Chapter 109
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why does Daphne not pick up my call? Before, I just had to wait for a ring and she would pick up the call right away."

Stairmount kept staring at his ultra-cyber minipad in bewilderment while forcing his brain to keep thinking hard. However, because he is so tired of his duties all day, his tired brain quickly concludes that Daphne must be too busy that she can't pick up the call. Finally, he decides to text her, "Daphne Darling, how are you today? You don't pick up my phone, are you busy? Fine, I won't bother you. When you're free, please reply to my message. From your future husband who is missing you so much. I love you." He sends it, and after that, he soon lies limply on his bed.

Because the attitude of Saturn government towards him has begun to soften, hence it is really different from the previous time when he only received reports at meetings which might have been edited before they handed it to him and so that became useless; this time, they even allow him to take direct participate in researching the health condition of Saturn people - and get their blood samples, according to the way how Sierra Pathogen infect people and then spread rapidly. Just as Mintsand Marine stated, the schedule he should undergo is much heavier. Since he is allowed to get in touch with the people in person, then he has to travel to various cities throughout Saturn. He just works in the areas of Bracelet Province right now, but it makes him exhausted. Not to mention that the people of many other big cities have been ready to welcome the arrival of him and his team. Diadem, Spectrolite, Carnelian, Agate, Zyrcon, Tourmaline, Orbs, Citrine, Ruby, and so on; he will even go to some cities that are more dominated by the minorities such as Garnet, Quartz, Aquamarine, and Diamond. Since this is indeed the main intention of Chrono, they thus help to 'blow' so that the Saturn government is pleased with Stairmount's visit, such as by always making his visit go viral wherever he travels. It even ignites the foreigners who are dwelling in Saturn to line up to see him as well.

"Don't do this, Mr. Landlord. I am not Princes of Band * !" That's how Stairmount complains when he can finally relax in a nine-star hotel - which he can't really enjoy since he only lounges for an hour or two, and then must go elsewhere hastily.

* Princes of Band is the most famous vocal group on the entire Planet for the year 2,100.

"Oh, of course you are not Princes of Band. You are even more prominent than Princes of Band." Mr. Landlord replies calmly. "Princes of Band is only well-known among youngsters. But you are well-known in all circles. I guess, many elderly people like you."

"But this is so laborious!" It is indeed very laborious, especially since he should maintain a good impression no matter how tired and languid he is. Besides, he is not used to getting such kind of adoration. Once, he met with a group of teenage girls whose ages are 15 at most yet dressed so stylish and even sexy. At first he thought, the girls wanted to get a medical examination or something like that, but evidently they asked for his autograph and also to capture the picture with him. And when they were taking the picture, they all hugged Stairmount very intimately without him being able to prevent that kind of pose. Stairmount is so annoyed with their attitude. What if Daphne watches that picture? That imagination really scares him.

"Princes of Band can be famous because of the blow-up. Nothing can rise in popularity without any parties creating it. And they have been ready for that, they know what they have to do. Well, you have been informed from the beginning, that you're going to be popular? And you know the purpose of all this? So, you mustn't complain. Instead, you should enjoy it all, Dude."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

How can he enjoy all of this, when he knows exactly what will become the ending of this drama?

However, he tries to focus on his duty. Basically, Stairmount is not the type who can be swayed by feelings easily. When he falls in love for the first time, yes, he admits that it affected his feelings so intensely. Therefore, every meeting with Daphne would make him very sentimental. But perhaps, Moment is playing a role in this case. If we said that it is because Daphne is a beautiful woman who will let him be infatuated with her for sure, then, actually he has met with lots of beautiful women previously. There are lots of beautiful women on this Planet, just like the clouds in the sky. In Jupiter, he has met - and even made friends with - women from any ethnicities on the Planet. Not only those from Aurora Continent, he has made acquaintance with the Uranusian-Jupiterian, Scarletthian-Jupiterian, Olivian-Jupiterian, and even more the mixed-ethnic girls who usually possess eccentric beauties and becomes more attractive than Plutonian girls. Then, he himself also has the qualifications which make it easy for him to get acquainted with women - he is good-looking, classy in outfit, smart, and keen in speaking and behaving, so he won't become the tedious nerd who is often despised and belittled by the women and therefore meets difficulty in getting love. However, because at that time he was fully committed to only focusing on pursuing his ambitions, he must control himself so strictly just to study, work and train. As Payneth said, if he doesn't have good concentration like an autistic person, he won't certainly get such a great achievement in recent times. You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs. Nevertheless, things became different when he met with Daphne. At that time, his job was to become a lecturer for the interns at Sapphire Medical University which was far less strict than any top medical universities in Jupiter, and thus did not require seriousness in teaching - and in other words, he was 'free' from 'the prison of duties'. He was free to do whatever he wanted. So, when he made friend with Daphne, he didn't bother himself with overthinking like before. Especially with that genocidal incident when he saved Daphne's life, and thus increased his intimacy with the young woman.

But, after all, this is indeed the true personality of Stairmount. His true personality doesn't know the word 'sentimental' and 'emotional', especially when he is totally focused on his work. He isn't bothered by Daphne's behavior which doesn't pick up his calls or reply to his messages. He doesn't bother to think or analyze the reason why Daphne doesn't reply to him. It doesn't even pass through his mind, that there must be something wrong with Daphne's peculiar attitude, no, he doesn't even find Daphne's attitude strange. So, he quickly gets focused on his work. Moreover, he is - and will be -very busy soon afterwards.

Stairmount has seemingly been back into the old Stairmount. The time when he was still dominated by this cold and indifferent personality - the time when he was still the Chief Researcher at Mist Laboratory.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0