Chapter 92
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daphne gasps, not expecting that Payneth will ask that topic.

"Well... I am just curious. He's very famous right now, isn't he? Young Hero of the Century! And more, his crazy and valiant action of risking his own life to save Saturn people from the threat of this new Pathogen lets Saturn people, who should be antipathy to Jupiter, now turn to worship him. Don't even mention the international community, especially those from the countries of Nature Continent. They consider this event as  the victory of Jupiter over Saturn, as if there is a competition held right now."

Actually Daphne is annoyed with Payneth who asks about Stairmount. Stairmount tries very hard to hide their relationship from being exposed, which is why whenever they were outside they would always be in disguises. And she knows the reason exactly - very related to her own safety. Therefore, she also protects not letting other people know about their relationship.

But, that's for other people. While Payneth is a member of Enigma. I indeed want to ask her for her help in saving Stairmount's parents, don't I? Now, it is she who says about Stairmount first. Maybe this is a good sign? And because of that, I should give it a try? To try this gamble?

"Well... as I said before, Mr. Rivers is a good teacher. He is very dedicated to the subjects he teaches, and also very caring for his students. I am so happy to see him get much honor from around the Planet. So I can be proud of this fact; that he is my lecturer."

"Yes, he is so incredible. Still young, yet he is so outstanding, and very brave, heroic, and devoted as well... no wonder that even though he is still young, but Jupiter government can entrust him to carry out such important duty for his country, instead of choosing someone else although there must be plenty of members who are more senior and experienced than him. Ha, and he is also handsome. It's not strange if everyone gets interested in talking about him, they are so enthusiastic that they create that headline: "Young Hero of the Century". I am also interested in him." Payneth stares at Daphne more closely. "Do you know, what ethnicity does he own?"

"Saturnian, that's what he says..."

"Yes, but where does he come from? From which Saturn's province? Aquamarine, or Io?"

"He says, he was born and grew up in Jupiter."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

"What about his parents?"

"About that, I don't know."

"So you didn't ask him to such detail?"

"Because it's not a general topic to discuss. And I'm not a big fan of geography, either."

"You were supposed to ask about that."

"Even if he had told me, I would still have had no idea about that. Nothing I understand about Saturn. Not to mention Essence Continent which is located so far away, I even understand nothing about Aurora Continent."

"How did you two get close?"  Payneth turns the topic.

"Eh... uhm... that..."

Payneth knows that Daphne is considering whether she has to give response or not. It turns out that the question has intervened too deeply in Daphne's private sector. She has hit a sensitive area, and if she makes even a little mistake, Daphne will stay away from her without delay.

"If you don't want to tell about it, that's fine. Just pretend I never ask," Payneth quickly says.

"Miss Payneth, are you really the member of Enigma?"

Payneth is confused. It is out of her expectation that she would get such a question from this girl she assumes as a naïve one.

"Yes, Miss Payneth." Daphne stares at her with a pleading look. "Are you really the opponent of Chrono? Are you really here to weaken Jupiter and Nature Continent? And to help your country Neptune?"

Payneth shrugs. "I don't know the relevance of my question to yours. However, one thing I can ensure; it's useless for me to answer in detail since it can be considered as an excuse or self-justification. Just observe all of my actions so far, I am more oriented to which directions?"

Daphne is silent, for a very long time. Payneth waits for her next step. The quiet atmosphere is only filled with the blow of the morning breeze.

"Then." Daphne finally makes up her mind. "Can we go to your house? I'll tell you about it there, as detailed as possible."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0