Chapter 68
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But this time Daphne isn't lying. She does go to the house of Mr. Finns, who becomes her ex-boss right now, since his restaurant has been closed permanently due to the anti-Neptune movement. As for her being an important eyewitness in that incident, so she must participate in the deal for it.

"We'll do it at your house, Mr. Finns. Your house will become the best place to punish those bastards."

Payneth approaches a cyber computer in the living room and fiddles with it, while Mr. and Mrs. Finns - not knowing about what they have to do - just watch Payneth works in silence.

Right at that moment, Daphne comes.

"Ah, come in, Daphne!" Mr. Finns gives a friendly welcome. Daphne nods her head politely, then approaches the busy-working Payneth. "Good afternoon, Ms. Payneth."

Payneth doesn't turn her focus away from the screen as she responds, "You come at the right time. I am just about to write down the chronology."

"Okay. Please, Miss."

Payneth then interviews Mr. Finns and Daphne one by one, and they both give answers in turn. The tempo of their speaking when telling the chronology is quite fast, but Payneth can keep up with their speed perfectly. She keeps focusing her eyes straight on the cyber monitor while sending the telepathic words-typing there. Her expression is very serious - in a split second, she seems terrifying.

Suddenly, Payneth smiles. "I have disgraced the name of the Jupiter Police by letting this anti-Neptune case go viral internationally."

Mr. Finns looks shocked, "Eh?!?... Then it means... we're going to be viral... because of this?!?" He looks pale, fright masters all of his mind. So does Daphne. She can't help but be automatically worried. What if this matter goes viral in Saturn and Stairmount finds out about her involvement?

"No, Sir. Neither you nor Daphne will be viral. Even the name of your restaurant won't be famous, either. Only the case which will go viral."

"That's good..." Mr. Finns breathes a sigh of relief, and so does Daphne. "But... will it help my restaurant to reopen? If there is no evidence, they will surely accuse your story of being a hoax?"

"It won't be. Because, it is Chrono who tells about it."

"Chrono?..." Mr. Finns seemingly doesn't know about that super-elite organization. Nevertheless,  Chrono's whereabouts are not commonly known publicly, so the commoners will know nothing about them if they haven't connection with important people, or don't often listen to political news. On the other hand, Daphne is immediately taken aback, surprise thunders down on her.

"Well... to put it simply, it's a super elite organization in Jupiter. It is so elite and exclusive that not just anybody knows about them. But the higher-ups certainly know their famous name... and are very respectful of any statement they make."

"What?!?" They all jump in surprise. Payneth smiles. "If it is the highest orders - let alone the ones they've been worshipping for all this time - who make it go viral, then everyone will believe it, and no proof is even needed for it. Right? That's one of the important aspects of human psychology we need to understand."

"But... how do you do that?!?"

"I tell you, Chrono gets well acquainted with me, and is also very afraid of me. They always evade, saying that they always manage to beat me, but actually, they're the ones who lost."

"Miss Payneth... actually, who are you?"

"I am sorry. I can't tell you."

"Are you Enigma???" Enigma is Neptune's intelligence agency which is very well known throughout the Planet.

Instead of answering, Payneth just smiles meaningfully. She turns off the cyber monitor. "Alright! We'll wait for further developments. But from the level of the statistical trend I've noticed at a glance, it seems that in a few days you'll be able to reopen your restaurant, Mr. Finns." She springs out of her seat and steps towards the main door. "Excuse me."

Both Mr. and Mrs. Finns escort Payneth out of their house as a token of their immense gratitude. "We are truly indebted to you, Miss!"

"No need to be so uneasy. As Neptunians, we should help each other." Then Payneth turns around, and walks away.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Payneth is walking fast enough that Daphne has to chase after her until she is out of breath. "Miss Payneth! Please wait a moment!..."

Payneth turns around. Standing straight in front of her, Daphne is now looking at her with hopeful eyes. "What is it?"

"Um... Miss..." Daphne tries to control her gasping breaths, along with her heart which is pounding so fast. "You're really amazing!... You can mock Chrono the super elite organization so easily!"

"Thanks for your compliment."

"Um... if you don't mind... may I ask you a question or two?..."

"Which matter?"

"May I ask you, about the way to hack Chrono documentation..." Daphne gulps. "Especially to diminish the data of their victim."

Copyright © boundless_universe

0