Chapter 80
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dr. Lyndson is handling some documents at the front desk when Stairmount, with his relative, approaches him. "Dr. Zamine Lyndson?"

"Yes, I am," Dr. Lyndson turns his gaze towards them.

"May I see the medical record of Ma'am Carol Moist?" Things have turned out this way, Stairmount has no other choice but to reveal that he can speak the Saturnian language. And although his Saturnian language is not fluent, and may further impact or even burden his communication with the doctor, but for the sake of his grandmother, he has been firm to do it.

"Medical records can't be shown publicly for no reason," dr. Lyndson replies indifferently.

"But I am his family. I am his grandson."

"It is the provision of the hospital."

Here it is, that troublesome hospital bureaucracy. "Then I want to ask, how can you say that my grandmother has got infected by Fuxa?"

Stairmount's question immediately makes dr. Lyndson's anger rise. "What do you mean by asking that question?! The result of Protomoeba Test clearly shows that the patient gets infected by Fuxa!"

"Well, that's why I ask you to show the medical record of my grandmother. Only Protomoeba test is not enough to prove that my grandmother really gets infected by Fuxa!"

Dr. Lyndson has his anger flame even more than before. "My my... who are you?!? You are a doctor? You are an expert in medical science? How dare you act so arrogant?!"

"I am the grandson of Mrs. Carol Moist, and I want my grandmother to get well, so please!..."

"So funny, isn't being a grandson enough to break the hospital bureaucracy?!"

The loud debate between the two of them quickly draws the attention of a middle-aged man dressed in an elegant doctor's coat. He comes near to them, "What's going on?"

"Here's the problem, Dean of the Hospital. He insists on seeing his grandmother's medical record, he said his grandmother is not infected by Fuxa, while the Protomoeba Test has indeed shown that result!"

The middle-aged doctor who turns out to be the Dean of the Hospital now stares at Stairmount. A few moments later, his eyes bulge. "You?... impossible... You are the Leader of the Delegation Team of Jupiter Health Department for Cooperation with Saturn?!..."

Stairmount is quite surprised as the Dean of the Hospital can recognize him even though his face is covered by mask. On the other hand, the expression of dr. Lyndson also changes. "What?! My goodness, so this young man?!?..."

"You are Stairmount Rivers, aren't you? The Leader of Jupiter Health Delegation Team who is very popular recently?" The Dean of the Hospital asks again

Stairmount quickly realizes that it is useless to keep his identity hidden, and he also wants to get a medical record to heal his grandmother. So, he responds, "That's right. I am Stairmount Rivers."

Now dr. Lyndson has his facial expression change one hundred percent, he also turns speechless. Meanwhile, the Dean of the Hospital says, "Well, then, Mr. Rivers. Please come with me."

***

In Pathology Laboratory.

The laboratory technicians and experimentalists, as well as the doctors and nurses, are buzzing in curiosity as they watch Stairmount examines his grandmother's clinical specimens carefully in the laboratory. This laboratory is actually limited for the healthcare workers working at Jadeite First Care Hospital, but the Dean of the Hospital has given an allowance for Stairmount to enter and even work there. The reason why Stairmount thinks that he needs to work there is, when he surveys the medical record of his grandmother, Stairmount said that he needs to examine the clinical specimen of Pathogens taken from his grandmother. So here he is, working in the laboratory, his hands wearing medical gloves are now holding the tubes containing the clinical specimens of phlegm, blood, and urine from his grandmother, observing them fixedly.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

He takes one of the tubes, then pours some of its contents into a quite wide, sterile tube. Then, he searches for another tube which is smaller and filled with a bluish liquid, pours its contents into the previous tube, and puts the muxture into a Permaery dish. He thus observes the mixture in silence. He can hear a technician whispers softly, "Why does he use that chemical substance?..." and another technician answers, "Yeah, it's strange, but maybe he knows something more than we do..." But evidently, Stairmount is the type who is highly focused when it comes to working. Moreover, it is the sector he has been very experienced and he even carries it out in the world-class laboratories. Even though someone yells and curses at him straight in front of him, he won't turn away from his focus even for a split second. Now he takes the results of the biochemical mixture, then puts it on the cover glass, and observes it with a microscope.

*) Permaery dish = shapes are similar to Petri Dish.

When he finally finishes researching all this, he says to the Dean of the Hospital. "This isn't Fuxa Pathogen."

"What?! But, Protomoeba Test?!..."

"Protomoeba Test will always show that it is Fuxa Pathogen, but from another clinical test, it's not. This pathogen looks similar to Fuxa, but actually it isn't. Look at this part," Stairmount shows the results of his research. "It's very small, but it makes a distinct difference. A form that Fuxa doesn't have. But instead, it may cause a kind of drug reaction we don't even wish if we still use the drugs for Fuxa Pathogen to treat this patient."

"What?!? So...if it is not Fuxa, then what is this!?"

"I don't know." Stairmount shakes his head. "I've never seen it before."

A nurse enters the room, "Doctor, this is the specimen from a patient suspected of Fuxa."

As if getting intuition, Stairmount immediately says, "Give it to me. I want to observe it."

No doctor or anyone else dares to protest when Stairmount takes the specimens and examines them. They even watch with great interest in everything Stairmount is doing, since they are waiting curiously about what he will announce as the result.

Twenty minutes later, Stairmount says, "This isn't Fuxa Pathogen, either."

"What?!?"

"This pathogen very similar to Fuxa, but actually, it is different." Stairmount bites his lip. "This is Ramscal Pathogen."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0