Chapter 1: Meeting the Jin
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Years 2025. 

 

 Alex has just started his college life. He always wanted to live a normal. Unfortunately faith seems to have a different opinion for him.

 

The economy was not going well at all. His father has lost everything That he has built in the last 15 years in the recession followed by the Russia Ukraine war. Fortunately for Alex  he has got himself a full scholarship.so in a way he doesn't have to worry about his  undergraduate degree. 

 

It's been one week since he started working at Mr.Sams Super shop.People say Mr.Sam is weird.Some even say he is some kind of cult leader but for Alex Mr.Sam seems to be a normal person. Even if he is some kind of weird cult leader it did not seem to catch Alex eyes.

 

Mr.Sam was always kind towards Alex even motivating him to do well in his study.

 

It was 11pm. After a long days of work Alex was returning home from his work. The bus number 17 was the only way for him to return to his home. He sat beside a window in the bus. Alex always liked to draw in the glass of the window that was covered in fog. Thanks to Mr. Sams paying Alex more than minimum wage he can now take care his living expense easily rather than asking for help from his father. It is not like his father won't help him.He just did not want to burden his poor father by asking for any kind of money.

 

He was about to connect his head phone to his smartphone. Listening to some kind of classic music always ease his mind.When all of a sudden he saw two bright light coming towards him. Well maybe not exactly towards him but certainly it is coming towards the bus.

 

“Fucking he…”Alex said as the truck hits the bus.

 

Alex wake up in a room that seems to go on for infinity. He does not know how long he has been there.

“Wait a minute, am I dead?” Alex huffed.

 

“If I am dead what is the requirements for for going to heaven? i seem to be in a white room with no ending or even any walls. Maybe I am in a waiting list for heaven?” Alex gasped

 

“Hello” a person with  long hands and legs with the body fully covered in furs appeared from behind.

 

Alex moved his head to see the source of the sound

 

“Waitttttttt.” Alex shouted.

 

“First of all,just tell me if I am going to heaven? Also if I am not going to heaven, I have to say your requirements for going to heaven is very high.”

 

“Ahh,that’s rude!I atleast I hoped you would ask me my name. Anyway my name is Murad. If you did not figured out already, I am a jin”

“Jin! Like the jinnie from the Aladdin” Alex said.

 

“More or less the same.” the jin smiled and said.

 

“So Mr.Jinnie how can I help you or it’s the other way around? How will you help me?”

 

“First of all I would be happy if you talk with me with my given name Murad. Rather than saying jinnie this or jinnie that”

 

Then Murad gives a smiled that would make everyone’s heart race.

 

“To get something you have to give up something”

 

“Nope”

 

“Nope! What do you mean by no. You did not even asked me for anything”

 

“Well I have seen enough horror movie to know, you just do not make a deal with the devil”

 

Murad smirked as he said “Not even for your family?”

 

“What about my family” Alex said.

 

“Well as the things stands now you will die without my help. Think about the sorrow it will cause your father & mother. Losing their only child in a car accident. Think about how much pain your mother will be in after she hears the news of your death”

 

Alex could not think of anything worse than seeing water in his mothers eyes.

 

He has to take the deal. Otherwise he will die. Dying like this wasn’t a option for him. Not after working so hard to make a good position for himself.

 

“Ahhhh, let me help you with your decision” Murad said as he raised his hand and and beamed a black light.

 

Suddenly Alex body was full of pain

 

“What is happening to my body?” Alex shouted as his whole body was full of pain.

 

“This my friend is the pain of death. You are dying Alex and without my help you don’t have much time left.

 

“Ok, Mr.Murad in exchange for my life. What is your demand?” Alex shouted as the pain was becoming unbearable.

 

Murad smiled with more intensity this time and replied ”Your soul for 7 years. I will follow you wherever you go. I will be with you and you will be with me. You can do whatever you want ,you can lead your life however you want. I just want to be with you in every step of the way for 7 years.”

 

“That’s it! I thought you would need me to sacrifice someone or you would need to drink my life or atleast something similar .”Alex said.

 

Murad now gives a loud laugh” oh, it's much more complicated than that. So do we have a deal?”

 

Alex frowned and said ”yes we have a deal.”

 

Murad face became serious. His whole body started to dissolve into black smock. As those black smoke started to enter into Alex body. He started to feel sleepy. Ultimately Alex closed his eyes.

 

When alex woke up ,he was sleeping a mark with the decoration of a star shape, also some weird sign into the star.

 

As Alex came to his senses, he saw Mr.Sam was standing before him.

 

“Mr.Sam!” Alex said with a surprise look in his face.

 

“Oh Alex, you are ok. You don’t have any idea how worried I was about you.”

 

Year 1258, Baghdad.

Kashem & Kabir was one of the few people, who survived the massacre committed by the mongols. Both brother were hiding in a hole that was created to hide the family fortune but when both brother was locked up in the hole there was no fortune their father cold leave for them. As the family business has gone down with all of the family fortune . After sven days locked up in the small hole with no place to move two brother was begging for the chance to see the light of the day but the screams from the outside didn’t seems to stop. After seven days everything was peaceful no sound of constant horror. Kashem knew there wasn’t anybody left to scream.

 

Kashem started to think himself “ how long a person can go without food?” He read a story where a person stuck in a room survived 11 days

 

”Can he survive 11 days? More importantly can his little brother survive 11 days?”

 

“Kshem see with horror as his little brothers body has turned into skeleton, as the meat of the body is dry & white.”

 

He remembered the day when Kabir was first born. He was so small and fragile back then. As his mother was dying from the child birth. She asked both father and son to take care of Kabir before her death.

 

“Theres no time” Kashem thought as he was getting out of the hole that both brother made home for 7 days.

 

As Kashem was getting out of the hole he saw the dead body of his father, laying flat with no movement. He hide his little brothers eyes with his hand. Trying to save him from the horror that lie before them.

 

Their house was burned. Nothing was left that was worthy of any money.

Hungry, he was so hungry

Both brother begged for some food from the few surviving residence but why would they help him? In this situation nobody had the food to survive themselves, let alone help others.

Kabir was running out of time nevertheless what he can even do?

All of a sudden an old man with white hair approach them.

 

“Hello kids,both of you look pale. Can I help you in any ways?”

 

“Food”

 

“What?” the old man said.

 

“Do you have any food?” Kashem asked.

 

“Ahh,sorry kid, I don’t have any food”

 

Kashem was about to cry when suddenly the old man said, ”but there is some way where I can arrange some food for both of you.”

 

Kashem face light up with joy.

 

The old man gave Kashem a book made of animal flesh, a map of the city and a small dark red bottle.

 

“Here kid take it.”

 

Kashem took the book,the map & the bottle with eagerness.

 

“Now I want you to go to the place with the cross mark in the map. After you go there draw the sign that is given at the books front cover. Make sure you don’t make any kind of mistake. After you have done that stand at the middle of the sign and pour the liquid inside the bottle.”

 

“That’s it!”Kashem said.

 

“Yes that’s it”

 

Kashem took the bottle and started to run as fast as he can with his physically weak brother.

 

It could all be a hoax but Kashem was out of any option. Atleast he has to try to the end.

 

Kashem quickly reached to the house that was cross marked in the map. He quickly opened the door but there was nobody. The house was so dark that it was hard to see anything.

 

Kashem quickly closed the door. He took a deep breath and started drawing the mark on the book. As Kashem was drawing the mark Kabir sat down into the floor and started to watch Kashem with curiosity.

 

After completing the drawing Kashem took the small bottle into his hand from his pocket. As  he opened the mouth of the bottle a disgusting smell started fill up the whole room. Even so Kashem started pouring red coloured liquid into the sign. Suddenly a bright white light fill up the whole room.

 

Kashem was definitely not into the old mans house anymore. He was in a room  with white light everywhere. Kashem frowned as he could not see his little brother anywhere.

 

“Hello” suddenly a person with  long hands and legs with the body fully covered in furs appeared from behind.

 

0