Chapter 30
13 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "I can't go to Saturn..."


"Schynn?!?"


"You don't understand... I... uh! I can't go to Saturn at all costs! They will kill me, and it must be!"


"Chill, Schynn. You're too panicky. Alright... return here first, okay. Relax. Chrono won't pursue you right away since they still have a lot of business to do, you're just a minor business rather than their many big problems. So, you still have time. Just come back first. We'll think about it later, after you have relaxed and calmed down." 


"Y... Yes, Dad... but..."


"But, what?"


"You are not angry with me?"


He can hear the sound of a deep breath. "Schynn. You are my son, whatever happens. You are my flesh and blood. No parent on this Planet does not love their own son. Moreover, you are a smart son, and make us - as your parents - proud."


"Proud? You are proud of me?!?"


"All parents will always be proud of their children, no matter what happens, for eternity."


"Dad..." Stairmount chokes. An enormous surge of emotion immediately hit his chest like a big wave crashing. If he hadn't been in a public place, perhaps he would have been crying really hard here and now.


"You are still young, and all of the youths, their mentality is prone to be exploited. That's why they always use students to wreak havoc in the countries they want to mess up. The youths who are pretentious with their idealism are the easiest targets to be harnessed. Same with you. You know, it is not surprising as Chrono gets interested in recruiting you, one of the reasons is because you are still young. That's why they don't recruit the middle-aged people. The middle-aged people are definitely more professional than you, but why do they recruit you, the green young one? Not because you are smarter than them, but because they can't take advantage of the middle-aged people's emotional sentiments so easily. I've expected this from the beginning, and when I found that you are so persistent with your decision, I just hoped that you won't be dragged into danger... but in the end, it still happened anyway." He pauses for a moment. "So, the reason why I disagree with you, isn't because I don't like your life choice. I disagree with you, because I've predicted that it would turn out this way."


"Dad knows... that I will be against them?!?"


"You are actually a very kindhearted boy, Schynn. So how can you have such a cruel heart, to see innocent people die slandered in front of you? I know it very well."


"I am... very kindhearted?!..."


Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe


"You are just desirous to become rich and powerful. And I also understand the reason, because I once stood in the same position as yours before. It becomes the main reason why I have the guts to leave the village and migrate to Jupiter. So, I understand your reasons very well. Maybe what makes the difference is Fate. When I migrated to Jupiter, my status was just a low-paid brute. While you are studying at a good school. Then when I started to live a stable life - and just at the level of a merchant in an ordinary shop - I had been old enough to have a full understanding of the real society. Unlike you, who are not yet emotionally mature, but have gained such great achievement in science. Even at this age, the higher-ups that I've ever met are only the Head of the Sub-District, and that's because I am going to administer a shop permit. I'll never meet with an organization like Chrono, let alone be recruited by them. But you have achieved all of this at a very young age. That's why I understand the fiery of your immature youthful emotions, and the true reason why you are against me."


"Dad..."


"But I still try to warn you. Maybe I do something wrong, nevertheless, I am just a rude person who can't elegantly express my thoughts. So, how can I be angry with you?


"Dad... don't say that... it's not your fault... it is definitely my fault!"


"Okay... don't waste time arguing about this. When will your rocket take off?"


"About two hours later."


"Alright. We've talked for quite a long time. We'd better finish this conversation. You can rest assured, you know that you have a place to settle down, and we know that you are safe. About the rest, we'll discuss it after you return home, okay?"


"Okay, Dad... see you..."


"Take care of yourself."


Stairmount disconnects the call. Then he leans himself against the glass wall behind him since he feels drained in a sudden.


Yes, suddenly, he feels severely languid. But the languid feeling can emerge because of a strange sensation - a sense of relief. He is very relieved, he is sure that he has got a safe protection. Yes, other people will definitely laugh at his way of thinking - thinks that he is fond of taking refuge behind his parents - and will accuse him as an immature person. Especially in Jupiter, where everyone is so independent that they don't even need parents, they will insult him harshly if they find out about this. But he doesn't care. This feeling of relief is so enormous it drowns all negativity inside his mind. 


The feeling that, his family is waiting for him, longing for him to come home and gather with them again.


Stairmount grits his teeth. This should not make him an excuse to be indulged, instead, he should be motivated to find a better way to solve his problem.


He continues his work with his ultra-cyber minipad again. Until finally the time to board the rocket has come, and he is forced to stop his work because there is no internet connection at the rocket's altitude.

Copyright © boundless_universe

1