Chapter 105
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Payneth makes her way into the room. Actually she wants to fully focus on searching for the Transmitter like she usually did before, but the sight she gets makes her feel like a sharp knife is slicing her heart. Even though she is very familiar with fighting and bloody wounds, still, she can't stand for seeing such kind of vision. It must be. The animals existing here are half alive and half dead. Neither alive, nor dead. Hence, the living condition they have to pass through for the rest of their lives is really pitiful. Some animals have lost their outer skin, and only their inner muscles show horrible parts which still remain in them, but they are still alive and squirming. Some have lost their eyes and ears, or have lost their limbs, or have half their bodies removed. Some creatures with odd shapes can even be found here, such as the sticking of two different creatures. Or, the creatures which have four legs, or five hands and feet, and all of them are sticking together... and many other gruesome sights.

Gosh, if I'm not mistaken, it must be a fusion between human and monkey! Payneth immediately turns her gaze away from a creature which is a combination of two creatures whose bodies are attached each other. What a crazy view!... And, Rivers was used to working here? He has the heart to do such cruel things? Actually, what kind of person he is, to the extent that he can do experiment with this kind of thing, and even make it as occupation?...

Finally, Payneth gets it. The transmitter is located inside a cupboard containing chemical liquid. Payneth pulls it out, and observes the code, then she enters the data into her ultra-cyber minipad.

When Payneth is about to leave the room, she catches that view. A hexagonal bottle filled with red-yellowish chemical liquid. She thinks for a moment, then, she takes the bottle.

Perhaps we'll need it, She tucks the bottle into her pocket. Then, she leaves the room in a hurry.

***

"I almost fainted in that room! It was the craziest sight I've ever seen in my 46 years of living on this Planet! I am sure that I won't forget it even until I am 90!"

Now, they are on the jet train heading to Pearl. All transmitters in Topaz have been collected, so there is only one city left - Pearl. It takes them three hours by jet train, but it is closer than the journey they took from Emerald to Topaz.

"It was crazy, that lab! I don't think there are labs in Neptune which are as crazy as that one!" Payneth keeps talking about the horror she just experienced. "And I think... those who can work at such kind of place, must have cruel minds!"

Payneth's words instantly provoke uncomfortable feelings inside Daphne's mind, she soon feels her chest tightens painfully. Instinctively, she raises an eyebrow at Payneth.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Payneth quickly understands Daphne's anger. She pauses, then turns the conversation to another topic. "But you made a smart move by knocking out that man. It should take at least half an hour for him to regain his consciousness and then scream and make noise, but at that time, we've been far away from there."

"You, too. Get a great idea about picking some anesthetic," replies George.

"Haha, I just watched it by chance," Payneth utters, full of satisfaction. "When we arrive at Pearl, we'll go to Elite."

"Huh? After a tour in a laboratory, we then go shopping?" George is astonished.

"Not right inside Elite. But in its surrounding area," Payneth explains. "But, once we finish all of this, we can go shopping at Elite to cheer ourselves up."

"I'm not interested. You women like shopping, you can go by yourselves."

"Then you'll be in charge of carrying our groceries, okay!" Payneth laughs. George scowls.

Finally, the jet train stops. The passengers immediately cram down from the jet train. Daphne and her colleagues now head straight to a flying taxi, tell the driver about their destination, and the taxi soon takes them away from the station.

"We've arrived, Sir and Madams." The taxi driver stops his taxi at their destination - which turns out to be a residential area.

"Thank you," George pays the taxi fee. They thus enter a wide, deserted area.

Suddenly George sniffs. "This smell... a very familiar bad smell..."

"Huh? What's wrong? I don't smell anything," Payneth says confusedly.

"This... is the smell of our old fellas... Chrono!"

"Oh!" Payneth giggles in amusement. "Then, we are entering one of Chrono's secret sites. How smart you are, you can notice it."

"So the state duty that you mean is, to fight against them?" George brushes his palms together.

"No. We are still looking for the Transmitter."

"Oh..." George looks disappointed.

"You know, it is still not conducive to fight directly with them recently. All we can do is doing seek and find like this."

"Hmmmm... well then, no matter what, in the end we can destroy those old fellas who have been so annoying all this time."

Payneth looks at her ultra-cyber minipad screen. The signal emitted from the Transmitter she is looking for is located in a house, which is of the same type as Enigma's base in Emerald. They stop in front of the house. Payneth observes it thoroughly.

"One of Chrono's secret sites." The strong wind ruffles Payneth's hair. "Looks like what you expect will happen, George."

"Shall we enter this site?" asks George. "And fight with them?"

Payneth is silent for a moment.

"Yeah... but still, we can't fight with them." She shoves her hair back away from her face. "No one should know that we're looking for that Transmitter. Especially Chrono." She turns her eyes back at Daphne and George. "We'll move at night, when nobody is certainly in here."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0