Chapter 4 – Meditating on the Past
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liang Dong pointed at Qi Shuzhi with a tangled face, "You, you, you...You like Shunying too?"

"Hah?" Qi Shuzhi was startled and waved his hands frantically, "No, no, don't get me wrong, I... I just think Miss Zhang is a very good person. I admire her character very much, so I hope she can marry a good husband."

"That's good." Liang Dong breathed a sigh of relief and patted his own chest and said, "You scared me. I thought you also like Shunying."

Qi Shuzhi's face darkened a bit and said, "You're thinking nonsense. Don't say such things again in the future. It's not good for Miss Zhang's reputation."

"It's your words that are too easy to make people misunderstand." Liang Dong said in fear: "You are doing this with good intentions, but you are not afraid that the responsibility will be placed on you, will your father blame you?"

"It's okay." Qi Shuzhi said calmly, "Dad, he's used to it."

Liang Dong: "..."

At this time, the coachman picked up firewood and came back to make a fire, and the conversation between them ended. Qi Shuzhi looked at the flame, thinking about something in his heart. He didn't lie to Liang Dong just now, he did intend to take the matter on himself. Because he knew that none of them could take on this responsibility except himself, and he also knew that his father would not really treat him badly.

When he first became Qi Shuzhi, his mind was not very clear. Later, the original body's memory emerged in Qi Shuzhi's mind little by little, and then he realized that Qi Shuzhi was not a natural playboy. He was just very unhappy, so he didn't want to make others happy.

The current Grand Prince's wife, Yang, is not Qi Yuan's first wife, his first wife is Qi Shuzhi's birth mother. Thirteen years ago, Qi Shuzhi's mother, Madam Lu, was pregnant with Qi Shuzhi. When she was about to give birth, there was an emergency military situation at the border. Qi Yuan didn't have time to say anything and went to the border.

It's been three years since Lu Shi gave birth to Qi Shuzhi, and she died in childbirth, leaving only Qi Shuzhi as a newborn baby with no father or mother. He grew up to three years old with the support of the concubine, Liu Shi, and he was pitiful that he did not have a name until he was three years old. When Qi Yuan came back, the stubborn character of his son had already developed.

He was stubborn and didn't get close to Qi Yuan, and Qi Yuan married his second wife Yang not long after, so Qi Shuzhi's grudge against his father turned into hatred. He felt that Qi Yuan killed her mother, and that it was Yang who took his mother's position.

Growing up in such an environment with hatred and lack of love, he learned to fight against his father at a young age. Qi Yuan asked him to study hard, and he would drive the Master out. Qi Yuan asked him to learn martial arts, and he would injure himself. Over time, Qi Yuan has nothing to do with this son, and he is still ashamed of this son, so as long as he doesn't make any unforgivable mistakes, Qi Yuan will let him be.

The reason why Qi Shuzhi dared to be so fearless is because he knew that even if he did commit these wrongdoings, Qi Yuan would at most punish him by kneeling in the ancestral hall and nothing else.

The fire was burning in front of his chest, making people feel warm. Tang Lizhi's shouting voice awakened Qi Shuzhi from his thoughts, "Come here! Brother Qi, your father has sent someone to pick you up!"

Qi Shuzhi raised his head, Liang Dong on the side suddenly said: "Brother Qi, I feel indebted to be your brother."

Qi Shuzhi turned to look at him, but saw him looking down at the bonfire, as if the person who just spoke was not him.

Qi Shuzhi knew that although Liang Dong usually called them brothers, he was actually very prideful. In addition to his family background, he was better-educated and better-looking than the rest of them, and only wanted to make friends with them by their influence, but in fact he did regard them as true friends and brothers.

"If you say this, you will be seen as a stranger. Haven't we already become sworn brothers?" Qi Shuzhi smiled indifferently: "Actually, you are so smart. If you look closely, you will find that Brother Tang, Brother Fang, really treats you as a brother."

Liang Dong raised his head and saw Tang Lizhi and Fang Zheng running over shouting not far away, and Qi Shuzhi's smile in front of him was gentle and reassuring. He pulled the corners of his mouth and smiled. For the first time, he let go of his prejudice and pride, and nodded at Qi Shuzhi.

Sure enough, the people who came were sent by Grand Prince Qi to find Qi Shuzhi. With Qi Shuzhi's lead, everyone entered the city and went back to their respective homes. Qi Shuzhi returned to the Grand Prince's Mansion, and as soon as he stepped into the main hall, he saw Qi Yuan's face as black as the bottom of a pot.

Madam Yang was sitting on Qi Yuan's left, with the elder brother Qi Yunqi and the third younger brother Qi Yuqiang standing below. As soon as Qi Shuzhi entered the house, Qi Yuan sneered, "Hmph, you're really good, you only knelt all night yesterday, and today you dare to run out of the city at night. Are you trying to kill me on purpose?"

His last words were a bit loud, Qi Shuzhi was startled, and took a step back.

Qi Yuan slammed the table with his palm, "Why are you retreating? The men in the Qi family stands upright, and would rather die in battle than retreat. Look at yourself, there's no such general looking like you!"

Qi Shuzhi lowered his head and whispered, "I'm not even a gener..."

"What did you say?" Qi Yuan shouted again, "Speak louder!"

Qi Shuzhi was discouraged, and changed his words: "Father, I feel uncomfortable." 

The elder brother Qi Yunqi immediately asked nervously, "Second brother, why are you feeling uncomfortable?"

"I have a headache and I can't breathe." Qi Shuzhi clutched his chest and said, "I didn't sleep all night yesterday. Tonight, the cold wind was blowing outside the city again, and my legs still hurt..."

Qi Yuqiang looked at Qi Yuan and said, "Dad, the second brother has always been weak, so he can't stand the toss. Although he made a mistake, it wasn't a big one. If you want to punish him, it's better to punish him later, let the second brother go and rest for today."

Qi Yuan stared at Qi Shuzhi, his chest heaving constantly. After a long while, he finally let out a long sigh, "Forget it, sooner or later I will die from this debt collector if I have to pay anymore heed of his shenanigans."

Qi Yunqi hurriedly winked at Qi Shuzhi, and Qi Shuzhi immediately said, "Thank you, Dad, I will definitely learn well in the future, and I promise I will never make mistakes again."

Qi Yuan slapped the table again, "How many times have you promised?!"

Qi Yunqi and Qi Yuqiang supported Qi Shuzhi by each arm, "Father, rest early, we'll send the second brother back to his room." 

Seeing that his three sons hurriedly fleeing, Qi Yuan sat in the seat for a while, looking sullen, and then said to the butler Qi Zhong: "Why don't you ask the doctor to check up on that debt collector?" 

The butler turned and went out and asked the doctor to go check.

Madam Yang, who was sitting at the top, didn't say a word from beginning to end, not even her expression changed. It was only now that she stood up from the seat, dignified and elegant as always, and said, "Master, it's late at night, let's get to bed and rest."

0