Chapter 71
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, am I right, Mr. Landlord? It's more possible for them to threaten me by doing murder. As for now, they try to repel us by pointing gun rockets at us." Stairmount informs Mr. Landlord about that incident. "They're so mad at us. So, we have no other choice. Instead of losing our lives, of course, we'd better return back."

Inevitably, this incident incites a great shock in Stairmount's mind. To be honest, he never thought that his comments in his previous training session turns out to come true - that Saturn has the heart to act without mercy, when they reach this point, Saturn is even more terrifying than Jupiter.  So at first, he is really shocked when he sees that fact with his own eyes. However, suddenly a kind of thought enters his mind, and this thought brings a great delight for him. "And you say, they wouldn't dare to kill me for fear of confronting Jupiter. But now, they even dare to point their guns toward six members of the Jupiter Health Department delegation team. And they do that in daytime, in an official government meeting room. So, what should we do? There's no other choice for us but to return to Jupiter, right?"

Yes, Stairmount is exceedingly blissful. This valiant act of the Saturn government turns out to free him from this cursed task. It is totally not his fault, he has done the task he is supposed to do, but who would have thought that it will end up this way? Stairmount's heart sings merrily. Soon, he would be free from all this, goes back home, and meets with his parents who are completely free at last, and after that, marries Daphne. He will live a free and happy life, soon afterward.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

"No. Don't get panic. Just stay there, and do as instructed before."

Mr. Landlord says in a flat tone,  it is difficult to guess, what actually the meaning of his voice tone is. Stairmount's pupils soon turn huge. His voice gets hoarse as he asks, "Mr. Landlord? How come?!..."

"This is not my own will, Mr. Rivers. This is an order from the higher-ups, that you must remain there." Mr. Landlord says again. "Don't get panic easily, your attitude is really in contrast with the true attitude of Chrono members. Instead of being the grumpy one, you even should calm your panicking and scared team members. Remember, this problem is not only related to you, not only related to the five other members of your team, either. We are all involved in this incident. But this is actually good news for you, there will be many parties who will intervene to help you solve this problem. Saturn government dares to point their rocket guns at you? Then we'll send an armada of our fiercest battleships to Saturn, we will aim our best cannons straight at their heart of defense."

Stairmount's excitement subsides in an instant, and is replaced by disappointment, as well as anger. These people want only war, war, and war. Instead of thinking about the safety of their citizens, they even stir things much worsen by igniting war. And the strangest fact ever exists is, why are people like this instead destined to rule a country?! God knows... I know totally nothing about that... "Sir, do you know that Pamela is staying at Dominique's house because she is afraid to live alone due to the threat from the Saturn military? We are just ordinary people, Sir, we are healthcare workers, we can't stand such kind of battle which is full of tension, especially when they've pointed weapons..."

"But as far as I know, you're not just anyone."

Stairmount is startled. Why does Mr. Landlord keep insisting that he must stay in such kind of dangerous area despite everything? "You've trained in military academy for 1 year, and it's also not a mediocre academy, but directly under Jupiter National Forces. You've been well-trained in handling weapons as well as fighting techniques. Also, didn't you dare to make trouble with the military soldiers in Sapphire before? Then now, just because you want to run away from your duty, you pretend dumb and deny all of that? You'd rather be a loser who can give up easily? I won't allow that happens."

Stairmount grits his teeth, furious. Meanwhile, Mr. Landlord continues, "Because you understand very well about the military, you have to protect and defend all of them. Let them settle down, say that this won't last long. And I suggest, discuss diplomatically with Saturn government, say that the Mist laboratory issue is just a misunderstanding..."

"But, Sir, they won't believe it!..."

"If they don't want to hear your advice, then we just threaten them by using war and battleships. Saturn is unwilling to war, it is Neptune who declares the war, but they have already got overwhelmed. Just wait and see, you will be able to have the meeting with them again as usual in the near future, without any military intervention. So there's no reason to return back. Do a good job, for the sake of your country."

Finally, Stairmount says forcefully, "Alright... Mr. Landlord."

"I'll end this call, I still have many other things to do."

"It's okay, Mr. Landlord. Goodbye."

The call has been disconnected. And after that, Stairmount falls into total silence. His hurtful brain, which was filled with various kinds of chaotic feelings before, finally explodes, and leaves totally nothing in it.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0