Chapter 32: Snakes on the Plane pt.2
1.3k 6 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2012

Classified Location

S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier

 

(Loki POV)

"Now, what are you?" I mutter, an intrigued smile playing on my lips, as I look over the young mortal who was currently trapped inside an illusion within his own mind.

Sounds of bones reforming rang out in the hallway and I glance down to my side as my crushed hand began to heal rapidly. It still hurt, but nothing permanent.

This mortal was a lot stronger than he should be, especially if he is able to hurt a divine being such as myself.

Is he another one of Fury's mutants?

Or something else entirely.

I return my attention to the strange mortal and, gazing into his eyes, I could see a faint spark of crimson energy linger within his pupils. Reaching out with my magical perception, I tried to sense the origin of this mysterious energy.

As my magic delved deeper into the boy, a wave of heavy emotions of rage and indignation hit me, making me quickly pull my perception back and recoil against the hallway wall. Sweat dripped from my brow as I struggled to take in a breath.

What was that?!

It felt divine but also gave off a dark corruptive aura that felt like it would destroy anything it touches.

It also felt...alive, like it was staring right back at me.

No mortal should have... whatever the was, inside them.

Catching my breath, I return my gaze back toward the unnatural...mortal? And conjured a dagger to my hand.

I wished I had my scepter to completely dominate the boy's mind and find out his secrets, but I didn't have time for side projects.

The dagger shot through the air as I threw it at the boy, aiming for his heart.

But instead of a gorey scene like I was expecting, the blade just casually bounced off his chest and clattered to the floor, deconstructing and fading into a gold mist.

My head cocked to the side at that and I moved closer to inspect the spot where the dagger hit.

"Curious," I mutter as I reach out my hand and place it on the young man's chest.

A blank look was on his face but his heart was beating fast and his whole body shook with strain as I could feel the muscles in his body straining to fight off my illusion.

His hands twitch at his side as he struggled to reach me and I felt him pushing back against my magic and knew the spell wasn't strong enough to hold him.

A faint crimson mist began to leak from his body as I quickly retracted my hand and moved to cast a higher version of the spell.

The aircraft suddenly veers to the side, making me lose balance as the hallway lights go red and alarms begin ringing throughout the ship.

"Perimeter breach!! We're under attack!! All hands on deck!" A voice informs over the intercom.

Seems like my main plan was finally starting.

A smirk comes to my face as a distinct monstrous roar rings out from the upper floors. Yelling and artillery also begin to sound throughout the vessel.

"Brother!!" A familiar resounding voice called out down the hallway and I let out a vexed sigh at the fool's bad timing.

"Could you come back a little lat-" My quip was swiftly interrupted as Thor tackled me from behind, sending both of us barreling through the wall and back in the room of my cell.

"Arrgh!" I groan as I hit the floor.

Thor loomed over me, not seeming to feel the same pain, and grabbed me by my throat.

"Is this attack you as well, brother!" The fool screams in my face but I just smirk and spit a bit of blood in his eye.

"Arrgh," Thor grunts irritatingly and releases my neck to wipe the blood from his face.

Taking the chance I move back away from him, positioning myself in front of the cell's open doors, and quickly began casting a quick spell behind my back.

"Must you always make things harder! Stop with your tricks and just give up!" Thor tries to convince me.

"Why would I do that, Dear Brother, when the fun has just begun." I provoke.

Thor looked at me with pity and charged forward at me, hammer aimed for my head.

His attack reached me, only to go straight through my head as the illusion vanished and Thor was sent tumbling into the glass prison.

I reappear behind him and close the cell door, locking the fool inside.

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?" I say smugly as I smile down at my confused 'brother'.

Thor glances around at the glass cage and looks back to me, unworried.

"You think this is enough to hold me." He says as he gets up and hits the glass door with his hammer. The glass cracks a little and the entire cage shudders at his force, but the prison holds firm.

A laugh escapes me as I watch his futile attempt and move around toward the control panel Fury so willingly demonstrated to me.

"The humans think us immortal. Shall we test that?" I ask mockingly as I press a button and the floor beneath the cage retracts, revealing the open sky.

Thor peeks down through the glass to the sky below then looks up and me with a questioning gaze.

"You would try to kill me, brother? I, who have been by your side, defending you, for our entire lives!" Thor exclaims.

A furious look overtook my face at the fool's words.

"Defending me?! Not once did you speak up when Father would ridicule me! No. You were happy to play the favorite and toss me aside like the rest!" I yell, enraged.

Thor opens his mouth to speak but I don't give him a chance as my hand moves toward the console and presses the button to release the cage.

"Waaaiiiitttt!!" Thor screams as he drops from the ship and falls through the clouds below.

I laugh madly at the fool's suffering.

Finally. I was finally out of his shadow.

It's my time now, and I'm going to show everyone that ever mocked me what it means to be a true King.

My laughter dies down as the room suddenly goes dark as the power throughout the ship is shut off.

"Barton must be almost finished with his assignment, time to get out of here and start making my new kingdom," I murmur to myself and move my hands to conjure a portal in front of me.

"Leaving already?" A deep, modulated, voice calls out softly behind me.

My body stiffens when I hear the ghostly voice and I turn my head to peek over my shoulder at whoever, or whatever just spoke.

The room was pitch black, the only light coming from a figure standing in the busted-down wall.

A crimson glow outlined the tall, broad figure. The only noticeable detail I was able to make out was the unnatural face of a skeleton. The mouth of the skull was somehow spread wide into a sadistic smile and crimson energy leaked from its mouth as two glowing eyes looked back at me through the darkness.

"W-what are-"

"I'm going to fuck you up." The figure stated calmly and began to charge at me as some sort of crimson red force field started to form around him.

Not waiting to see what this thing was, I moved to jump through the portal and swiftly gestured to close it behind me.

I looked back to see the crimson eyes of my attacker, still giving me that creepy sadistic smile.

"Be seeing you." The deep voice called out, the mouth of the head moving in an odd way as the portal shrunk and sealed.

Letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I looked around at my new surroundings.

I seemed to have made my way back to the top of the ship as I was standing in the same laboratory that I saw the pet monster working in.

Walking around through the lab, I spotted a familiar golden scepter lying haphazardly on a table.

"These mortals really are just dumb monkeys." I voice, reaching down to pick up the weapon.

"Move away please." Another voice calls out behind me and I let out an aggravated breath.

Looking back to see who it was interrupting me for the third time this day, I saw a balding mortal aiming a large hi-tech looking firearm at me.

"Walk away human. I'm really not in the mood." I warn but the mortal just gives me a smirk and gestures down at the strange contraption in his hands.

"Do you like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does. Do you wanna find out?" He states and pushes a button on the weapon.

An orange glow begins to emit from the firearm as the mortal prepares to fire at me but I don't give him the chance as I swiftly cast a spell to appear behind him.

He looks around the room, confused, as I conjure a dagger into my hand and slit his throat with the blade.

He lets out gurgled breaths as he drops the weapon and kneels in front of me on the floor, holding his throat.

"That's more like it," I say as the mortal glances at me and falls lifelessly to the floor.

***************

A/n: Hey guys, sorry no big fight this chapter but I hope you still enjoyed the story, and as always thanks for reading!

63