Chapter 15 **Back to Being a Merchant**
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had travelled before with my father, but I never thought that when I would travel again…That I would be following after the army.

To be honest, I had been a bit worried because I had never traveled on my own, but having followed after the army like I have, it seemed to bring me luck!

Not only had Theo suddenly come to me from what looked like the army, but I had even been lucky enough to be a part of their night-time dinners and even started to help out.

The men seemed to like having a woman’s touch around and I didn’t seem to think that they would hurt me in any way…Besides, the food was free!

 

Becoming a part of the end part of the army, I was even given rides on a horse!

Of course, I had to share the ride with another, but it really had made me feel so much better!

After having left the palace, it was like I suddenly become lucky!

Another good thing about the army was…They were going towards where my father would be!

So, all in all, I decided to lay low in this part of the army and help out, taking a free ride!

After a few days, we made it to the nomad area, just staying on the borders of it. It seemed like they didn’t want the people there to worry that they were going to get attacked or something.

 

Telling the men in the army that I wanted to check out this place, they were a little worried that I would not make it back in time, but I had to see it!

I had bought what wouldn’t be such a wanted object from the capital, clearly wanting to sell it in another place that might need it more and pay well for it.

It was simply just a strong water pouch, a new one, and even though the capital might not think of it as something glamourous, out here…Out here people might think of it as a gem!

Smiling to myself, I couldn’t wait to find the highest bidder!

With Theo on my shoulder, suddenly screeching and then flying away, I shrugged and kept going. I’ll get him back later!

 

 

“Oh this? It’s a water pouch.” I state, not really showing interest as I tried to covertly go around the farmers small market area.

Yes, I had scooped out the area and if anyone wanted my pouch the most, it would be this person, or anyone connected to him!

Having pretended to come here to see his goods, I walked around, trying to show off my water pouch without looking like I was selling it.

“Are you...May I have a look at it?”

Haha, of course!

Innocently looking at the man and then giving the water pouch over to him, I just raised my eyebrows and waited.

Inside I was jumping for joy and laughing my head off but the outside of me was innocently seeing that the man was pretty satisfied.

 

“I will buy it off you for five…”

Yeah, as usual, they want to take advantage of me! In your dreams! If you give me five, then I get absolutely no profit!

“No thank you.” I easily state, putting my hand out for it.

“Ten, I’ll buy it off you for ten!” The man stated, obviously seeing that I had no interest in selling it and probably starting to panic.

Ah, I miss the good old days like this!

 

I looked at the water pouch like it was a treasure and then back at the man. I pouted and shook my head, “I’m sorry sir but…”

“Fifteen!”

I knew it, someone else’s rubbish was indeed someone else’s treasure!

I really should just accept this, but…Could I ask for more?

Looking like I was giving in to the man, I slowly nodded, “Alright but…Sir, do you really need it?”

“Would I buy it if I didn’t?”

Ah well…Here it goes…

 

I sighed and looked down, playing with my fingers, “I was told never to go anywhere without a well-made water pouch!”

“Oh, I see…Well, let’s do this, I’ll give you Fifteen and some hide, maybe you can get someone else to make you another one, uh?”

I looked up and saw him holding a hide that should be worth as much as the water pouch, perhaps more.

Why didn’t he just say that he’d pay me twenty instead?

…Was he playing me or just a bit stupid?

“Okay.” How could I let this chance go by!

The man smiled at me and I smiled back, getting his money and piece of hide from him.

What a bargain!

Oh…Oh, there’s someone pregnant over there, maybe they’ll want the hide!

 

Casually walking up to where the pregnant woman was sitting at a bench, I put more effort into showing the hide, only to see that it wasn’t being seen!

“Here, don’t gulp it down this time! Eat slowly…”

It must be the husband that came and sat next to her…Then who was the other man that was hanging around?

Sitting down on the opposite side, I slouched and looked at the food.

I wasn’t particularly hungry but if it was a way to open conversation…

“Is it good?” I ask, trying to be curious.

 

Seeing the pregnant woman nod, then eat some more, I pretend to look at the food stall and wondered if I should get some.

If I got food, but still didn’t sell anything, I’d lose out!

Sighing, I turn back to the man and blinked…He was so much bigger than his wife!

…I suppose, I was only just a bit taller than her…And Jorne would be close to him too.

They weren’t from Setchra, that was for sure, as I was seeing that difference between the two places.

Just as I was going to go into specifics on how different they were, Theo flew down to me and I smiled.

Seeing Theo do what I thought was his type of ‘hello’, I put out my hand out and he jumped onto it.

 

“You’re back?” I asked the little parrot, to see him rub against my face.

Giving him a scratch, I see that the pregnant woman was staring at Theo.

Putting the bird closer to her, I watch as she put a finger out, to which Theo lightly nibbled on but then jumped down to the table.

“You don’t know where it’s been, so don’t touch it!” Came the big man’s reply, making me furious!

“He might be cleaner than you!” I state angrily.

The man turned to me and narrowed his eyes and wow…His eyes spoke volumes!

 

Picking up the bird and putting him onto my shoulder, I didn’t speak another word to him.

He seemed…Dangerous…

“There you are!”

With those words, I turned and found a certain person walking straight towards me!

Widening my eyes, I quickly look around, yet had no idea on what to do!

I…I don’t want to go back!

Standing up, I didn’t get a chance to do anything else before I was pulled into his embrace.

“You idiot! Do you know what you put me through!?”

I haven’t done anything wrong! And now I’m free! So…So…He’s just going to have to deal with that!

“Ah…Hehe…Your Highness…I don’t know what you’re talking about…”

 

“Your Highness?”

I was finally able to breath better, upon Jorne loosening his hold on me and I turned towards the other man that was now standing up.

Seeing the other man look towards his wife, I could see that he looked like he was going to run or something.

“We bring no harm, there’s no need to worry…” I heard Jorne speak.

“No harm, yet a whole army…Your Highness…” Said the other man, still standing there but now staring at Jorne.

Jorne moved to stand straight, still holding onto me, “As you see.”

“The rumors of Icklish on the verge of being conquered must be true then…”

I looked up to see Jorne smirking then, “And the rumors of the long-lost general are true then too.”

 

The other man was stunned for a moment and then nodded, “Your Highness, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Likewise.”

“Perhaps you’d let us continue on, or will things have to fall to drastic measures?” The man asked, then looked over at me, raising his eyebrows.

I blinked, wondering what was going on. Why was he looking at me like he was threatening me?

“If one’s actions leads to such a circumstance, another action will then take place!” Jorne then stated firmly and I saw the other man look down to his wife and then stand slightly closer towards her.

Honestly, I had never been in such a…The aura or whatever was happening here was extreme!

 

Jorne suddenly laughed, scaring me in the process, and he sat down, “We’ve come to an impasse, let us speak.”

The man sighed and sat down, and I was forced to follow.

My hand was taken, and I was stunned to see Jorne clasp his fingers with mine.

Looking up at him, I only saw him watching the other man, but he tightened his hold on my hand for a moment and I strangely felt secure and even…Loved…

It really wasn’t the best time for this!

I was not going back!

But…I liked holding his hand too!

 

“General Wilton.” Jorne stated.

“I haven’t been a general in some time…Crowned Prince Jorne.” The other man said.

“Your status may be different on the outside, but I see it still that you act the status nonetheless.”

Wow…These men were…So serious right now!

Looking over at the wife of the other man, I leaned forward, and said, “Do you know what’s going on?”

She just honestly blinked at me and shook her head.

Oh…How cute she is!

Continuing to lean forward, I ask, “Then don’t you feel left out?”

The wife looked up to her husband and then back to me and I saw her practically jump into his arms, completely stunning me and halting the conversation.

 

Silence filled the area as I watch the little woman start to play with one of her husband’s hands.

Well…This isn’t something you see every day!

A woman, in plain day light, jumping into a man’s arms…How interesting!

“Malory doesn’t speak much, but she has gone through more than you think…” The voice came from the other man that I had seen earlier, he stopped talking when I was suddenly pulled away, into more of an embrace!

“Stop it!” I state, moving to look back at him.

“He was…Leaning too close to you!” Jorne said, and I could feel that he looked a little angry, not just at the other man but maybe even at himself.

Letting out a small laugh, I then said, “Are you jealous?”

Jorne just stared at me then, making me lose my soul to his eyes.

Ah…I see…

 

“Perhaps on one condition, Your Highness.” The other man spoke, breaking the stare between Jorne and I.

“State it!” Jorne said…Back to being serious once again.

I lost it though, I had no idea on what they were talking about!

Seeing the other woman still in the hands of the other man, I now easily saw that baby bump and how the man’s hand was on it, maybe for protection or something.

What was it like? To be pregnant and having such a man so doting upon you?

Leaning forward once again, I nod towards her, and then say, “Is it…Is it hard being pregnant?”

I felt a hand squeeze mine and a chuckle from the second man, and I didn’t know what to pay attention to the most.

 

The woman just shook her head, but the other man sat down, and said, “We didn’t even know she was pregnant for four months!”

I raised my eyebrows, pretty sure that was a long time for not knowing!

“Malory isn’t one to question much, possibly because of what she’s been through, so she didn’t question if she was pregnant or not.” The other man stated.

I nodded and then frowned, “I’m Oliver, and you are?”

“Oh, I’m Neil. I’m practically her servant. My father worked under her father.” Neil stated.

I nodded. So, he was closer to me then, as someone that was closer to a commoner…

“Then let it be so, I will meet with you here tomorrow, until then I have to…”

Jorne had suddenly stood up and was now looking at me.

He pulled out our linked hands and I stood up too but immediately started to panic!

“I’m not going back!” I stated firmly.

 

He pulled us away from the seats and to a close by inn, while I was dragging behind and grumbling.

“Jorne!”

He ignored me as he got keys for a room and then walked us there.

“Jorne!”

As soon as we were inside, he then closed the door and placed me against it.

Lips were on top of mine and I felt his hands around my waist and on my face.

He bit my lip, not too hard but I’m sure it was because he was punishing me!

Kissing me lightly again, I was already starting to see me go to jelly but…I needed to let him know that I wasn’t going back!

 

Pushing him away from my lips, he just started to kiss my neck, making me nearly loss my resolve!

“Jorne, I’m not going back!”

I let out a moan as his fingers brushed over a certain sensitive area and as he kissed over my now exposed shoulder.

“Jorne…” I started, only to let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding in.

Putting my arms up to him now, I force his face to mine, and I take his lips with mine.

“Missed you…” He stated, before he placed his tongue into my mouth.

Feeling his hands now under my dress and on my bottom, I squeezed myself to him and he lifted me up.

Putting my legs around his body, he held me tightly to him as he kissed me deeply.

 

Pulling away from the kiss, we were both breathing deeply, and I already lost any point of talking.

He was right here…

This man that felt so good under my hands…

“Punishment…” Jorne whispered to me in my ear and I sighed to his hot breath.

I felt his hands doing things, and an answer came quickly to what was going on.

We weren’t even undressed, and he was already wanting me so much!

Ah, he was right here, and so real and…

“Oliver…”

Why did it sound like he was asking me? What does he want?

For some reason, I felt like I could give him anything he wanted while he was touching me as he was!

Just take it! Take it all!

I moaned to what was against me and took his lips with mine.

 

The answer seemed to be found for him I think, as he pushed himself inside me.

It made me wince slightly, as I was sure I wasn’t ready, but I held onto him tighter, moving myself when he had stopped.

“Oliver!”

Ah, his groaning only made me feel like I had made the right choice!

I did miss him…I missed him and this and just…

I had tried not to think of him so much, tried to just continue on with my life but now…Now I let him invade me again, in more ways than one, and I was easily taken to what I felt was towards heaven.

 

He stopped all too soon, where I was forced to stop by his hands.

What was going on?

It hadn’t been long since we started and now, we had stopped.

He breathed heavily and after another moment said, “Punishment…”

Still holding onto me tightly, I pulled a bit back from his shoulder and looked at him, “What are you talking about?”

His gentle, yet desired filled gaze really made me feel special…Ah…

His finger moved my hair from my face, and he peeked a short kiss my lips. Finally, he said, “I punished you by being a selfish lover for a moment.”

I blinked…Then frowned…

Uh?

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

He breathed out hotly onto my neck and groaned.

“Jorne?”

“I was just so excited, Oliver…”

His reply stunned the hell out of me!

Being excited is a good thing, I suppose…

I wanted to laugh, because he sounded a bit childish!

“Can you not feel it?” He pulled back his head and asked.

He moved slightly, groaning at the same time and I guess he was talking about down…There…

 

“Oh…”

A selfish lover uh?

“Mmm…”

“That was quick!” I state frankly.

“You have no idea!” He groaned, to what sounded to me like he felt pathetic.

Biting my lip, I found that I was actually finding this funny.

I let out a short laugh and he smacked his lips with mine.

After a moment, he pulled back, and said, “Are you laughing at this Prince?”

I giggled and nodded, “Yes!”

“Evil…” He muttered, smiling.

 

I giggled again as he groaned to me moving my hips.

He held me so tight now, that I couldn’t even move.

With his eyes staring at me, I went silent. His fingers caressed my face and neck, as he dropped small kissed on my cheeks and lips.

Reaching down to his shoulders, then to his chest, I untie his shirt and go to pull it off.

He did what needed to be done, to help me get him undressed entirely, and then he slowly pulled the rest of my clothes off too.

In no time at all, our naked joined bodies were on the bed and I was moaning to his hot mouth and fingers upon my body.

“Jorne…”

1