004 – I don’t know what I should call this chapter
80 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Glaphira’s POV

 

These last four years have been like a dream come true. My little Varinius has become the light of my life. He is my pride, my joy, my love. He is everything I didn’t know I needed. I didn’t realise it before, but I was just going through the paces before, following the last words of my parents.

 

My father told me to ‘Live, Glaphira. Live free, and never allow others to control you.’ My mother similarly had words of wisdom for me. To ‘Find those you love, and who love you back. Only then will you have a true family.’

 

These words had been the creed with which I have lived for the long, long years since I fled from the human plague. Once again, the thought of the filthy locusts makes my rage spike and I unconsciously crush the rock my hand was resting on. The sharp *Crack* woke me from my daze.

 

I wish Varinius could have been born sooner. Then I wouldn’t have had to go through all those lonely years. Hell, I had almost given in and let one of the dickheads fuck me, just to get them off my case and have a child. But whenever I had those thoughts, I remembered my mother’s words. I would not let any man I don’t love have sex with me because a child borne of a loveless affair, will not have a loving family to care for them.

 

So I endured. I distracted myself with superficial friendships. They were all looking for something to gain. I didn’t mind. The company helped but they are all so… young. They care for these things which I don’t. Still, I didn’t mind.

 

It was only after Varinius awoke his aura that I finally stopped pretending. I don’t know what they did, but they did something to cause Varinius to either feel in danger, or angry, or both. I have long known that there is something different about him from normal children.

 

Hell, he was even born different. I have all but confirmed that he has at least some memories, but not from this world. He was always curious, always asking about the world. He was surprised and disgusted when I taught him about the Giant-slayers, common knowledge for any, from this continent at least.

 

But when he didn’t even know anything about the common races across the different continents, which she only knew because her grandfather travelled the world before she was born and told her stories of his travels.

 

I also know that his memories were not good ones. I can tell this from his aura. I don’t even know how someone could survive the events necessary to acquire such a deep-seated misery, pain, and rage at… something. I don’t know what. Though, I guess he didn’t survive.

 

Still, even with these memories and emotions, he is still childlike in some ways. It’s almost like he is trying to forget… no, as if he is trying to move on. It is admirable and has prompted me to try and not forget, or even forgive the humans, but at the very least accept that the current humans are not at fault.

 

I will never forget what they did but I won’t hold them accountable for the filth they were bred from.

 

“Mother? What’s wrong?” I once again had fallen into a daze, something that Varinius had noticed and now he was standing in front of me, looking up at my face worriedly. Ah. He’s so adorable. He is large for his age, but that doesn’t make him any less adorable to me. After all, his size came from my genes.

 

His long, dark red hair and crimson eyes mirrored my own, but where my features are more delicate and soft, even at this young age I could tell he was going to grow up to have strong, handsome features. His eyes already looked slightly stern despite his baby face. I couldn’t wait for him to grow up. Maybe then… No! You’re his mother. Bad girl. At this rate, he’ll think I’m like the rest of the women in the village.

 

*Sigh* But he really is correct about the lifespan issue. And while incest is looked down upon, it doesn’t cause any genetic issues with pure-blooded Giants. And everyone else act like overgrown children with the guys thinking with their dicks and the girls with their ovaries. He even acts and thinks more maturely than the rest of them already, but I suppose with his memories that isn’t surprising. Anger, grief, and misery are great at killing someone’s innocence.

 

So really, there’s no problem with wanting to have a romantic relationship when he’s all grown up. I can feel that he genuinely does love me when he does that aura string thing which I still don’t understand how he does it.

 

“Mother?” Varinius is still looking at me, concern visibly showing on his face.

 

Once again, I had fallen into a daze, overthinking everything. I’ll forget about it until he’s older. “I’m fine darling.” Oh. His smile is blindingly pure for someone with such heavy emotions lying under the surface. Ancestors, I love him so much. I smile back. “I love you, Varinius.”

 

He spun out one of those aura strings and I luxuriate in the love he feels for me, “I love you too, Mum.”

 

---

 

Varinius POV

 

Mother was distracted, worried about something today during my training, so I just hugged her and let her feel my love for her. It seemed to help her relax and we ended up just cuddling until the sun set. I couldn’t ask for a better mother and hopefully, eventually, wife, but I’m not sure how she feels about that yet.

 

I mean, I’d happily keep our relationship platonic if it meant I could spend eternity with her, but I figure that if we’re spending the rest of our life together, we will probably reach the point, even if it takes thousands of years, where we seek a bit more than skin ship. I already checked (mother got a bit flustered when I asked) and with our bloodline, incest is a non-issue.

 

At this point, my heart is firmly set on mother- no, Glaphira. She is everything I could ever want. I’m glad I’m only four at this point, otherwise I’d have a harder time controlling myself. I may have had bad experiences with sex in my last life and imagining sex with anyone but Glaphira makes me feel sick, but if it’s with her, I only feel comfort and warmth.

 

Anyway, after the sun set we made our way back home, ate, and went to bed. There’s something, like an itch in the back of my mind. I don’t know why but I feel like something bad is about to happen. I snuggle closer to mother, her warmth comforting me, and I relax further. I inhale her scent, like pine needles and woodsmoke, and the last of the tension in my body relaxes.

 

I can’t do anything about the itch, so I may as well stop worrying. Nevertheless, I discretely set up a barrier that draws from my aura pool, around our bed. Nothing can harm us without first breaking the barrier and it would take even mother, dozens of hits on the barrier to empty my aura pool, and I would wake up as soon as something even brushes it.

 

The itch finally seems to disappear, and I fall into a deep sleep, hugging my beautiful mother with my face resting on her soft breasts and her scent surrounding me.

 

Hours later, the night beginning to lighten with the faintest hint of light approaching the east horizon, a booming voice, and intense winds batter at the houses.

 

“Burn, you impure filth!” A booming voice rumbled like thunder as the winds whipped through the houses, tearing off roofs and collapsing walls, before a roaring wall of flame follows it and eviscerates the tribe from the face of the planet.

 

Surprise! Another chapter for you all. I would have made this a cliffhanger but the MC made a barrier acting as a guardrail so you guys don't fall off. Thank the MC. It was his idea, not mine.

Anyway, this isn't how I was originally going to do this, but oh well. At least the annoying tribespeople are gone now, right?

Thanks for reading. Next chap will probably be important plot-wise.

3