Chapter 4: Blood in, Blood out
2k 3 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2006

Canada, Appalachian Mountains

HYDRA Preparatory Academy

Three Years later

"FREEDOM!!" I yelled out while stepping off the small plane onto the runway. Receiving wild looks from those around me.

"Please don't do that, you're embarrassing us before we even have our first day," Jack called out nervously, stepping off the plane behind me.

I just ignored him. This was my first time out of the prison that was my foster home for eleven years, and it was a trip to another country! I couldn't wait to finally see this new world I found myself-

"Cadet Rumlow! Please refrain from further outbursts while on campus grounds, or disciplinary actions will be taken."

I glanced over and saw a stocky woman in a blue military uniform, scowling at me from my side. Her long light auburn hair coiled together into a neat bun behind her and a look of utter joylessness was on her face.

Maybe I spoke too soon.

"um, sorry...ma'am?" Not knowing who this was I decided to stay polite.

"Brigadier General Hale. But you will refer to me as General Hale during your time here. Is that understood?" Her voice was soft but still had that familiar coldness that Tony's had. Yeah...I definitely spoke too soon.

"Yes, m-General Hale." I didn't know whether to salute her or give a nazi wave so I just stood to attention in front of her as I did with Tony. Jack still weakly standing behind me.

General Hale scrutinized both of us before turning and expecting us to follow. Jack and I glanced at each other before picking up our packs and following after her.

********

" This Academy was founded on the backs of brilliant minds who sought to pass down their knowledge to the future generation after them. Each of these men was instrumental in furthering our cause for a new revolution. Without them we...."

I started to tune Hale out as we continued through the corridors of the school, passing countless portraits of old guys hanging on the wall. Apparently Hale had a story for each and every one of them.

I looked over at Jack, who was dutifully hanging on Hale's every word. Sigh, I wish Tony had allowed Jeanne to come at least she would be fun to be around. But it seems Tony's actual child was too good to be taught by anyone other than himself.

********

After what seemed like hours of Hale talking at us, we finally made it to our destination. It was a pure white tiled room, with two cages sitting in the middle of the open space. Two people were kneeling down in either cage with bags over their heads.

General Hale walked in front of the cages and turned to face Jack and me, her hands clasped behind her back.

"HYDRA Preparatory Academy is a prestigious institute, where only the most illustrious of pedigrees are allowed within our walls. But seeing as the two of you are a part of Taskmaster's little experiment, both of you will have to complete a small test to enter."

Taskmaster? Did she mean Tony?

"General Hale, what happens if we don't pass?" Jack asked.

Hale seemed to be pleased with the question and said, "Either you pass this test or you die, while these prisoners earn their freedom."

The fact that she smiled when mentioning our deaths didn't give me a good feeling about our odds in this test.

Hale gestured towards the two cages, "Both of these people are young S.H.I.E.L.D agents captured by us last month. Your task will be to win a one-on-one fight to the death with your opponent."

S.H.I.E.L.D agents!? How the fuck is an eleven-year-old kid supposed to fight a fucking S.H.I.E.L.D agent!?

***********

A/N: Hey everyone, hope you're enjoying the story so far. Next chapter I'm going to be writing my first fighting scene, so wish me luck.

103