Epilogue
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You would think they’d be all over my son…”

I looked up at Jorne and laughed, “You saw how they were when Cecelia was born.”

Jorne looked back at me and then sat closer, “There was a time when what I have now seemed something that I thought that I’d never have.”

I stared at Jorne and looked back too. The time I didn’t let him into my heart, the time that I was looking for my father. Wow, that felt so very long ago now…

So long ago…

 

I even remember a time that I was scared to get pregnant!

What kind of torture did I give to my husband!

My idea of birth is scary but now that I had given birth before, gaining my own child because of that pain, I felt like it was worth it…

His hand placed a piece of my hair away from my eyes and I smiled.

It had been the first day of coming outside, since giving birth to Magnus, and it was very nice!

 

I have no time to think of how life used to be at all!

I am full…Well I’m busy and happy and well, life is really full!

Malory and Kael had been staying in the capital here for a long time now, having already gone south and returned. Our relationship has become so close that we see each other often, like that of sisters, and our little ones often play together. It was the opposite with them, as they now had a girl, having Jordan first. As we had a girl first, a boy after. Actually, it is a bit interesting as the two eldest of our children seem to get along really well. Of course, we aren’t going to force an engagement for the two little ones, but I will say it’s completely adorable!

 

My father stays in the capital now too, the grandpa now that he is. He and the King end up acting like little boys when it comes to Cecelia. At first, they were upset that a boy had not been born but it seemed that they both grew really fond of the little Princess. They grew so fond of her actually that they fight for her affection…If they weren’t so old, I’d say it would be adorable too…But they are just too damned old to fight like this!

It was a bit sad that the birth of the Prince seemed to be celebrated more then that of the Princess’s but what could be done. It’s like the people already knew that the next King was born…That he was now on this earth…

Well, I suppose Cecelia had her grandfathers to dote on her to make it fair!

 

Setchra was still the only country but the nomad part had slowly just become a part of Setchra as well. The nomad area ended up turning into a place that held tournaments and plays. In fact, the King himself has to travel there to see certain things as the area seems to hold a certain rule of its own, making it an incredibly rich place…

Otherwise, there were governors or ministers in other areas of the country, to help look after it better, but the King looked over it all.

I used to be a commoner, I used to be out there, with many of the other people and so…I put that to good use!

Jorne and I both go out and see the people. We are even looking at spending time going from west, to south, to see how the people there are going too. We don’t know how the King and Wedge will take it, having to take the children with us, but as the next King and Queen of the country, we want the people to know that we want to look after them to the best of our abilities.

 

There were no more wars, there were just a whole heap of different people that sometimes had problems accepting others but there were no more battles were hundreds of lives would be lost.

There was one big army, and one small army. The big army was spread out over the whole country. They helped solve disputes and stop people from fighting and they helped against any barbarian attacks but…The barbarians too were slowly starting to become part of Setchra as well, just like how the nomad area had.

The other small army was for protection of the King and his lineage. Because of the power that one held, it could mean that someone would like to have it and so, in unseen areas, a small army keeps the one in charge alive.

 

 

“Don’t you think it’s a bit early for you to give up?”

The King looked over at Wedge and raises his eyebrows. Smiling, he turns away and doesn’t say a word.

“You and your silence! This is what I’m talking about!” Wedge states, nearly angry.

How could you deny it, a King capable to lead a country this big, what kind of magic did he possess!?

“Do you forget how we met?” The King asked Wedge and Wedge narrowed his eyes.

No, he didn’t forget. How could he!?

 

“There’s no such thing as magic!” Wedge claimed.

The King smirked and stood up, “You forgot!”

Wedge got up too and followed after the King, “I didn’t forget, you said that you see what isn’t being said, almost like magic!”

Hearing the King sigh only made Wedge humph and pout.

The King laughed and stopped, looking at Wedge, “…Isn’t it only me that makes you feel like an idiot, my good friend?”

Wedge glared at the King…He really was a mind reader, he really did hear what isn’t being said!

If it wasn’t magic, then what was it?

 

The King was great, he knew when someone was lying. He knew if someone had too much power. He knew if money should be invested in something and most of all, he knew of what was not being said!

Wedge was never able to outshine the King, even recently he had troubles as well with the Crowned Prince!

Always…Always he had come second!

Why could he never beat this man!?

 

“If I had a son, life would be different!” Wedge mumbled.

“If you had a son, would he mumble like you and your daughter?” Jorne asked, coming out of nowhere.

Wedge looked from father to son and back again. In a small instant he turned and walked away from both of them, “A man knows when it’s a good time to leave!”

Jorne smiles and looks at his father, to see his father have soft eyes at his good friend.

Just one sentence from the King gave Jorne goosebumps, “If I wasn’t smarter then that man, there’d still be at least three other countries on this continent…”

 

 

THE END!

 

 

Just a few tid bits:

 

Necrotizing Fasciitis < What Diane had. (No, she was not murdered. Did I get any of you? You don’t want to look this thing up though, it’s gruesome!)

 

It seems…The planet has no name…(Scary factor!)

 

At the end the ‘big army’ is basically like that of the ‘police’ of today.

 

Thought of making short stories for both Dilan and Neil but thought then that they are better left alone. (Leave it up to your imagination). Could even make a short story for the barbarians…Or for the two eldest kids…

If I do add another story, it’ll be most likely be about Wedge, but I don’t plan to do that right now. (Or someone else might be…Will have to wait and see!)

 

I honestly did not think that there would be such a plot to this upon first starting it, but it didn’t take long to plan once started.

 

I wanted to put in how life would be for the people because of one country but thought against it (deleted it more like). There was only one major player in the main characters (Jorne: Crowned Prince) where it would make sense for me to go on and on about the world and so I just left it, especially when that particular main character was not even King by the end of it.

 

I know I spoke of pregnancy a lot in this one, but I suppose one thing that needed to happen for the Crowned Prince was him to have children, it being monarchy and all. (If Princess didn’t ‘die’ near the beginning, he probably would have coaxed her into bed and had a child earlier but…Shit happens I suppose…) Oh, I also want to add that Olivia’s idea of worrying about the pain of giving birth is not all ‘wrong’. If I continued and went into the future, I’d say she would die in about ten or so years from giving birth. (sad I know but let’s just be happy I’m not writing about it, lol)

 

I did have a story for Jorne but as the story evolved, his story didn’t seem to pop up at all. I wanted to make it a nice little chat between him and his Princess, but I guess it just didn’t get in there at all. (With his father the way he is, as King, Jorne’s past changed to not being so…Touchy. In fact, Jorne has become quite the normal person with no tragedy behind him at all…Originally, I had him to be the main reason why the country was being unified in the first place. But the country becoming unified seems to be the King’s idea, especially since Wedge had already done a country before ‘Compelled Substitution’ was even started.)

 

If people want to, they can call this planet a name for me and I might just mention it in ‘Universal Creations’ ?

And the name is (Drum roll please): (Will update this on scribblehub.com upon a name being chosen)

 

Have a nice Day!

1