Chapter 27
14 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Using his ultra-cyber minipad number which is registered as a Mercury citizen, Stairmount begins to search for data about what he needs to do when he arrives at Jupiter, such as finding lodging, and so on. He dares not to use his ultra-cyber minipad registered with either the Jupiter or Pluto identities. He feels very grateful for keeping the ultra-cyber minipad number he bought during his last visit to Mercury, which is unexpectedly very useful for things like this. After all, nobody knows about this number because he bought it personally by entering random data, not even the Chrono. He intends to continue using this number when he has been in Jupiter until he can find a new way of telecommunications. So that his traces in the cyber world can't be seen by any Jupiter government authorities. Moreover, there is something very dangerous he will be doing in a moment - Calling his parents.


This is indeed the main reason for him, why he keeps returning to his motherland. Jupiter is indeed a vulnerable place for him since the headquarters of Chrono - his main enemy right now - is currently based there; but after all, Jupiter is the land where he was born and grown-up. He has many foreign friends all over the Planet, but about close friends who are willing to save and protect him when he is in trouble, he is sure that none of them will be willing to do it. Especially those who come from the countries like Saturn and Neptune. For God's sake, he is a member of Chrono, which is highly anticipated by both countries. It must be that his name has been recorded on the most wanted black list there, and if he dares to cross the borderline even only an inch, they will murder him instantly. It is totally different with Jupiter, where he has a complete understanding of the ins and outs, which good people can or are likely to help him, which places are safe to serve as temporary shelters, what he must do to survive, and so on.


And most important. He can meet with his parents again.


It is so strange since Stairmount never feels any kind of longing emotion for his parents before. He only feels about it when he arrived at Pluto for the first time, but that sense of longing only lasted a week. After that, the longing for his parents had completely disappeared. So it is very strange for him to feel this longing again.


Especially towards his father, who totally disagrees with his life choice. His father even takes an extreme path by not accepting the money he gives him.


"I don't want to accept money originated from harming other people," said Mr. Rivers coldly as he returned all the money to his son.


Stairmount protested, "Dad, I've never harmed anyone!"


"How does that organization pay you? By harming other people, right?"


"That's their business. What becomes my concern is, I've never harmed anyone!"


"Then, it becomes my choice not to accept this money."


"Dad, geez... do you always ask your customers, 'Where's your money coming from? If it is from an evil thing, I won't take it?' No, right? Well, I won't do it either!"


"I've no idea about their background. It's different with you, who clearly understands what kind of organization you are in but still chooses to work there."


Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe


Stairmount shook his head in exasperation. He put the envelope containing the money back into his bag. "Well, if you are unwilling to accept it... I won't push you anymore. Just don't call me an unfilial son merely because I don't fulfill my obligations to my parents!"


"You are indeed an unfilial son, for having dared to disobey your parents' orders... and moreover, betray your Ancestors!"


Unfilial son! It is the most humiliating expression according to the culture of ethnic Saturnians... but he is a Jupiterian after all. Who cares about those ancient cultures and customs anymore? The measure of filial piety and unfilial piety, who can do the real measurement for it? As a human, he also has his own principle in his life. How come the measurement of filial piety is by following all orders from his parents, even though it is the bad ones, for the rest of his life? And the strangest stuff. How come the measurement of filial piety is by insisting on being oriented to the country of their ancestors but now not his country anymore? If to be called filial then he must do those absurd things, then he has determined; he will not do it.


The relationship that had been strained before, became more strained when he left for Pluto. He only communicated with his mother, and not his father. His mother was still proud of him no matter what happened, in fact, it was his mother who received the money from his income secretly. And she often sent logistics for him secretly as well.


"Actually, your Daddy is really worried about you, but you know his character, he is so insisted. That's how he is. Hard on the outside, but really soft on the inside."


Stairmount knew that his mother was trying to reconcile him with his father, thus he chose to give this answer, "If he really cares about me, why doesn't he communicate with me?"


"Because of his very strict attitude. Schynn * , you should contact him first. So, call him, okay?"


*) Schynn = Stairmount's name in the Saturnian language, as well as his real name as an ethnic Saturnian, but not shown on his identity card since he is the citizen of Jupiter.


"I've tried, Mom, but he never picked up."


"Oh my gosh, Schynn, I've told you, your Daddy is very busy. Try again, when he is free."


How about me, am I not busy? Stairmount almost uttered that question, but luckily he was able to calm his burning emotions, and quickly swallowed that cynical question into his stomach. He was silent for a few seconds, then continued, "Okay, I'll try later."


In fact, he never tried to contact his father. 

Copyright © boundless_universe

1