Chapter 131
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They have reached the end of the sidewalk. Soon afterward, the entrance to the housing complex they are heading for comes into view.

Meanwhile, George doesn't stop staring at Daphne. The journey they are taking this time is far different from before, this time the atmosphere is very quiet, and even filled with great tension. Of course, they have less opportunity to talk let alone joke and laugh like before.  But even so, George still expects Daphne to say hello, or have a word or two with him. Such a shame, George's wish fails to be fulfilled. How come Daphne can do a normal conversation right now? She is so restless, how can she be in the mood to look at George, let alone have a conversation with him?

A few days ago, George reported to Payneth about his failure in getting Daphne's heart.

"She said, not just on this day, but also the next day and beyond, she won't go out with me." George sighed in disappointment. "Ah, I don't know who Daphne's lover is, but he is a real formidable rival. Daphne may be depressed because of him, but still longing for him, she doesn't want to turn her attention to me even for a second."

Payneth was silent for a moment.

"Well... he is indeed a formidable rival, George. To tell the truth, I will get awed if you can really beat him." Payneth said. "I'll tell about the true identity of Daphne's lover to you..."

"Eh, finally you are willing to reveal his identity?!"

"Like it or not. Because a few moments later, the whole Enigma Team will get involved in dealing with the issues related to him. Even Central Enigma will also take part."

"What! It's mad!" George was taken aback. "So, actually who is Daphne's bombastic lover?!"

"He is, the Delegation Team Leader of Jupiter Health Department, Stairmount Rivers."

"What?! Stairmount Rivers?!?" George slapped his hand against his forehead. "Oh my goodness... oh my goodness! He is the idol of the whole Planet due to his crazy action when handling the Ramscal Pathogen, isn't he?! Of course I can't win against him! Oh my goodness..." Then he shook his head. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?! If you told me earlier, then no need for me to waste time only for a useless effort since I'll surrender from the beginning. You know, the number one rule of war is; We have to measure the strength of the enemy before fighting. Because I know, I won't be able to win against him!"

"Well, first I thought that, with Daphne quarreling with Rivers, then it must be much easier for you to snatch her from him. He is also far away in Saturn after all, and a long-distance relationship is usually hard to maintain, he is prone to lose to the one who is closer to her..."

"You make a wrong theory. It is my theory which is proven to be true!" George sighed. "But how can Rivers become the target of Enigma?"

Payneth then told about everything which just happened. Even including the matter of Sierra Pathogen. Which was actually discovered by the Central Enigma data hack in the deep storing data at Mist Laboratory.

George was stunned. He fell silent. A moment later, he nodded slightly.

"Alright, then. I will give up Daphne to him. So for the mission to get Daphne's heart, I fail. What I have to fight for right now, is the second mission. To implement the state duty."

Copyright © by boundless_universe

They step into the complex, and are soon in front of the secret site. The Enigma team consisting of ten members doesn't hesitate anymore as they enter the site. They kick open the door violently, which is pushed open from the outside.

"Who are you?!" All men and women who are sitting in the main room - there are about a dozen of them - immediately rise to their feet, and get ready to combat.

"No need for you to know who we are," Oliver replies coldly.

One of them, a well-built Jupitune man with a hideous face, takes a few steps forward. He smirks, "I think, I know who you guys are..." He rubs his hands together, "... our old friends..."

For some reason, Daphne feels the hairs on her neck suddenly stand up as she looks at that man. His figure somehow reminds her of a terrifying aura she ever sensed before. When she was on the threshold of life and death, and it was the man who almost threw her into the den of death...

Oliver replies expressionlessly. "You are William Field? The senior personnel of Chrono, as well as the leader of Sapphire Genocide Project?" Oliver asks with an expressionless face.

"And you? Oliver Anderson, the senior member of the Central Enigma?" It turns out that this sadistic-and-bloodthirsty-looking man is the ethnic-Neptunians massacrer in Sapphire at that time. Daphne feels her heart skip a beat as the shock and horror suddenly spreads through her whole body. "The Central Enigma is supposed to be in Neptune, how can you guys be in Jupiter instead? Can it be, you guys are using an illegal way to get in here, huh?" He stops, facing right away in front of Oliver's nose.  "Then... I'll deal with you by using illegal way, too..."

"William Field. The senior personnel of Chrono who is infamous for being the most notoriously racist. The ethnicities you hate the most are the Neptunians, Saturnians, and Ralarans. Be often to get proven for committing racism violations, and even has initiated various cases of ethnic discrimination in Jupiter as well as other countries, your actions have often been brought to court, but the court always fails to issue the fair court judgment." Still with an expressionless face, Oliver utters. "Since it can't be handled in a lawful way, what if we finish it by using an illegal way?"

Field's eyes flash. He pulls out his electron gun, and points it at Oliver.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

0