rabbit.

 

"You! How dare you embarrass me! I will avenge me before!"

 

I tried to scream with the knife raised. It's fun, like when I played a drama with dad.

Luckily no one saw.

The rabbit approached and I too took a stance.

 

I've never fought before, but I have to act.

Armed with a beginner knife, I held it in front of my chest with both hands.

 

I'm nervous because this is my first fight, or maybe my second?

But because of the desire for revenge, I want to make a barbecue bunny later.

So I need to be able to shake off this nervousness and make up my mind.

 

I remained silent, staring at the rabbit and it seemed like the rabbit was also looking at me. I gulped and sweat dripped from my forehead.

A second later, the rabbit immediately jumped at me.

 

"Kyaaaaa,............!!!"

 

I with my eyes closed hesitating, I pointed the knife straight ahead. Without knowing whether it could hit the rabbit or not.

Honestly, this is a desperate attack.

 

But unbeknownst to me, the high agility effect provides much greater speed than the rabbit. As a result, the speed of the blade has greater momentum.

Plus this was something Chia had yet to learn. The horned rabbit basically just attacks straight ahead with its jumps. And the direction of the rabbit's attack was clearly around Chia's chest.

So it is right between the momentum of the blade and the momentum of the rabbit.

Both take the same trajectory.

And the result is clear...

 

*crack*

 

There was a cracking sound.

As a result of the impact, my novice sword apparently stabbed into the rabbit's forehead and it pierced straight into its brain.

Obviously this will be a Critical Hit for the bunny.

Without question, the rabbit faded into light, died, and left an item drop for me.

 

I know that I won, so I should be happy, but...

 

“Aaaaa, my hand, hurts……”

 

I who had DEX 0 STR 0 VIT 0 also ended up getting injured because my hands were unable to withstand the momentum of the blade. So that my own hand slipped and slightly hit the knife. Moreover, my hand was also slightly pierced by the rabbit's horn before disappearing. Double damage done to me.

As a result, my palms bleed.

Even though the blood had been replaced with beads of light so as not to be horrified, the pain was still there.

 

Luckily, I'm still alive even though I have 1 HP left. If I die, I will be ashamed of myself that I was killed a second time by a rabbit.

 

[Your level went up +1]

 

Ah, this announcement can relieve my annoyance at once.

I am happy for my first level up.

Although stressful, the results are enjoyable.

I will do the SP allocation later.

For now I will log out.

I've also saved the rabbit drop items to my inventory, namely rabbit meat and 1 gold coin.

 

That's enough for now, bye Aldea.

Support me on ko-fi.

7