Chapter 88
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Something extremely terrifying flashes through Daphne's mind. In an instant, her whole body trembles violently. She moves her fingers to the ultra-cyber minipad next to her. And in a hurry, she dials Stairmount's number, calling him.

For some reason, she feels something very dangerous has happened with Stairmount. Stairmount is on the verge of death. Her mind is getting more and more anxious when he doesn't pick up the minipad. She presses the 'Call' button again, and again, but still, no one picks it up. And so on, until even six seven times of calling.

"Why are you so nervous, sweetie?" Mrs. Yalle, who was watching the drama series previously, soon gets agitated by Daphne's anxiety.

"Stairmount... for some reason... I feel that he is in danger..." Daphne presses the 'Call' button again, and one more time, no answer. "I've called him eight times. Every time he isn't at work, he will definitely pick up his ultra-cyber minipad. But now, he doesn't. Why..."

In response to the agitated Daphne who keeps pressing the 'Call' button, Mrs. Yalle falls silent, having no idea about what to say. Other than, "We can only hope. Hopefully, God will help him and he will survive..."

Daphne's phone beeps. Someone is calling ber. In a hurry, Daphne immediately picks it up, "Stairmount!..."

"Hello, Daphne Yalle?"

A woman's voice. Daphne freezes. It is Payneth's voice.

"Daphne Yalle? It's me, Payneth."

Daphne doesn't reply right away; she tries to calm her frozen brain first which is previously bewitched to be petrified. "Well... yes... I am Daphne..."

"I've found another data you might be interested in. When do you have time to come here?"

"Eerrr... I'm busy right now..." Daphne is indeed busy calling Stairmount who doesn't pick up the call. The busyness makes her mind so clouded that she doesn't want to meet with everyone, especially with the agent of Enigma.

"Okay. If you have time and are free to come here, just contact me."

"Alright... thank you..."

"Who is that?" Once again Mrs. Yalle gets distracted from her drama series because of Daphne's activity that appeals more to her.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

"Eeerrr... Mr. Finns..." Now Daphne has worked again at Mr. Finns' restaurant which has been reopened. In order to adjust to Stairmount's work schedule as well as the time difference, her work starts at 1 PM and ends at 8 PM.

Her answer manages to make her mother stop to suspect her. "And you think, he is your future husband?"

"Yeah... I am just too panicky..." After her mind starts to calm down, she just thinks of something else that makes her mind turn chaotic again. Just now, she was so panicked that she thought it was Stairmount who called her, she then automatically calls Stairmount's name, and it was unfortunately Payneth. That Enigma agent is also suspicious of Stairmount. She managed to deny it by telling that her relationship with Stairmount is no more than the relationship of student and lecturer, but with her acting recklessly earlier, what Payneth's next guess will be?

Nothing. Daphne takes a sip of the water in her glass. Nothing will happen. Nothing will happen.

***

"But I do know, anyway, that you have a deeper relationship with Stairmount Rivers. I do know that from the start, after all." Payneth sips her wine while watching the news. "From the way you reacted when you were asked about him. The look on your face. I am a woman too, so I certainly know what a woman in love looks like."

Payneth stares intensely at the news on the cyber television, which now shows Jupiter's combat rockets entering the air defense identification zone of Io, ready to make a confrontation with Saturn over it.

"Previously I thought that he was a Ganymede man, that's why he could be an espionage agent to be infiltrated into Saturn. Then Daphne said that he is of ethnic Saturnian and therefore would not have the heart to attack his ancestral country, I thus believed her. But, I forget something. There is a more dangerous group even than Callisto or Ganymede when it comes to Saturn, and to make matters worse, their ancestral country is Saturn. Saturnian of Io." Payneth's eyes flash sharply. "If Stairmount Rivers is an Ioan, then he certainly can have a ruthless heart to spy on, and even ravage Saturn."

She turns off her cyber monitor, and switches her focus to the data on the desk. It is Stairmount's identity data, with data showing that not only records that he is a member of Chrono, but even records his previous position, as head of the Mist Laboratory in Pluto promoted by Jupiter.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0