Chapter 102
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the beginning, Payneth has been challenged to hack the data about Stairmount from Chrono. Her primary goal is not to help Daphne, but rather based on her ambition to gain that pride; if she manages to achieve this goal, then it means that the programmers of Chrono will definitely lose to her. However, after watching Daphne's seriousness in doing her duty, her strong focus on dedicating herself to her work, and especially her expertise in medical issues which has given so much help; she thus adds her goal with this purpose - to make Daphne's wish come true.

"I get the idea; maybe the data is spread over many points, and that's what makes it very difficult to be penetrated. So, the concept is like a puzzle, must be collected one by one." Payneth expresses her opinion. "Once the puzzles are collected, then we can unlock - and further, eliminate - the data in its entirety."

That afternoon, a light rain is pouring down, and the temperature at the end of Winter Month which begins to be warmer turns chilly like the previous time. In response to Payneth's opinion, Daphne just shrugs her shoulders. "I know nothing about computers... so I can't give any comment..."

"Yes, it must be." Payneth returns to her activity, typing on the cyber transparent screen with her gaze. A second later, she claps her hands together. "That's right. We are on the right path."

"Oh, really?" Watching Payneth who appears excited, Daphne can feel her hope rises. "So with this, we can eliminate the data of Stairmount's parent?"

"Wait a moment." Daphne still hasn't turned her eyes from the screen. "Ah... I see..." She types on the screen with her gaze. "Oh... well... that's how it works... hmmm..."

Payneth turns her seat to face Daphne, who asks tensely, "So?"

"The key point is in the places where Rivers has ever visited, yet give him a deep impression of them. So we are going to hack it in two ways." Payneth nid-nods. "Passcode, as well as, Transmitter."

***

"Eh? The places I visit quite often, and give me a deep impression?" Stairmount's voice sounds confused. "Why do you suddenly ask about that?"

"Uhmmm... I am taking a psychology quiz about the characteristics of my life partner, then these questions pop up," Daphne lies. "So, please answer it, okay?" She tries to laugh as if she is making humor.

"Don't do such kind of tests. Our private data will be vulnerable to getting hacked," Stairmount warns.

Aw, this is the problem of having a lover who is too smart, Daphne groans inside her mind. "Don't worry, I am using a pseudonym, and a fake email as well. Besides, I don't inform that the data I am filling out is about you."

"You should understand this, Daphne, that I am worried about your safety."

"Okay, okay, I will stop playing that quiz. But... how can you be so heartless, you don't want to tell your future wife about that petty thing? How cruel..." Daphne says in a sulky tone.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Perhaps, it is the reality actualized from this saying; "Gentlemen Surrender under the Beautiful Women's Feet", Daphne's sulky voice instantly lets Stairmount's heart melt. "Ah... it's not like what you think!... What kind of things I won't do for you? I've even risked my own life for you, how can't I do something petty like that! Well, let me tell you..."

Ha, if I'd known it'll be so easy, I would have been supposed to use this method from the beginning. Why do I bother myself by thinking about such weird lie, Daphne smiles happily as she writes down all the data she has got on a piece of paper. And then she gives it to Payneth the next day.

Payneth reads the names of all places Stairmount has ever visited. "Is this data correct? But, how can it be so few?..." She scratches her head.

"It's all he gave to me." Daphne shrugs.

"Hmmm... if he said the truth, then it means that he's too persevered. For a Jupiterian, it is an unbelievable fact." Payneth chuckles. "Well... but it's not surprising, nevertheless. He can achieve such great accomplishments even though he's still at a young age, he definitely needs extra hard focus for it. People who have difficulty in focusing, let alone those who like having fun or pampering themselves, won't be able to achieve such great accomplishments."

Payneth re-enters the data into the computer. A second later, she leans back against the chair, her arms are crossed. She is waiting for data loading. Which turns out to take quite a while moment.

"Good. We can move forward, to the next stage."

Payneth's eyes sparkle with joy. Daphne smiles cheerfully. "So, we're getting closer to our goal?..." She asks excitedly.

"Yes." Payneth nods. "But, this stage will not be as easy as the first stage. It will be much more difficult. Also... we can't work only by ourselves. We need help from others."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

0