Chapter 37
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It isn't just Stairmount who gets choked on James' words. Daphne is also made choked by Mrs. Yalle's statement.

"From my observation, he does like you. So, you aren't suffering from unrequited love."

Being engrossed in looking at one of the elegantly branded black dresses previously, Daphne immediately chokes. "H... how can you say that?!?"

"From the way he cares for you." Mrs. Yalle continues. "And, after I analyze more details, he is the same type as you - someone who doesn't easily express his true feelings. I guess, he has never had any experience with women before..."

"A Jupiterian has never had any dating experience? Impossible. Moreover, his face is far from ugly, he must have had at least one experience with women!..."

"It is what I feel, but I am sure, I make the right guess. Because, his attitude toward you is actually the same way you treat him. And you've never had a relationship with the opposite sex, right? He and you are actually similar. He is an expert in medical science, and you also really like medical science. So, maybe he is the same as you, who's been busy with his own world all this time? And when having a relationship with the opposite sex, then getting no idea about what to do?"

Daphne turns her eyes from the high-class black dress she was looking at earlier. This topic is certainly more interesting for her to discuss. "When I watch Jupiter movies, the Jupiterians are not only easy to date, they are even easy to have sex with someone they just know for a day or even for hours. So, your statement really sounds weird to me. It sounds like he is not a Jupiterian, instead, he is more like a Neptunian who hold firm to ethics? That's why I said, it is strange, and impossible."

"But one of my relatives said that most Jupiter movie is full of fabrication. And that is inevitably true. For example, in Jupiter's movie, the buildings are all cool and luxurious, but the reality? We've found a lot of poor settlements, right? The movies show that Jupiterians are rich, but there are a lot of homeless people sleeping on the streets, right? Don't use movies as a benchmark since we know nothing about the reality. You don't know other Jupiterians besides Mr. Rivers, do you?"

"You're right..." Daphne has no choice but to agree with her mother.

"So in my opinion, you have a reserved personality, and so is he. If this keeps up, your relationship with him will be stagnant. Someone must dare to open the veil."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Daphne suddenly understands one hundred percent of what Mrs. Yalle means. And, it soon makes the face turn scarlet. "What... so... you want me???..."

Responding to Daphne's nervousness, Mrs. Yalle nods, full of earnestness.

"I..." Being in a chaotic mood due to her surprise at Mrs. Yalle's unexpected suggestion, Daphne suddenly gets another surprise. The horrendous speeches of the beautiful and attractively dressed women on the podium immediately catch her attention, as well as Mrs. Yalle's.

"Are they Plutonians? They support the war victims at Pluto?" Mrs. Yalle pays close attention to the girl who is speaking in a fiery tone.

"But they don't look like Plutonians? They just have bright hair and Jupitune faces, but they are not Plutonians?" Daphne asks again.

Squinting at the site where the group of reporters and cameramen gather, Mrs. Yalle replies stiffly, "I think I know the reason why they do that, even though they're not Plutonians..."

"Yes. I also know the reason." Daphne replies, also in a stiff manner. She keeps paying attention to the women who are now waving their hands happily, to the audience busy cheering, and to the flashing lights that shine dazzlingly. She then takes another look at her surroundings, which have been deserted since almost everyone has been swarmed on the podium, with only a few left.

Daphne grunts, then returns to her original activity, looking at the branded dresses in silence. Mrs. Yalle follows in her footsteps.

Copyright © boundless_universe

1