Chapter 39
15 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mr. Rivers, in your opinion, what does actually ethnicity mean?"

Daphne's question which turns out to be far different from what is inside his mind right now makes Stairmount even more flabbergasted. "Ethnicity?..."

"Yes. Why do people always talk about Blood. Always mention Status. Ethnicity, and Nationality. These four things, people always compare them, always look for the contradictions, and always get into quarrels and even war and sufferings because of them." Daphne turns her gaze at the dark night sky covered in overcast winter clouds, while Stairmount momentarily loses her enchanting gaze. "Like me. Who am I? A Plutonian, or a Neptunian? In Neptune, I will be called a Plutonian. My identity card states that my nationality is Pluto. But Pluto's Deputy Ambassador rejects me instead. He said, I am a Neptunian..." Daphne pauses for a moment, loses in deep thought. "So actually, who am I? In fact, what type of person am I?"

"Actually... I have the similar experience, Daphne."

Daphne quickly turns her eyes from the night sky, and gets back to Stairmount who stares back at her, his eyes full of seriousness.

"Who am I, actually? A Jupiterian, or a Saturnian? I was born and grows up on Jupiter and not Saturn, I can only speak Jupiterian language, but unable to speak Saturnian language. My identity card states that I am a Jupiterian, so Saturn will definitely call me Jupiterian. But do you know? Jupiter people call me, Saturn people, just because of my hair and eyes. And even, many Jupiterians insult me ​​and launch racist campaigns due to the anti-Saturn sentiment that has recently swept through Jupiter."

"Do... does it really what happens?!" Daphne keeps her mouth wide open in disbelief. "Then, it's the same as what the Pluto government does to ethnic Neptunian?!?..."

Stairmount nods. "Blood, Status, Ethnicity, and Nationality. Those are the things we can't ask for as we wish. Who wants to be born in a country as a hated race? Of course, we want to be the race who is respected there, right? But, we can't choose it. So, what can we do? What can we do to live a peaceful and happy life?"

Stairmount stops. Waiting for the answer from Daphne.

" ... He and you are actually similar..."


" ... He is the same type as you..."

"Mr. Rivers. We are actually similar, aren't we?"

Once again, Stairmount is stunned at Daphne's reply, since it is really beyond his expectations.

"Neptune is very close to Saturn, right? They are close friends. I hear about their news every day from MessageGroups. The whole world is turning against Neptune, Neptune is fighting alone against pressure from 40 big countries, and no one dares to help him for fear of being antagonized. But, there is only one big country that dares to support him. And he, is Saturn." Daphne said seriously. "If we give up our citizenships. If we are no longer affected by birth data, passports, and other documentation. Then I will be a Neptunian, and you will be a Saturnian - that means, we are close friends, who will always help each other, and always be undaunted regardless of any pressure from the entire Planet."

Stairmount blinks. It is really out of his expectation, such kinds of sentences can come out from the lips of this early 20s young girl. It is indeed not a sentence that any youth can easily express. These kinds of sentences, can only be said by those who have experienced the ups and downs, the bitterness of life.

"Thank you for being such a good friend, by willing to help this miserable Neptunian." Daphne curves a smile full of earnestness and sincerity.

Then, she lies her head down, leaning on Stairmount's shoulder.

Yes, thank you Mr. Rivers, for helping me and my mother. I am a woman, who will always fall for the heroes in their lives. I love you, Mr. Rivers. And my love is real, very deep, and sincere. All I hope is only one. I hope... that you will accept it.

Stairmount himself, now feels that his mind is trapped in turmoil. He has just been very disturbed by James' suggestion to cut ties with Daphne, but unexpectedly, this moment happens. Yes, Stairmount immediately understands that Daphne is expressing her feelings, through physical contact. How can't he be disturbed? Perhaps, it is he who falls in love with Daphne first, Daphne just falls in love with him after everything he has done to her. It is just that, it is really difficult for him to express his feelings because - once again, as Mrs. Yalle said - he is a quiet and reserved young man. Too focused on achieving success and a high career that he becomes ignorant and clumsy in everything. So, how can he have any experience, let alone capability, to seduce and beguile women? And now. Daphne has openly expressed her feelings, how can he just pass up this tit-for-tat?

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Sorry, James. I can't take your advice. Whatever happens. After all, I'm ready to die for what you call stupidity.


So, I have been soaked in this intoxicating bliss. Then let me be drunk in this bliss. Don't bother and disturb me anymore.

Stairmount wraps his arms around Daphne's shoulders, and squeezes her passionately. Then he pulls Daphne deep into his embrace.

The winter night which is covered in gloomy clouds has now become full of warmth. It has washed away all anxiety, sadness, and misery.

All of that negativities, have been driven away, by a much greater warmth of love.

Copyright © boundless_universe

1