Chapter 64
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daphne steps towards a small restaurant specializing in serving Neptune dishes. Recently she always talks with Stairmount in Jupiterian language, so she's sure that she has become fluent in Jupiterian language, proven by the rarity of the word "eeer..." to come out when she speaks. She has submitted the application even before Stairmount goes to Saturn, and this time, she comes to do the interview. The interview is a formality after all, since all they need is a cashier and waitress, only mediocre skills are required for that position, as long as the applicant can speak simple Jupiterian language, he or she will be soon accepted.

"You can straightly work right at this moment," says the owner of the restaurant, who is an elderly man in his 60s. Called Mr. Finns, the owner is thin but not too tall, however, he is still as agile as the man whose age is much younger than him.

"Thank you very much, Mr. Finns," Daphne says politely.

"But, to be honest, we can't give you a high salary. Sales are down at this moment."

"Uh, why?"

"Since Neptune attacked Pluto, and Jupiter and the countries of the Nature Continent launch so many detentions on Neptune under the pretext of humanitarian and compassion, lots of anti-Neptune have been spreading rapidly. And it has also affected restaurants that sell Neptunian dishes, for example, our restaurant."

"So... no customers come?"

"We still have customers. But they are all Neptunian people, as well as the immigrants from the countries of Aurora Continent who still have good relations with Neptune. As for those from other nations, it's very minimal in number. Especially from the people of the Nature Continent, don't even expect them to come here."

The main door is opened. Two elderly men and women with two toddlers enter inwards. The elderly woman soon orders food in Neptunian language.

Daphne immediately springs out of her seat. "Let me serve them, Sir!" She thus greets the elderlies in a friendly manner, and quickly prepares their orders. Seeing that Daphne is so diligent in her work, Mr. Finns smiles happily.

They can hear a loud noise from outside the restaurant. A few seconds later, a group of youngsters carrying a large #PenalizeNeptune banner is standing in front of the restaurant door which has been opened due to being kicked violently.

"Neptune invades Pluto, they have committed a great crime against humanity. Therefore, it must be punished to become a deterrent. Seal all of Neptune's capital! Shut down all Neptune's businesses!"

Mr. Finns immediately protests, "Hey, come on! We are the citizens of Jupiter!"

"We don't get your point. Only one thing we know; Everything related to Neptune must be sealed!"

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

"What the blue devil is going on here?! We are in an independent country, we are free to work as long as we still obey the law!... What are you guys doing?!?!?"

Now the mass is destroying the benches and tables. The elderly customers and toddlers scream and soon run away.

"Close this place immediately or we'll ruin everything!" The mass leader shouts.

The mass is getting fiercer. Having no other choice, Mr. Finns puts a 'Closed' sign in front of the door, he really tries his best to master his rage. The mass brandishes their #PenalizeNeptune board high and spins it around as if they are waving a victory sign, then walk away in an arrogant manner.

"Sir..." Daphne approaches Mr. Finns, he is now bowing his head down in desperation. "Sir... so... this restaurant... does it really close?!?"

"I've already heard about this movement. Many Jupiter higher-ups make it difficult for the Neptunian businessmen in the sectors of export and import it then incites the impact of an economical crisis, but then they blame Neptune for this. This is like the coming of fresh air for those who adhere to extreme ethnocentrism to suppress everything related to Neptune and Neptunians. Under the pretext of punishing Neptune for committing crimes against humanity, they thus carry out this movement."

"But, you are the citizen of Jupiter..."

"They turn their heads away from that fact." Mr. Finns shakes his head. "They wouldn't bother themselves to comprehend this fact, because their narrow mind has been only focusing on punishing Neptune, full stop. Ouch, now I know the reason why they warned me not to migrate to Jupiter, ouch... how can I work, then..."

"You can't let it go on. You have to report it to the police."

Daphne turns her head to the direction where the voice coming from, and also Mr. Finns. A woman with long, wavy carnation-pink hair and a beautiful-but-stern face is leaning against the wall, her hands are crossed on her chest.

"Ah, how can we do this! Last time, my colleague was also attacked this way. He complained to the police, but, the police expelled him rudely instead!"

The woman turns her beautiful-but-stern face and looks straight at the two of them. "Then we must change the law by ourselves."

"Eh, what do you mean?!?"

"We hack the police computer data, and with that strategy, we threaten them to solve your case."

"How can you say it so easily?! Who are you, actually?!?"

"Me?" The woman smiles mysteriously. "Just call me Payneth. Many Jupiter powerful and super-elite organizations have been well acquainted with me, and some of them are even afraid of me. Because I am their main scourge when it comes to hacking their important data."

Copyright © boundless_universe

0