Chapter 111
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Again, Daphne is looking heavenward at the purplish-blue night sky from her veranda. She really doesn't understand with her own way of thinking. Her mind is truly tangled and chaotic. Before she thought, time would be able to repair her tangled mind, but unexpectedly it makes her mind even more tangled than before.

The condition becomes even worse, because she has no one to share about this tangled mind.

In the previous time, she often expresses her feelings towards two people. The first was her mother. But now, she isn't sure whether she can do it or not since she worries about what would happen after that; what would become her mother's reaction? What would happen, if her mother knows that it is Stairmount who has killed his father? And, will it affect the next life of them both? She is afraid of all possibilities leading to such negativity, that is why she chooses to hide it from her mother. Then, the second person. The man who always becomes a pillar to share all of her feelings, as well as happiness and sadness. Stairmount.

But now everything has changed. The pillar of support for her whole body and soul, has now drifted away. Leave her.

She wants so badly to get the pillar back to her... but she can't. Now, everything has changed. Everything can't return to how it used to be.

Daphne's gaze falls on her ultra-cyber minipad. Now the minipad is always silent. It just rang this afternoon because of a call from Payneth, but the rest, is always filled with silence.

Her hand extends, taking her minipad. Nothing has changed with it. She blinks her right eye at the icon 'Message'. The icon opens, but what is inside it is still the same as three days ago. The message sent from Stairmount.

Daphne has read it. She has read it even for so many times. Every time she reads it, her heart will be more and more painful. The sentences such as "Daphne Darling", "From your future husband who is missing you so much", and "I love you" are really like sharp spikes that keep piercing her heart every time she read them.

But she doesn't reply to him.

How can she possibly get in touch with Stairmount again? For God's sake, he is inevitably the main suspect she's been looking for all this time to be responsible for his father's death. The suspect in the murder of his father.

She would apostatize to her departed father if she still gets in touch with that man again.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Daphne loves her father very much. Her father is her main role model. He has a gentle and relaxed demeanor, but firm and tenacious when pursuing his goals. As a doctor, he is determined to do his job devotedly, and by then bringing good to as many people as possible - this determination, he did it so well. It was her father who attracted her to dream of becoming a doctor. She wants to be like her father, whom she adores and loves deeply.

" ... But the physician-scientists, especially the Neptunian-Plutonians, were against it. They said, they heard that Mist Laboratory was doing the perverted act of creating a biological weapon aimed at attacking the nations that were anticipated to be their mortal rivals..."

Even until the end of his life, her father still maintained his principle, to become a doctor who brought goodness to as many people as possible.

Inevitably, Daphne curses God by arranging this fate. Why doesn't God meet her with another man? It's even better to match her with another man of ethnic Neptunian. But why does God set her up to love a man who instead stands to become her enemy?

" ... Well, Daphne... Whatever happens, we mustn't meet face-to-face as opponents in the end, okay?..."

Why does Stairmount seem to know that he would stand as her enemy eventually? As the enemy she must exterminate, for the sake of filial piety to parents, and for the sake of defending the nation and state as well?

Daphne's hands tremble severely.

"Anyway, he hasn't tried to contact me. Even though I've ignored him for three days, he doesn't contact me. He's not trying to find out about my strange behavior. Who knows, I don't pick up the call because I am sick, or getting into trouble. But still, he doesn't contact me... That means, I am not an important person to him... And therefore... I really have to leave him immediately... before... this feeling kills me..."

She puts down her ultra-cyber minipad. Then returning to her previous activity, looking upward at the sky. But, even though she thought that she has been firm with that decision, in fact she still glances up at the purplish blue night sky with the same tumultuous mind as before.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

0