Chapter 59
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At 5.45 PM, Daphne goes alone to Block B. She doesn't tell Mrs. Yalle that it was Damien who just sent the message, because she is certain that her mother would not like the young man as well as the activities he is involved in. After all, she is the only one Damien invites, so if her mother's hunch is true, that it is really a dangerous community, then let her bear all this alone. And thank goodness, I've always been in disguise every time I was with Stairmount. If I get caught, Stairmount will not be involved. Therefore, by lying to Mrs. Yalle that she wants to see the streets' condition in the evening, Daphne heads for the block which is evidently not too far from her house.

When Daphne arrives at her destination, she doesn't directly enter inwards. She is quite confused by the appearance of this building - it really looks the same as an ordinary house, neither too small nor too big, but one thing is for sure; it is apparently not enough to accommodate all the participants registered in the community. That's why she is worried that she has come to the wrong place. Because of that, she then decides to contact Damien first.

A few minutes later, a beautiful young girl with Neptunian and Lismesan mixed faces opens the door. "You've come to the right place, Miss, don't worry. Please come in," She speaks in Neptunian.

When Daphne enters the living room, she finds that ten people have gathered there. Including Damien.

There are elderly, adults, teenagers, women, and men. But, they are inevitably not as many as Daphne thought when she saw the group's participants in the MessageGroup. It consists of hundreds of people there.

"Welcome, Daphne." Damien quickly approaches Daphne. Then introduce her to the community. "Let me introduce, this is Daphne Yalle. She is my college friend who also comes from Sapphire. And she lives in Emerald."

Daphne greets them all politely, and replies to them kindly.

"Your mom isn't with you?" Damien asks.

Daphne shakes her head. "Mom is not feeling well," She tells a lie.

"Ouch... well, we should maintain our health carefully. Moreover, we have just migrated to a country whose climate is different from ours." An aged man joins in.

 "You're absolutely right, Sir. Now Daphne, let me introduce you to Mr. Michael, the originator of the Neptunian-Plutonian community-based in Jupiter."

Daphne greets politely. Mr. Michael replies to her kindly.

Mr. Michael takes over the conversation, "Alright. For our new members, Daphne and Richard," He turns to a sangria-violet-haired man who is seemingly younger than Daphne. "This is a new forum for us ethnic Neptunians who have migrated to Emerald. All ethnic Neptunians have planned to create a community for ethnic Neptunians who fled to other countries. So, this kind of community also exists in other countries. Our purpose is, to help Neptunian immigrants go hand in hand with each other, so as not to feel lonely and abandoned in a foreign place. If someone is in trouble, then we can give them help. Our hope is, we can adjust to our new country, as soon as possible."

"So, how's it going? Any difficulties you encounter?" Mr. Michael asks.

The Neptunian-Lismesan girl speaks up, "Sir, my sister has a fever, we want to take her to a doctor, but no one in our family can speak the Jupiterian language. Can you help us?"

"Oh, that's an easy matter, Claire. Rico had good grades in the Jupiterian language when he was in high school. He can certainly help you."

Rico, a man in his 30s, grins. "I am only capable of Reading and Writing, Sir, but not in speaking, because I still use Neptunian or Plutonian language on a daily basis. So... don't expect too much."

"You'll definitely get much progress, because it isn't that you can't speak Jupiterian. You are just not used to talking in Jupiterian, because you never use it. So do we. As time goes on, we'll definitely become fluent in Jupiterian."

Then, the next person tells their problem, to which the community members soon respond with a helping hand. But most of them tell about their own experience. How they evacuated, and how they could migrate here. Some of them even tell about miscellaneous things. Every now and then they giggle and even laugh out loud as somebody tells a funny story.

So good, this community isn't like Mom thinks it is. Ah, they will certainly not launch any dangerous moves, let alone fight against the Jupiter government. After all, we are just refugees!...

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

"Hey, I just watched the afternoon news. The Delegation Team of Jupiter Department of Health flies to Diadem. Now Jupiter intends to cooperate with Saturn?"

The one who asked just now was Rico. This sentence immediately provokes some excited responses from the others.

"Jupiter and Saturn always fight like cat and dog, right? Why are they hand in hand right now?" Mr. Michael chimes in.

"That's right, it should be Neptune which is in partnership with Saturn. Or does Jupiter have a hidden purpose? Maybe they want to have Saturn beat Neptune?"

"Wow, Jupiter is so cunning, then! After always intimidating Saturn, now they do nicely for some reason! But, will Saturn accept that?"

"After all, Jupiter needs friends to suppress Neptune. That's why they are trying as hard as possible to take Saturn at their sides. Now they choose a Saturnian-Jupiterian as the leader of the delegation team, it's clear that their goal is to win Saturn's trust!"

Hearing Stairmount being mentioned, Daphne shifts her body forward, automatically becoming closer to the speaker.

"But it can be a very good strategy. As far as I know, Saturn always likes when everything about them is appreciated by other nations. So, the possibility that Saturn becomes willing to help them beat Neptune is much higher."

No... that's not what they really want, Daphne speaks to herself.

"But anyway, about the Saturnian-Jupiterian delegation leader... I think, I've ever heard of him..." Rico says again.

Daphne can feel her heart pounding hard. On the other hand, Damien joins in the conversation. "Ah, about Mr. Rivers, I also know him. He was one of our lecturers when we were taking internships at the hospital in Sapphire. He is also Daphne's lecturer. Isn't that right, Daphne?"

Suddenly being asked that way, Daphne's heart is beating even faster. She forces her facial expression to look cool as she answers, "... that's right..."

"It is really out of my expectation, he is evidently an influential person! Really different with his mediocre appearance last time." Damien utters again, "But how did you hear about him?"

"Wait, let me remember... yes!... Stairmount Rivers was the chief researcher at Mist Laboratory. My father used to work there. Wow, there was a big scandal at that time."

"Really? Mr. Rivers had taken office as the chief researcher at Mist laboratory? Wow, I've never heard about this..." Damien clicks his tongue.

"Big scandal? How can it be, a Jupiterian could take office as the chief researcher in Mist laboratory and then stirred a big scandal?" Mr. Michael asks in great curiosity.

"I don't remember about the full scene... At that time, a big case occurred, between Rivers and the physician-scientists. If I'm not mistaken, the physician-scientists were also ethnic Neptunians. These physician-scientists argued and even got angry with Rivers, but after that, I don't get an idea about it."

"Wow, that's crazy! I've never thought that there is a connection between the Delegation Team Leader of Jupiter Health Department and the Mist laboratory. But you don't remember how it ended?"

"About that, I have to ask my father..."

The conversation about Stairmount is cut off here, and switches to another topic. But Daphne's mind doesn't follow the flow of their topic shift at all; she is still stuck on the topic of Stairmount. The problem is, it doesn't seem like a good thing.

" ... Maybe if you trace me further, you'll find some of my characters that you hate..."

When the meeting is finally over, and all of the members are saying goodbye to each other to return home, Daphne approaches Rico.

"Rico, I'd like to ask you about something..." Daphne gulps, "... is your father also in Emerald?..."

"Oh, yes..."

"Rico, can I... meet with your father?"

"That's fine... But, can you tell me about the reason..."

"What you told me just now was very interesting, the one about the Mist lab earlier."

"Really?"

"Yes," Daphne nods. "Because, my Dad had ever worked in Mist lab, too."

Copyright © boundless_universe

0