Chapter 4
157 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 


 

Chapter 4

 


I walked down the road with only shops on the right and a river stream to my left. There were only streetlights greeting me at every interval.

Countless memories of this boy's own life resurfaced and assaulted me. 

It had duly started to get stronger and stronger. I felt like my conscience starting to get overwritten.

I had to find a place in his memories to make my presence absolute.

With the method, I remember teaching the inepts in those days. I was tasked to teach them the techniques of the psychology of the human psyche. In a course on how to brainwash your enemy.


 

 

 


(PAST)

"After getting captured, if you want to make an enemy think you are telling the truth, you will have to know you are telling the truth."

"Even when you are tortured?"

"You see, when you are being tortured, you must already know that you are dead. The next question is, do you want to save those who can die because of you? You can't live in a fairy tale thinking you will be saved."

"YES, SIR!"

"In psychology, you have heard of false memories, which are prevalent in today's world, don't you."

"False memories?"

"What if I tell you how to actually do that to yourself. Sorry but you can come in now, Professor. You see, in a spy's life, some individuals are essential. Among those are the ones who will be your loyal friend and companion - who can save you. This Professor here is a long-time friend of mine. What's more, he loves my profession. See, a great find, right!"

"Yeaaaahhh..."

*slaps the Professor's back."

"Hahaha, but yeah, he saved me many times. We are not lions. Rather foxes. We have to be really sketchy about our actions. Enough to doubt our own memories and even believe in them. Use every tool you have. Please, my dear friend, if you will."

"Haaa~ah, I wanted to research more, you know..."

"Today's dinner is on me. I have booked our seats in that well-known Kyabakura."

[Note: Kyabakura = Hostess bar; bar with female companions for male customers​ *Jisho.org]


 

........

 

 

 


"LISTEN CAREFULLY, MAGGOTS. TO UNDERSTAND THE OBSCURITIES OF THE MIND, YOU NEED TO KNOW SCIENCE AND BIOLOGY PERFECTLY! WHO OF YOU ALL ARE ADEPTS IN SCIENCE."

*silence

---No one raises a hand.

"...---have you never even read them?"

Some hands raised.

 


 

 

 


"---- (*silently to the spy) -- these are real maggots. The previous batch was better."

"---- (*silently responding) -- well, they don't even think this as a real spy class."

"(*silently) What will happen to them, I wonder..."

"(*silently) Well, like many, they will die in their first mission. We must ensure they don't leak any information, though."


 

 


*sighs…

"Listen carefully, the creation of false memories rests on 3 factors first one is--------"


 

 


(PRESENT)

 


*In mind

The creation of the said memory, The pictorial representation of that memory, and lastly, the emotional attachment or bonding with that memory.

 


However, the problem was how to make the memory so sure as to not allow this kid to think it was false. After all, he is a prodigy.

 


 

I need to ascertain his memories. I need a calm place to stay to meditate upon his memories and find a weak link. a link where my conscience can stay with my memories…

I was still moving along the road for some time now, but no one was near.

It was already late at night. This was rather normal. Unless there is an emergency…


 

 

 

 


I continued walking, looking at the map and turning my way to the road leading to the red-light street.

I could see lights still on in a few shops. I started to stumble on my legs while walking. And crossing a few steps, dropped in exhaustion.

With my closed eyes, I could hear people running toward me, obviously disturbed and perplexed. I went on to sleep for a while as a muscular man carried me into one of the shops.


 

 

 

 

 


"---Ok... So all my money's gone."

Waking up, I could see myself in a separate room, dressed in different clothes and even washed clean.

I am glad I put some minor cuts with the knife with those thugs ... well I got a room for the night at least.

I took off the pillow under me and rested my head on the ground as I deliberately dived into the boy's memories...

The body and head jerked as I dived more profoundly and deeper.

Memories of his school life, his lovely sisters Yosora and Miharu. His friends, his scores, his intelligence, scholarships.

He even had his Fanclub... this guy was nuts…

Girls fawned over him… well, he has his future set. I wonder if I would also have gone the same line if my upbringing was good and not in slums… I was good at my studies as well. But, my whole carrier depended on how well I did.

It was always a do-or-die for me. I could get killed. I would have been left in the mines and worked till death if I was useless.

It was not peaceful for me. 

However, I need to search. A vulnerable place. A memory that can include my presence without much hesitance. And through that, my very identity was established and preserved. The very way to make myself still living in this body even if it gets overtaken by this boy's conscience.

 


 

 

 

 


I continued looking at his memories, walking past countless heartbreaks and happiness. Confessions and ... ---a part darkened black as I continued. 

It appeared like a void. Something hideous...

A past deliberately put to a close.

A history that was forgotten.

Or perhaps made to forget.


 

 

 


As I forced open it. I got blasted open with a new story, a new set of memories. A mysterious past. Which somehow has a gap with his present memories...

It was still indeed the story of Eita. However, a completely different one.

 

 


 

 

 


Not that same Kinguin Eita…

But rather someone called Aizawa Eita.


 

END OF CHAPTER

 


 

5