Chapter 32
14 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The jet train moves forward as if it is splitting the wind. The train is designed in such a way that passengers will not get bored when spending time on their trip from Pearl to Tiara. Generally, those who go there will not like their destination since Tiara is a capital where everything located there is related to government institutions, so coming to that place means they have to deal with something serious. The situation is contrast with the passengers in the jet train in the opposite direction as they are all very excited to go to Pearl, which is filled with lots of fancy areas such as shopping malls, department stores, etc. It is the same with the jet train they are boarding, most of the passengers look serious, and some of them are working with their cyber minipads, or having their faces immersed in the documents they are reading. The relaxed faces are those who are sleeping. The conversation is carried out in a low voice, and with a very serious tone.

Likewise with the chat talked by Daphne, Mrs. Yalle, and Stairmount.

However, in contrast to the other passengers, the tone of their conversation sounds pleasant. Because Stairmount has just provided great information for both of them.

"James, my best friend, works in the department of foreign affairs. I've known him for a very long time, he is an incredible man, possesses wide connections, and more than that, he is a very nice person, I can guarantee it. He knows clearly about your problems, and he said, he has been in contact with those who might be able to help you at the Pluto embassy. I have confidence in his abilities, so your problems will be resolved soon."

Daphne listens to Stairmount's sentences in silence, her mind wondering whether there is a member possessing a kindhearted heart in Chrono. No... don't say that. You are wrong, Daphne. Mr. Rivers is the member of Chrono, and he is as kindhearted as an angel. You can't just make such a careless accusation!...

"Thank you very much, Mr. Rivers. You've done too much for us... You are a real angel sent by God to save us..." Mrs. Yalle says affectionately. "I really have no idea, what should we do to return your favor..."

"Never mind, Ma'am. As human beings, we do have to help each other."

"But I never meet anyone who possesses such a kindhearted heart like you, not even our fellowmen..."

"Because they don't have the ability to give help for this issue. So, it is not that they don't want to give help."

"No..." Mrs. Yale falls silent. Even from the time when they were boarding the plane, she had been tempted to ask about this. But on the other hand, she also got afraid to ask about it. This question is too risky. It is indeed very interesting to be asked, and she really wants to know the answer, but if something wrong happens, the result will be fatal by Stairmount becoming antipathy with them, and in the end, they'll lose any support in this alien country.

"Why do you do so much for Daphne?"

The first to be surprised by that question is Daphne. She immediately turns her face, which turns red from shock, towards her mother. Mrs. Yalle herself doesn't expect to ask this question she has been hiding for a long time, either. At that time she is about to return the question swallowing into her stomach, but that sparkling desire suddenly becomes so enormous. After all, she is a mother. She knows that her daughter has been falling in love with her lecturer who has now become her savior. Daphne is indeed an introverted woman, it is not easy for her to be outgoing, and that's why even though she is beautiful, she has never had any relationship with the opposite sex. And she also has a nature, that is, easy to focus on something, once she has been immersed in her interest - medical science - then she will ignore other people; this nature makes it even more difficult for her to get in touch with others, let alone with men. So she is inexperienced in love relationships and thus has no knowledge about men and love. Besides, Stairmount has not shown his feelings openly even until now.

Daphne just feels embarrassed to ask, but I know she's almost going crazy with that feeling... in order to end this vicious cycle, and my daughter gets so frustrated with this unresolved dilemma, I'd better get it done. I am her mother, and I have the right to ask such questions. For Daphne's happiness!

Copyright ยฉ๏ธ by boundless_universe

Daphne herself, is now blinking nervously. She automatically feels her heart beating twice as fast as before. And she glances to the other side by instinct, to avoid meeting Stairmount's eyes, as she feels so embarrassed and nervous. She knows very clearly about the true purpose of Mrs. Yalle by asking this question. Anger soon floods her vein. But the question has been asked, and in this kind of situation, there is no place for her to escape from this irrepressible feeling of shame. She clutches her hands tightly, looking furiously at Mrs. Yalle, while the middle-aged woman is now gazing at Stairmount, her eyes are full of seriousness.

Stairmount himself, seems to get surprised as being questioned by Mrs. Yalle. But the look of surprise on his face only appears for a moment. He looks normal when he replies, "If I didn't help Daphne, then I don't deserve to be called a human on this earth."

It is now Mrs. Yalle who gets surprised by Stairmount's answer, as if he is confirming that his main reason is no more than purely humanitarian reason. "Really?..."

"Certainly." Stairmount nods his head firmly.

Mrs. Yalle is still dissatisfied with Stairmount's answer. She continues to observe the young man for quite a long time, her brain is busy trying to find another question to continue the question which results in an unexpected answer. But, she finds nothing suitable, other than, "Then I really have to thank God, for sending His angel to save our lives, that is, you."

"You just flatter me," Stairmount replies humbly.

Mrs. Yalle forces a smile, inwardly disappointed by Stairmount's answer. She begins to think that she has made the wrong analysis. On the other hand, Daphne gazes at Stairmount with a strange look. Previously Daphne avoids eye contact with Stairmount, but now she does the opposite - gazing at Stairmount with rounded eyes, without even blinking. Daphne does so, since Stairmount's answer startles her. She doesn't even understand why she should be surprised. Or perhaps, because I expect him to say something all women expect from a man? And because he doesn't say it, then I get surprised?...

On the other hand, Stairmount gets stunned by Daphne's attitude, since she keeps staring at him without blinking. Daphne's gaze unexpectedly allures him with a strange sensation it incites a slight blush on his cheeks. And then, prompting him to arch a wide smile at that young who is disguised as a man at that time.

When seeing the change in the Stairmount's facial expression, Mrs. Yalle, whose heart is filled with disappointment, feels that her spirit regenerated. Because she realizes that, she doesn't make the wrong guess.

And his feeling for my daughter is pure and genuine. Now Daphne appears as a man, also with an uninteresting look, but he can display that kind of expression, then it means he is not a man who is crazy about women just because of her beauty. I hope my feelings speak the truth. That... I can entrust Daphne to him.

Copyright ยฉ boundless_universe

1