Chapter 122
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daphne gasps. The sound dashes so fast, as fast as the glowing light, but the energy it radiates turns out to be exceedingly incredible.

"Why do you fall in love with him? Because he has saved you and your mother, hasn't he?"

Daphne is stunned. The sudden energy flowing through her whole body is so strong, it is even more powerful than the negative energy that has been shadowing her all this time. She continues to look at the endless night sky with this awakened mind.

That's true. What makes her fall in love with Stairmount is not because he is wealthy, or because of his smartness, or because of his high status, or because he possesses strong influence, or because he is handsome and his demeanor is attractive and charming. No. In fact, what makes her fall in love with Stairmount is; because that young man has saved her and her mother. Even more, it is precisely because of her and her mother thence Stairmount is trapped into trouble that he is forced to carry out the cursed task Chrono orders to him even though his conscience really disagrees with it.

That is precisely what proves that Payneth's accusation - which mentions that Stairmount is a cruel and heartless man - becomes completely unjustifiable.

Daphne purses her lips. That's right. That's right, the more she thinks about it, the more it makes sense. How can a cruel and heartless person be willing to do things which will only end up harming himself? To say Stairmount did this because he gets infatuated with her, and not because of being driven by his benevolent heart? If it is a cruel man who deals with that situation, he will surely let his lover die instead of losing his valuable career. There are plenty of beautiful women on this Planet, only by possessing wealth or power, a man can easily get a substitute woman who is even more beautiful than his previous lover. She has often heard many stories telling that lots of powerful men have the heart to throw away the women they love just to maintain their wealth and power. Lots of men are willing to marry the women they don't love just for the sake of pursuing status and power. And regarding the women they actually love, because in the end the women will not help them to the goal they want to achieve, they have the heart to throw the poor women away, so as not to disturb them in pursuing that goal. Because they think, once they come to power, they will be able to get the substitutes easily.

Instead, everything Stairmount has done, is the exact opposite of all that. He is willing to sacrifice for the people he loves.

Like now, he is willing to suffer the pain of sinning, in order to protect the parents he loves.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

The energies of warm vibrations surge through Daphne's entire body, dispelling the frosty negativity which has once overpowered her. The warm vibrations are like a blazing fire, spreading rapidly to melt the chunks of ice in her every cell. The warm vibrations, bring her back to life.

Positive thoughts keep popping up like the energy of spring. Destroying all negative energies which are still trying to fight it.

"But, he has killed your father, and those poor physician-scientists! He has also carried out that heinous experiments on those innocent test subjects! Still, you mustn't defend him, otherwise, you will be sinning against your father and your ethnicity!"

For that case... wait a minute. Perhaps he is forced to do it? Yes, that's right. That's right! Why didn't she think of that reason before?! Stairmount is forced to do it! He is obliged, that's it! Similar to this current condition, when he is forced to spread Sierra Pathogen because they captive his parents as the custody.

"Huh! How do you know that he is obliged to do that? Is there any solid evidence for that?! Give the evidence!"

I'll prove it. I'll provide the evidence. I'll ask Stairmount directly for that. I will prove that I am right.

Yes, she will ask Stairmount directly.

"Will he answer your call? He hasn't contacted you again even until now, and it's been a week since the last call!..."

This time, it is the negative energy that wins the fight of her inner voices. Once again, Daphne feels the icicles stream through her body. It is true. Since a week ago, Stairmount has had no initiative to call her back after that last short telepathic message. Isn't she his future wife? A future husband has responsibility to care for his future wife, hasn't he?

But if his future wife makes no reply then he is allowed not to try to contact her again? Come on, how come there is such kind of future husband?

Unless, Payneth's accusation is proven to be the correct one. Stairmount is one hundred percent a real cold-blooded, inhumane man.

"Or perhaps, he has got another woman. Now that he becomes so well-known, the whole Planet adores him, he must have forgotten about you because he has got another woman - who is more beautiful and more attractive than you - as your substitute in a short time, like the powerful men usually enjoy! It must be, he deliberately doesn't contact you because he has got another woman! This is his method to break with you!"

Is it really like that?

Is it indeed really like that?

Daphne's right hand, out of her consciousness, extends to reach her ultra-cyber minipad. With hands trembling hard, she takes the minipad. Daphne watches it closely.

Let's prove it. Which opinion is correct?

Slowly, she dials the number.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

0