Chapter 135
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stairmount is about to pour the blood samples in the micropipette, to be paired with Sierra Pathogen.

The ultra-cyber minipad rings. Aloud and surprisingly, not only for Stairmount, but also for Marine.

What the heck, who's calling at such a tense moment? Marine thinks confusedly, while Stairmount now places the micropipette containing the blood samples, then picks up his minipad which keeps ringing loudly. "Yes, Daphne?"

"Stairmount... I... I'm so sorry..."

Daphne's voice sounds abnormal; her voice indicates that she is sobbing, "Well, what's going on, Daphne?"

"Stairmount... I'm really sorry..."

"Alright, Daphne... please tell me clearly, what's wrong?..."

"Your parents... have passed away."

Stairmount turns startled.

He has to make sure that his hear isn't failing him. "What... do you say... my parents... what?!?"

"Your mother and father have passed away, Stairmount!!!" Daphne's sobs grow louder.

"No... no way..." Stairmount feels his lips trembling. "I've never said that I am unwilling to do it?!? Chrono won't kill them! So, they won't have died, Daphne!"

"This is... all my fault ...my fault!!!"

Daphne keeps screaming, screaming and sobbing at the same time. Really, she really regrets her decision. If only she hadn't asked Payneth for help from the beginning, then this tragic incident would have happened. Because, they wouldn't have to do that stupid thing.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

"Please, don't kill me! Trust me!"

Scotts screamed aloud, begging Oliver to believe him and spare his life. But Oliver didn't believe him, he believed more in the results of the investigation his team had done. Which stated that; if they are to take Scott's life then they can destroy the data implanted into his organs.

So, that was what happened in the next second. Oliver fired his electron gun at Scotts, who soon fell down, lifeless.

Bringing Scott's body, they came out of Chrono's secret site in a haste. The process of bringing the body was not easy, but they had been ready for the thing that was needed - a funeral car. Lawrence had been waiting outside, disguising himself as the funeral car driver. By doing this, everything became much safer, and could run smoothly.

Arriving at the Enigma headquarters, they quickly dissected Scotts' body. It was not easy to find the area where the data chip was implanted in his body. In the beginning, they thought the enemy put it in the brain, yet they couldn't find it there. After searching here and there, finally, a few hours later they managed to find it inside Scotts' left knee.

"Oh my... it is inside the leg, my goodness... if only we knew, we shouldn't have to kill him," Oliver moaned, feeling guilty for taking the life of a person who had ever begged him to spare his life.

They had just finished destroying the data chip, when a report arrived. From one of the Enigma intelligence agents.

"Sir, Rivers' parents have died."

It was as if a thunderbolt booms in sunny daylight. Oliver soon yelled in disapproval, "Impossible! We just destroyed the data chip in Scotts' body. It must be that Rivers' parents have been free right now!"

"But, Sir. It does happen. Would you please come to the incident location in person, or send someone here?"

Hitting the table, Oliver quickly took his overcoat, and hurried off towards the resident of Stairmount's parents. Daphne, Payneth, George, and the rest of the Enigma members also followed him.

And thus, saw with their own eyes. Both of Stairmount parents were lying on the floor lifelessly, heads being shot by the laser explosion.

"What actually has happened here?..." Oliver shook his head in disbelief. "Why does it turn out like this?..."

"Can it be... This is all but Chrono's trap... they have set this strategy from the beginning; as they get the report that someone has killed Matthew Scotts, then the robotic sniper will receive immediate order and it will kill Rivers' parents by design... but we are so presumptuous with our analysis... and thus fall into their trap!..."

"So... Scotts was right?" Cold sweat began to run down Oliver's face. Guilt came back and haunted him once again, even stronger than before. Inevitably, he had killed someone who was correct with his words.

"Chrono has deceived us. They have designed this in such a way that, no matter what happens, Rivers will have no choice but to spread the Sierra Pathogen in Saturn."

On the other hand. Daphne's whole body was trembling severely as she watched both lifeless remains lying down in front of her. The two people, who had been so kind to her, who had accepted her sincerely, and even treated her like their own child. These two very important people, who would soon become her parents-in-law.

But it turned out that, the last part was no more than a mere dream.

Stairmount's father and mother had passed away. Having arrived at the presence of God.

Because of her stupidity!

Slowly, she took a few steps to the front. Approaching the bodies of Stairmount's parents, being about to touch and caress them.

"Sorry, Daphne. Rivers' parents died as a result of a crime. We have to implement a deeper investigation. By then, please don't touch the body, lest any fingerprints get mixed up," Lawrence interrupted her.

Daphne threw an angry gaze toward Lawrence. "Investigation? Then after that, make another wrong analysis?"

"Daphne?!"

"It is my stupidity since I've trusted you. In fact, it just quickens the death of Stairmount's parents. I shouldn't have trusted you!"

Daphne stood up, then ran out of the house sobbing, ignoring the screams of all Enigma team who were busy calling her.

Yes, Daphne does feel guilty. This way, actually she is the wrongdoer who has caused Mr. and Mrs. Rivers died. If only she had listened to Stairmount from the beginning, that it is indeed a very difficult matter to get him out of their trap, then Mr. and Mrs. Rivers must still be alive right now.

She is very scared to face Stairmount right now. Scared to face Stairmount who will be furious with her.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

0