Chapter 84
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The Delegation Team Leader of Jupiter Health Department, Stairmount Rivers, creates an uproar throughout Saturn with his unusual act according to medical science, that is, to inject Ramscal Pathogen into his body. He believes that this method can help him identify the pathogen which has just appeared in Saturn and find the best therapy to eliminate the pathogen. About the Ramscal Pathogen..."

Daphne widens her eyes as she hears the news on the cyber monitor. Stairmount doesn't tell her even the least bit that the young man plans to do that crazy act. She is so shocked that although she only hears the news halfway, she then immediately grabs her ultra-cyber minipad, and with hands trembling severely since she is very anxious, she hastily calls for Stairmount. She doesn't want to talk about this through a message since it doesn't clear when he will reply to her. She has to call him directly, and make sure that she can hear his voice with her own ears, right away.

A few seconds later, the phone is picked up, then followed by Stairmount's voice, "Hey Daphne Darling. Why do you make a call instead of sending a message?"

"Stairmount... you... do you really do that crazy thing?!" Daphne gets straight to the point about why she calls him.

Stairmount doesn't reply immediately. "How do you know?..."

"It has become the breaking news in Jupiter! I think the whole planet has known of it!" Except me. "Stairmount... please... don't do that..."

"Too late, Daphne. I've injected it an hour ago." Stairmount smiles triumphantly. He knows for sure that Daphne won't agree with his decision, that's why he doesn't tell her on purpose. And when the young woman finds out - like now - then the pathogen has been injected into his body.

"Stairmount!" Daphne screams in frustration.

"Don't worry, Daphne. I'm doing this for humanity. So from the moment I get sick, I know what I have to do, and that way, I can determine the right medication, to treat those poor patients, and me as well."

"But what if the opposite happens?!?"

"What if I die?" Stairmount asks rhetorically. "It might be a good ending, I think. I die without being forced to carry out that cursed order, and my parents can live freely."

"Stairmount!!! How... how... can you say such pessimism?!?"

"Alright Daphne... now my head hurts... I am starting to feel dizzy..."

"Stairmount! Have you forgotten your promise, that you will marry me?! We will get married?!?"

Once again, there is no reply for a few moments.

"Sure... Daphne Darling... I love you with all my heart... and we will get married..."

"So you can't die, Stairmount! You know, I'm trying to help your parents!..."

"What... do you mean... Daphne?..."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Daphne turns silent. She looks left and right. The loud sound of the cyber monitor is heard from her mother's closed bedroom. Then she says again, "I just met with a member of Enigma. She's really great, she can hack Chrono's IT system easily, and Chrono can do nothing against her because they can't prove that it's her job. So I think, to ask for her help in diminishing the data about your parents. So that Chrono loses their keys in keeping your parents as hostages, and thus your parents can be free."

Despite being in severe pain, Stairmount's brain is still sharp enough to realize that this is a dangerous topic. He immediately changes the format of this conversation - he now sends the messages.

"Enigma? The intelligence of Neptune?"

"Right."

"What is her name?"

"She said, just call her Payneth."

"Payneth?... I've never heard of her... but I don't know about Neptune's intelligence..."

"She's incredible, Stairmount! An owner of Neptune restaurant became a victim of the Anti-Neptune movement, he was forced to close his restaurant. Payneth then hacked Chrono's page and made the impression that Chrono condemned Jupiter's police stupidity regarding their neglect of the Anti-Neptune movement. Soon after that, the restaurant can reopen."

"Then you have told her about me?"

"Not yet. I'm currently in the process of exploring her. It's not easy to get acquainted with her, just because I tell her that I am a Neptunian-Plutonian who was almost genocidated, only then she is willing to get closer to me."

"Good. Don't tell her about this, Daphne."

"But what if she is able to release you from that task?!"

"But what if it is the opposite that happens? Perhaps it will be more dangerous, you may die. And all of my efforts to save you will be useless, because all you're doing is actually no more than delaying your death."

"No..." Daphne mumbles desperately. "So... there is really no way out?..."

"We can always make hope, Daphne," Stairmount says again. "And I am really touched since you're willing to do all this for me. But, if Neptune's intelligence can help me, then I won't be topsy-turvy. So this is a really, really difficult problem!"

"Neptune's intelligence is highly skilled, Stairmount! Don't underestimate them!"

"Yes, I know. Chrono is somehow afraid of Enigma."

"Well, then it means that I am right?!"

"Daphne... my head is so hurtful... and I feel so cold... looks like Ramscal Pathogen has started to show its symptom... sorry... please end this conversation..."

Daphne bites her lip. "W... well, then... Stairmount... please take a rest... if you need someone to talk to, you can call me..."

"Sure, Daphne... bye..."

The conversation is thus disconnected. Daphne suddenly also feels dizzy, since she is so worried about Stairmount's condition. She stands up, goes out into the veranda, then spreads out her both arms and takes a deep breath.

After she gets much calmer - because after all Stairmount has injected the pathogen into his body - all she can do is sit pensively while looking at the dusk sky which is getting darker, as a sign that the day is turning into night. Pondering about what she was talking with Payneth this afternoon.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0