Chapter 127
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several girls are passing by. Stairmount turns his head. The girls who are chatting and laughing happily possess a completely different appearance from the Saturnian natives. Their appearance, even reminds him of the person who is making him suffer so much at this moment.

"They are the Neptunian-Saturnians."

Marine steps closer to him, as he assumes that Stairmount has an interest in understanding more deeply about the cultural knowledge in this southwestern area of Saturn.

"Quartz is a city enriched in cultural acculturation. The Dione people, the Proteus people, and even the Neptunians. But many ethnic Saturnian natives also dwell here, as you can see. However, the differences in ethnicity don't stop us from unifying in harmony. Now Quartz and other cities in Diamond Province are very peaceful, as well as prosperous, in contrast to the notion of Nature Continent that Saturn government has committed genocide on the ethnic minorities in Diamond."

Getting rid of the restlessness inside his heart in haste, Stairmount nods politely. "And we have to thank all of you for allowing us to see with our own eyes the true condition of Quartz." That's right, this anomaly more or less incites curiosity inside his mind. Although they are the emissaries from Jupiter, Saturn government does not strictly enforce the prohibition for them to visit Diamond. Whereas in the past, many of his colleagues in Chrono complained that Saturn government was very strict when it came to accepting foreigners to enter that conflict area. And that is normal, to be honest, because Jupiter often disrupts that territory by claiming that Saturn government has violated the human rights of the Diones people and Proteus people, and therefore is eager to bring Saturn into international court. But now, they accept Stairmount and his team members casually and openly, while it is crystal clear that they are the Jupiterians.

"We are only strict with foreigners who clearly have bad intentions to destroy Saturn," Marine replies. "But for our own people, of course, we will believe in them, and accept them, with open arms." He emphasizes the last sentence.

A gust of wind ruffles Marine's hair as he nods earnestly. Once again, Stairmount falls silent. And now, turning his gaze away. Automatically, he turns his eyes towards the Neptunian girls who are standing a few meters away from them.

"Ah, Neptunian women are stunningly beautiful, aren't they?" Marine knows that Stairmount is staring at the girls. "Many Saturnian-native men adore them so much, but few can marry them. Because of cultural, linguistic, and regional differences. The women live in Diamond while those poor men live in northwestern cities like Diadem, Spectrolite, Carnelian, and so on. Having no other choices, finally they get married to the women of the same tribe, so as to make their life easier." He laughs. "Sometimes, there are huge differences between love and marriage. First, we fall in love with A, whereas we marry Z in the end. Even though A is beautiful, charming, and so on, but because we need to pass so many struggles only to get A, while in the end, Z can help us to pass easier life, then finally, we choose Z."

Stairmount just responds to Marine's lengthy theory of love and marriage with a closing mouth.

"By the way, do you have a partner?"

Copyright © by boundless_universe

Unlike before, Marine's question is like the thunder which booms in the daytime.

Marine continues with a smile. "Ah, it must be. You are very smart and talented, a very successful young man, very well-known in the entire Saturn, and even all over the Planet. And you also have a good-looking appearance. You know, many beautiful women are always viewing you with adoring eyes. Hey, can it be that many women won't be hesitant even if you have relationships with more than one girl at the same time, only to get the experience of becoming your lover." Marine winks playfully.

"I think, it will be the other way around. No woman will ever love me."

Stairmount replies with a stiff face and a toneless voice. This is the most incorrect question and it shouldn't be asked to him right now.

"What? How can you say that? I guess, in your recent condition, you can just point your finger at any woman you want and she'll soon be yours!"

The reality is, when the woman I love sees me now, she will soon run away as if she just meets with Satan. Ah, even worse, she will try to push me into the deepest abyss of hell. "How about you, Mintsand? You have got married, haven't you?" Stairmount redirects the question.

"Yes. And the result, is this cute little daughter... at least for me as a father." Marine pulls out his ultra-cyber minipad and shows him a photo of his family, consisting of him, his wife, and his daughter.

"Your daughter is indeed very cute," Stairmount said. "And your wife is very beautiful."

"Thanks for your praise." Marine smiles.

"What kind of work does your wife do?"

"She works in the Department of Tourism, especially in introducing the Saturn ancient culture to foreign tourists."

"Then, your wife likes to hang out with foreigners? And has more affection for ancient cultures as well." And Stairmount soon understands the reason why Marine, who is a healthcare worker, can have such thorough knowledge of Saturn's cultural heritages as well as the history and background behind them.

"It's true, she likes her work very much. She said, such a very pleasant experience to meet people from various parts of the Planet, and to introduce ancient cultures which are the abundant treasures of her motherland. According to her, she is doing two great things at the same time; her hobby, as well as her devotion to the nation."

"Your wife seems to have the same personality as you. You're also the type who likes to hang out with new people, and you are very devoted to your country."

"I think, the most important determinant for two couples so as to get married is the compatibility of personality. Imagine if the man is a gambler but the woman is a good person, or the man is sociable but the wife is cynical and suspicious of new people, their relationship won't end in walking down the aisle."

But Stairmount agrees with Marine's this one theory about love and marriage. It is the compatibility of personality that initially let him get close to Daphne. Daphne is interested in biology and medical science, and so is he. Then. Daphne is a smart and studious girl, and so is he. Daphne is calm and reserved, and so is he. Daphne is serious and committed to her word, and so is he. And many more compatibilities which make them even vow to go down the aisle, to become the legal husband and wife.

No... that's wrong. I don't get along with Daphne, I am not compatible with her at all. Now instead, we have had our paths crossed, as enemies...

Copyright © by boundless_universe

0