Chapter 74
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stairmount looks out the rocket window which is taking him to Bracelet, one of the biggest provinces in Saturn located in the southern area, where his relatives live. He is forced to take a rocket since it is much faster than taking the jet train which can take almost all day, while he doesn't have enough time at this moment. This is also one of the reasons he doesn't like to meet with his parents' relatives, and why his parents don't force him to realize the courtesy, either, since the distance from Diadem to Bracelet is too far, from the northernmost to the southernmost. But he knows, it is impossible for him to ask for help from his Saturn-citizen fellows who have also graduated from Millennium University. Saturn government has issued its instructions of dispelling him blatantly, who dares to go against their own government and risk their citizenship just to help a friend? So, once again, the only one who can help him is his family. As conclusion, he is forced to meet with them, as he has explained to his parents earlier.

"Because Jupiter is accused of being a promoter of the lab on Pluto which does research in pathogens, Saturn government becomes suspicious of Jupiter they even accuse Jupiter of spreading Ramscal Pathogen, while I've never heard of it, and know about it just because of their accusations. I want to investigate, what Pathogen Ramscal really is. But now I have no access to research it since the Saturn government has expelled us. Getting worse, the Jupiter government orders me to keep staying here. I have no choice. I want to ask uncle and auntie, what Ramscal Pathogen is."

"There's one thing I want to ask you, Schynn." Unexpectedly, it was his father who replied. "Do you really create biological weapons in Pluto?"

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

Stairmount's heart hammered in his chest. Damn, Dad also believes in that hoax. "Dad!..."

"Mist lab is researching pathogens, isn't it?"

"Y... yes!..."

"And you are the chief researcher there. So, you have created that pathogen? Create a biological weapon?"

Stairmount's stomach clunched. It turns out that, even his own father suspects him! But after all, he couldn't blame him... that's true, he creates a biological weapon, but only Sierra Pathogen, not Ramscal Pathogen or any other pathogens.

But still, his heart hurt since it was his own father who asked that question. Even his father's voice was filled with the desperation of him, as if he is the most despicable person on this Planet.

"Dad... about pathogens, we just make research about them. We do research, so the samples of diseases will be found there, it's normal. If we find HFP or Fuxa Pathogen in a hospital which treats patients suffering from HFP or Fuxa, then it means that the hospital creates  HFP or Fuxa? Totally nonsense, Dad!"

*) HFP = Heart Failure Pathogen.

"Schynn, I just want to tell you one important thing." Mr. Rivers' voice sounded old and tired. "Money is indeed important, but there is something more important than that - Morals. Although immoral things can quickly attract money, but because they result from the pain of others, then the money will quickly disappear. And then, you will get nothing, since your prestige has decayed in the eyes of others."

"Dad... I am your son, Dad..." Stairmount's voice sounded very pitiful. "So please... trust your son. I never create Ramscal Pathogen. Or any pathogen which harms people, totally not!" At least, haven't used it yet.

He heard his father took a deep breath. "That's right, you are my son, Schynn. My only son. I love you with all my heart." Stairmount heaved a sigh of relief. "But of course, as a father, I don't want my son to go the wrong way. It's good that you don't make any biological weapons that harm people. Whatever happens, don't do it. What makes us proud of you isn't that you become powerful, Schynn. What makes us proud of you is, when you become a virtuous person."

Feeling his tongue go numb, Stairmount replied quietly, "Yes... Dad..."

"Alright. By the way, Dad's relatives also want to meet you. They are also in Bracelet, same as your mom's, and the prefecture is even the same, just separates by cities. Meet with them later, okay?"

So, there he travels to Bracelet, to be exact, to Jewel Prefecture, to meet distant relatives of his father and mother.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0