Chapter 24
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, after more than five hours full of tenseness, they arrive at the border area of Pluto and Kharon. And now, they are lining up with the queue of refugees.

"Mr. Rivers, do you feel much better?" Daphne asks Stairmount, who looks a lot fresher than before.

"Yes, I do. I slept very well. Thank you for your help, Ma'am."

"It is we who should thank you. You have saved our lives," Mrs. Yalle replies.

"Helping those in need is an obligation for us as human beings."

"But no one gave help and just watched in silence. Even the government doesn't help us... ouch, it's them who become the culprit! Tsk!..."

Mrs. Yalle quickly stops her words since they are not separated too far from the other refugees. Meanwhile, Stairmount looks left and right, trying to analyze the situation. To be precise, searching for the existence of Chrono or other Jupiter military units. When he finds no trace of them, he automatically breathes a sigh of relief.

No, I can't feel relieved so fast. They are also very good at disguises and spies. Until my plan works, I can't feel relieved and must keep maintaining my cautiousness!

Finally, their turn has come. Even though the queue is long, the inspection process is inevitably not as strict as they thought. The officers consist of a group of fierce-looking armed troops, but they do their jobs very fast, only when they deal with the Ralarans who, because of their dark gray hair and black color which looks uninteresting thus become the most despised on the entire Planet, they become very strict, even often reject their refugee requests very fast. The matter consuming their time to wait is when there is a tough argument between the officers and the Ralaran refugees.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

"Next!" After pushing a Ralaran man rudely, the officer approaches Stairmount. Stairmount has learned that most of the guards are made up of the racists, so even though he initially plans to disguise Daphne and Mrs. Yalle as Lismesan people (to avoid the chance of being found out by the real passport holders they are disguising right now), in the end, he decides to masquerade as the Jupitune people. As the officer looks at Stairmount, with his ballet-slipper pink hair and his tangerine-orange eyes (he wears the tangerine-orange contact lenses he bought at an optics when he made his fake passport tablet. Wearing different eye-color contact lenses is so hurtful for him - that's why the people on this Planet can't change their eyes or hair colors although those body parts are prone to trap them into discrimination - because it is very painful), the officer immediately nods his head. "Passport?"

Moreover, the officer is now dealing with a 'young girl', his masculinity instinct quickly dominates his whole brain more than his logic. Stairmount is just about to click on the button of the passport tablet to show his 'identity', but the officer quickly nods his head, as the sign that he permits Stairmount to pass through. He even said in a concerned tone, "Be careful, Sweetie."

Afraid of speaking so as to prevent his male voice from breaking his disguise, Stairmount just nods politely. Breathing a sigh of relief, he then waits for the officer to check on Daphne and Mrs. Yalle.

The officer is also very kind to Mrs. Yalle, her appearance as a desperate old Plutonian granny quickly melts the officer's heart. He does the same as he once did to Stairmount. Then he turns his gaze to Daphne, starting to check her passport. Stairmount's heart sings merrily. All of this will be over soon

The officer raises his eyebrows. The next second, he takes out his electron gun and aims it at Daphne.

"S... s... sir.... please spare my life..." Daphne trembles violently as the gun is now pointed straight at her so suddenly.

Stairmount and Mrs. Yalle immediately run over to her. Stairmount even curses furiously in his heart, Heck, how can a problem happen with that damned passport?!?... Or... have they revealed Daphne's true identity?!?...

The officer fires his electro gun. A greenish light flash followed by a roaming thunder soon makes everybody scream in fear. Forgetting to keep his female disguise, Stairmount can no longer maintain his emotions, and shouts aloud. "Sir, how can you do such that cruel thing?!"

Slowly, Daphne opens her eyes. She finds an oddity, that is, the absence of scars which should have hurt her body - overall, she is fine. She ventures to look at the officer in front of her, who is pointing his electron gun in another direction. His eyes flash horribly. Mrs. Yalle immediately hugs Daphne, while Stairmount - feels relieved that Daphne is okay - immediately moves closer to that young woman.

"Who is there?" The officer hisses lowly. "Are you the intruder from Neptune?"

His comrade replies. "Let me catch him. Just take care of the refugees here."

The officer returns to his original position, while several other officers quickly run in the targeted direction. He returns to his original duty as well. Daphne clicks on the button of her 'passport' tablet, showing her 'identity page' on a transparent-luminous flying screen. While he examines the identity, then allows her to cross the border.

Copyright © boundless_universe

1