Chapter 82
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It turns out that, without them realizing it, Ramscal Pathogen has infected the entire area of Jadeite. And while having a conversation with his mother's relatives, then they accidentally talk about his father's relatives, Stairmount suddenly gets this thought - perhaps Ramscal Pathogen has been spreading to other areas, since the distance between those cities is very close and therefore creating such intense relations between the cities. He immediately informs the Saturn delegation about this - they are now also dwelling here - who quickly contact Jewel Prefecture health agencies to inspect the surrounding cities. Jadeite, which was once quiet and serene, now suddenly transforms into a noisy, overwhelmed city.

"How busy you are, Schynn. Don't forget to rest, otherwise, you'll get sick," Uncle Andrew reminds Stairmount.

"Ah, it's not a hard row, Uncle. My previous work was much more formidable," Stairmount reassures him.

"But you are really amazing, you don't look afraid of dealing with this new pathogen in the slightest. If I were you, I would be scared to death to the extent that I couldn't even walk!" Aunt Alicia, the older sister of Stairmount's mother, says.

I was even surrounded by hundreds of pathogens that have enormous levels of transmission rates and killing power since they were gathered from all over the Planet when I worked in Mist Laboratory. So even though this is a new pathogen, I'm not afraid of it even in the slightest. But since it is impossible for Stairmount to utter the dangerous statement, he replaces it with, "I just wonder about the healing method for it. I have called my colleagues to come here and give help in doing some research. But the problem is... they can't speak Saturnian..."

"But you can speak Saturnian now, Schynn?" Uncle Alan, the youngest brother of Stairmount's mother, now asks. "As far as I know, before you couldn't even pronounce the words 'thank you' in Saturnian!"

"Ah... that..." Now everyone knows that he can speak in Saturnian, even the Saturn delegation team has learned of it. And since this isn't an urgent problem, Stairmount is sure that Mr. Landlord won't be angry even if he knows about this. But so strange, when they find out that Stairmount can speak Saturnian, the attitude of the Saturn delegation team towards him becomes much more lenient.  Indeed, they aren't as rude as they used to be since they find that Stairmount is creditworthy to save his family, there is even a moment when Stairmount introduces the Saturn delegation team to the relatives of his mother. And now, they can talk with him almost without cynicism, unlike before. Hmm, can it be, they assume that I am not a Saturnian? Wait... my surname is 'Rivers', it is not the surname of the Callisto people... or Ganymede people? That's right, the surname 'Rivers' is also widely used by Ganymede people... geez! It must be! No wonder they are even so eager to kill me. They apparently thought that I am a Ganymede person! What the heck!...

"But... my Saturnian is still poor..." Stairmount smiles awkwardly.

"No, it's okay! It's good!" Uncle Alan pats him on the shoulder. "You've made a good decision, Schynn. From the beginning I don't agree with your parents who tell you to speak Jupiter. As Saturnian, you must be able to speak Saturnian! Even the foreigners are aggressive to study Saturnian, and you who are the real Saturnian can't speak Saturnian instead, it's illogical, right? But then everything has set back to normal. You have become the real Saturnian, Schynn!"

"Ah, you just flatter me. Everybody can still hear my Jupiterian accent!" Stairmount quickly replies. Of course, he shouldn't accept any praises not accordance to reality. 

Besides, Stairmount is still busy doing a lot of other things, such as helping his team members who can't speak Saturnian to come to Jadeite.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

He does need assistance from his team members. Because, it has been proved that Ramscal Pathogen has spread to other cities. As he fears, the pathogen has also spread to Nephrite.

"What?! Sianne is also infected by Ramscal Pathogen?!" Busy working at Jadeite First Care Hospital, Stairmount is obviously very surprised by the message he just gets. "How is she right now?!"

"Not so good, Schynn... and Nephrite doesn't have a big enough hospital, unlike Jadeite..." Uncle Julian replies worryingly.

"Can uncle and aunty bring Sianne here? Jadeite First Care hospital is the biggest hospital in Jadeite, and Jadeite City is very advanced and has much better facilities, the equipment here is more complete than in any other cities. The Saturn delegation team is also here and the members of my team will also be coming here soon."

"Sure! We'd be assured by taking Sianne to Jadeite, because you are in there. Of course we get assured to let Sianne be treated by her own cousin!"

Uncle Julian is correct; Sianne's condition is really unwell. Due to taking a long journey, Sianne's condition is even getting worse as she arrives at Jadeite First Care Hospital.

"At first she just had a fever, but now she's starting to shiver. And she also says that her whole body is in a lot of pain..."

Sianne does look exceedingly hurtful; as soon as she arrives at the hospital, she is just laying limply on the bed, her both hands embracing her chest tightly, as if she is trying to escape from the extreme cold.

"Sianne... how do you feel right now?" Stairmount asks Sianne in Saturnian language, which soon lets her uncle and aunt get surprised.

"Schynn... you can speak Saturnian?!" Uncle Julian exclaims in astonishment.

"Uh... just a little..." Stairmount turns his attention back to Sianne. "Come on, just tell Brother, how do you feel right now? Okay?..."

"It's cold... I am shivering... and my whole body hurts..." Sianne is facing difficulty speaking as she responds.

The nurse comes and takes the specimens of Sianne's blood, phlegm, and urine. "Mr. Rivers, the family is not to stay here, to avoid being infected by Ramscal Pathogen," She suggests.

"But it is us who brings her here. If she gets infected, we've also been infected," Uncle Julian replies.

"Maybe both of you can have the test, whether you are infected by the pathogen or not," Stairmount suggests.

"Uh... well, good idea..." Then the nurse also takes the specimens from his uncle and aunt.

Stairmount's ultra-cyber minipad rings. He picks it up. "Hello, Pamela? You've arrived at the airport, and now you are taking a taxi and coming here? Okay, I'll wait in the lobby." He disconnects the call, then turns to his uncle and aunt. "Uncle, Aunty, please excuse me, I'll take my leave. My team members are coming here, I have to assist them because they can't speak Saturnian."

They both nod their heads. Stairmount approaches Sianne, then grips the hands of that young woman who is in much pain. "Sianne, I have to leave. When I'm done there, I will definitely come back here."

"Alright... Bro... take care..."

Stairmount curves a smile. He releases his grab from Sianne's hands, then he goes to the lobby.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0