Chapter 6: Orientation
1.9k 2 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2006

Canada, Appalachian Mountains

HYDRA Preparatory Academy

After my fight, John led me out of the white room while the other staff went to clean up Akela's body and set up for the next test. I was taken to a room opposite where I fought and saw a giant screen taking up an entire wall. On the screen, the inside of the white room was shown. Couches lined the inside of the room facing the screen and three people were currently sitting down chatting on one.

Looking over I saw Jack nervously standing in the corner of the room, trying his best to avoid the attention of the other three people.

"Cadet Rumlow, we were just discussing your... interesting fight," Hale called out to me as the other two people stopped talking and looked over.

One was a man with short white sandy hair and round circler glasses. He had a pleasant smile on his aged face but his cold blue eyes were narrowed at me. I didn't like the way this guy looked at me. Like a tool, he was trying to figure out how to use.

The other, and more surprising, the person was a familiar woman. Why is the chick from Seinfeld here? Shit, if I knew my life would hang so much on it I would've watched everything Marvel had released and taken notes.

"Cadet Rumlow, this is Dr. Daniel Whitehall and Madame Contessa Valentina Allegra De Fontaine." Hale introduced the two people, receiving a friendly chuckle from the other woman.

"Please, I know it's a mouthful. Just call me Madame Contessa." She said smiling while giving me a thoughtful look.

John led me over and I stood to attention in front of them. Even if I didn't know who they were, I could tell these people were important to the organization and wanted to make a better first impression than I did with Hale.

"Cadet Brock Rumlow. A pleasure to meet you, Madame Contessa and Dr. Whitehall."

The Doctor just continued to observe me quietly while Madame Contessa gave me an intrigued smile.

"Oh, he's politer than I expected. From his fight, I pegged him to be the wild rambunctious type."  Madame Contessa gave me an uncomfortable once over then smiled while biting her finger.

"Cadet Rumlow, while I personally found your actions to be uncouth. You still passed the test. Welcome to Hydra Preparatory Academy."

************

After Hale's dry welcome I was pushed off to the side so the four adults could watch the next test.

I wanted to see if there was anything I could learn, so I paid close attention to the fight. But five minutes in I gave up.

The fight was underwhelming. Neither of them showed any type of aggression or willingness to kill. Both were just landing superficial blows on the other.

After ten minutes Hale stood up and pressed a button on the side of the screen.

"Cadet Rollins, finish this fight in the next ten minutes or you will be failed." She ordered coldly.

Jack's face turned to panic at her words, but surprisingly he didn't just give up like I thought he would. I could see that while the older boy was weak of heart he still valued his life over that of his opponents. 

Jack finished the fight when he got his opponent in a chokehold

*********

After the last test, we were both led to a midsized auditorium where eight other students were sitting. These must be the legacy kids, whose parents got them into the school. They stared and gave us odd looks, mostly me since I was still covered head to toe in Akela's blood.

Taking our seats in the back I was surprised to see Madame Contessa, not Hale, step forward to address the students.

So she is higher in the hierarchy than Hale. Good to know.

"Welcome students, to HYDRA Preparatory Academy. Here it is our goal to mold you and shape you into the best the world has to offer. While the training may be tough at first, I'm confident each and every one of you will give it your all and make it out the other end better and equipped with all you need to accomplish the mission. Hail Hydra!" She yelled and everyone got up from their seat to yell back.

"Hail Hydra!!"

********

A/N: Hey everyone! Not a lot happened this chapter but I wanted to establish the Academy and some of the people running it. MC is also trying to figure out where everybody stands and who he can use. Let me

94