Chapter 30: Assemble (Last)
1.3k 3 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2012

Quinjet

 

(Omniscient POV)

The quinjet flies above the mountain and through the raging lightning storm, as a loud crash sounds above the jet.

Brock looks over and sees Tony, Steve, and Natasha staring at the roof, shocked and anxious as footsteps ring out above.

They each move to the viewing port to see a shadowy figure holding onto the quinjet. The lightning flashes, illuminating the figure just enough for them to make out it was. Thor, God of Thunder, hangs atop the jet.

"Here we go," Brock mutters.

There's another flash of light as the people around him come back to their senses and start doing their jobs.

Natasha orders the pilot to speed up. Steve runs for his seat and grabs his cowl and shield, while Tony grabs his helmet which attaches itself to the suit.

Tony pushes a button and opens the ramp of the jet.

"What are you doing?! Don't open the door for him! " Steve yells as the wind rushes into the jet.

Thor swings down from the top and enters, jumping down onto the ramp.

He looks around the jet until his eyes land on Loki strapped to a chair. An enraged expression overtakes his face as he marches towards him, ignoring everyone else.

Ironman reaches a hand out to stop him but Thor backhands him and sends him barreling into Cap, both hitting the floor of the cockpit.

Thor makes his way to Loki as Brock pulls his sidearm and makes a faux attempt to stop him.

*Bang*

*Bang*

*Bang*

Shots ring out as the bullets bounce off of Thor, who just ignores Brock and grabs Loki by the neck. Two of the S.T.R.I.K.E team agents went for their rifles to fire at him, but he just casually threw his hammer at them, knocking them back and sending them spiraling out of the Jet.

The hammer returns to his hand as he rips Loki free from the bindings of the chair and jumps out of the quinjet.

A silent moment passes as the realization of the situation hits everyone.

"Who the hell was that guy?!" Ironman yells as he and Cap pick themselves off the floor.

"Thor Odinson, another Asgardian and Loki's brother," Brock informs him as he makes a half-hearted check on his men's condition.

"I thought he was supposed to be friendly, guess not." Captain America states.

"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract maybe lost." Natasha calls back from the cockpit.

Iron Man begins walking to the edge of the ramp.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack!" Cap yells after him.

Iron Man reaches the lip of the ramp and looks back over his shoulder.

"I have a plan. Attack!" He says as he jumps from the jet.

Brock cringes a little inside, and watches from the side as Iron Man flies out, following Thor, as Cap makes for a parachute.

"Sir, aren't we going to make a plan?" Brock questions.

"No time, I have to stop that bastard from making things worse," Cap says as he straps on the chute and grabs his shield.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap," Natasha calls out from the front.

"I don't see how I can."

Captain America moves towards the edge of the ramp.

"These guys come from legend, they're basically Gods." She warns.

Cap reaches the edge and turns his head to look back over his shoulder.

"There's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." He says as he dives out the quinjet, head first.

***************

Forest in the Mountains

 

(Loki POV)

Thor crashes down onto a cliff and throws me to the ground as I let out a groan.

The idiot looms over me, anger clear on his face.

"How could you, Brother?" Thor asks coldly.

I let a smug smirk come to my lips.

"Oh-ho, I missed you too, Brother."

Thor reaches down and grabs my collar, pulling me up to his face.

"Do I look to be in the mood for your games?" He says as he glares into my eyes.

"Oh, you should be thanking me. With the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the All-Father have to muster to conjure you here? Your precious Earth." I ask, the smirk never leaving my face.

Thor drops his hammer to the ground and punches me hard in the face.

"Arghh," I grunt as the pain hits me.

What is he doing?!

"Where is the Tesseract? And what have you done with Fandral and Volstagg!?" He yells in my face.

I look at him with a little confusion.

"What are yo-"

Thor doesn't let me talk as he punches me in the face again.

"Arrrgh!" I shriek as flashes cloud my vision and blood drips down my eye.

"They were our friends!!" Thor yells.

"What happened to you?! How could you turn so vile? We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" He questioned and I could hear the emotion in his voice.

He gave me an expectant look and I took the moment to recover.

Shaking off the pain, I glare up into his eyes.

"I remember a shadow....living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I who was, and should be, King!" I exclaimed.

I didn't know what he was talking about but this 'loving brother' act struck my nerve.

"So you take away my friends and try to destroy the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights? No. I won't let you. They're under my protection, Loki."

I laugh mockingly in his face.

"And you're doing such a marvelous job at that, dear Brother. The Humans slaughter each other in droves, while you idly fret. I mean to rule them!"

Thor gives me a sad, pitying look.

"You think yourself above them." He states quietly.

"Yes!" I announce enthusiastically. "I've seen worlds you've never known about. I have grown, Odinson, in my exile. I have seen the true power of the Tesseract, and when I wield it-"

Thor punches me in the face again.

"Arrrgh!"

"And who showed you this power, hmm?! Who controls the would-be-king!" Thor yells.

Blood fills my mouth, but I just spit it out and give my 'Brother' a mad smile.

"I am a King!"

Thor drops me to the ground and summons Mjolnir up to his hand.

"Not here, you're not. You will answer for your crimes at home. You will give up the Tesseract and abandon this poisonous dream!" He orders.

I let an innocent look overtake my face.

"I don't have the Tesseract. And I don't know what happened to Fandral and Volstagg." I say playfully.

Rage comes to Thor's face and he points the hammer at my head.

"You listen well brother-" He starts, but is cut off as the man with the metal armor flies in and tackles Thor. Carrying him off to crash through the trees.

A playful smile comes to my lips.

"I'm listening?" I call out to the empty air.

**************

QuinJet, Forest in the Mountains

 

(Brock POV)

"There they are." Natasha points out as the pilot hovers the quinjet over a small clearing in the forest.

I move over to her and look down to see Iron Man firing a repulsor blast at Thor, who takes it head-on and is only knocked back a few feet.

The two stand ready and then fly at each other, smashing through the trees and scraping up a cliffside.

Trees are toppled as they crash into the forest grounds, but they stand quickly and Thor sends in a hard left hook that rocks Iron Man to the side. He moves and tries to throw a counter but Thor grabs his fist.

Iron Man tries to strike out with his other hand and Thor grabs that too. He begins to crush Iron Man's gauntlets in his hands with ease.

"Shouldn't we help?" Natasha asks me, but I just shrug.

"I say let them work it out."

Iron Man opens his palm, aims it at Thor's face, and fires a blast at point blank. But it seems to do nothing to Thor, so he headbutts him.

Thor takes the hit with ease and headbutts him back.

Iron Man is sent flying back through the trees and comes to a stop before launching himself at Thor.

He grabs Thor and throws him into a tree that snaps in half at the force. Thor then stands and the two go at it for a bit longer, the battle descending into a fist fight.

Thor summons his hammer and moves to slam it down on Iron Man's chest, but he dodges, causing Thor to fall.

Thor quickly picks himself off the ground as Iron Man swoops in and tries to hit him. Thor rights himself and prepares to counter the hit.

They each get ready to send blows at each other until suddenly Cap's shield rams into them and ricochets off both their chest.

Captain America runs into the clearing and leaps to catch his shield. He lands down in front of them and approaches the two.

Everyone stops fighting as Cap seems to try and talk the two down but Thor suddenly swings his hammer back and smacks it into Iron Man's head, sending him flying back.

Thor then leaps and swings Mjolnir down as Captain America raises his shield over his head.

*BOOM*

When the two connect there is a loud thunderclap and a flash of light and the two are both thrown backward.

A moment passes as they slowly get to their feet and stare at each other. The fight presumably over.

"That was crazy!" Natasha praises but I didn't answer her this time.

My face stayed the same emotionless mask I usually wore as I watched the fight, but Inside my heart was pounding fast and my blood was so hot that it felt like lava was running through my veins.

I wanted to be down there.

**************

A/n: Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying the story and as always thanks for reading!

65